High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Feb 21, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #346 of 871
anyone ever try Maple Shade's Clearview Ultrathin digital interconnect?

Never tried them myself but the guy that sold me his JPS labs superconductorfx xlrs told me this,

"I e been an audiophile for 35 years and heard a ton of equipment and cables. My little rant is that, buying super expensive audio cables doesn’t necessarily give you better sound and can actually worsen the sonics of a system. From amp to speakers I only have two resistors and one capacitor in the signal path so I feel that with that transparency I can hear all the subtle details and some cheap cables just sound more like music than the crazy expensive ones.

As far as rca interconnects, I have never heard anything better than Mapleshade ribbons - and they’re like $140."

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #347 of 871
How much of a difference does a high-quality coax cable make? I have a modest Van-den Hul coax going from my Zen Mini to my new Aqua La Scala DAC and I'm wondering if I should replace it with something more in line with the quality of the rest of the components/cables, i.e. like a Shunyata Delta coax or something similar.

EDIT: I've moved a few components around after receiving my replacement Tellurium coax cable so disregard the above.
Coax is literally the worst physical connector for digital transmission.

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #348 of 871
The
Coax is literally the worst physical connector for digital transmission.
Then I am confused why most high end clock manufacturers use BNC coaxial cables as connectors?

Feb 21, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #349 of 871
Then I am confused why most high end clock manufacturers use BNC coaxial cables as connectors?
"Coax" typically refers to an RCA-style connector in the digital context.

EDIT: BNC connectors can be made to match the impedance of the cable itself, while RCA connectors typically cannot. Mismatched impedances cause signal reflections, which can result in jitter. Hence, BNC connections are considered technically superior, particularly at higher frequencies.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #350 of 871
Final tuning gadgets arrived
20220228_104224.jpg

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #351 of 871
Feb 28, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #353 of 871
Let us know how you like them. The new Synergistic Research- purple fuse has been getting alot of great reviews. A few people on the Rogue Audio RH-5 thread have been singing the praises too.
I can test it in my powerplant tonight.
Unfortunately they sent a wrong one, which means I have to go through a lengthy return process now... and can't test the one in my amp yet

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #354 of 871
I'm focused on eking out the last bit of performance from my system by upgrading its power supplies and grounding.

Last week, I moved all of the equipment in my main system from multiple power strips to my Power Plant P12 with Shunyata Delta V2 NR power cable, which is connected to one plug in my Audioquest wall outlet. I then collected all my High Fidelity Cables/Shunyata/Furutech power conditioners and connected them to a Pangea power strip, which I plugged that into a spare outlet on the P12. That set the base level for system noise.

This week, I brought in a Synergistic Research Active Ground Block SE and connected it to the second plug in the Audioquest wall outlet. Hooked up the Ground Block to my DAC, DDC, endpoint, ethernet switch, and ethernet cable via Synergistic grounding cables. There was an immediate drop in noise floor and a huge improvement in music soundstaging, bass presence, and overall definition at lower volumes, plus it added a touch of smoothness to the sound. I prefer to listen to music at lower volumes to spare my aging hearing, so this acquisition was a win-win.

Today, moved the ethernet switch, server, and endpoint from the P12 to a lithium battery power supply (nothing fancy, just an old EcoFlow 500W power generator). This brought about another drop in the noise floor for my sources.

Pretty happy with my power supply/grounding at present. Need to get more Synergistic grounding cables to do the rest of my system.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #355 of 871
maybe a shot in the dark.. but has anyone tried anything from Esprit cables? https://esprit-audio.fr/en/
i was asking my dealer about some shunyata interconnects and he suggested i might wanna try an Esprit offering instead.

May 4, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #356 of 871
maybe a shot in the dark.. but has anyone tried anything from Esprit cables? https://esprit-audio.fr/en/
i was asking my dealer about some shunyata interconnects and he suggested i might wanna try an Esprit offering instead.

I've never heard of this company before. I'll definitely check them out. I actually enjoy reading about different companies and the methods and technology they bring to the table.

May 4, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #357 of 871
I've never heard of this company before. I'll definitely check them out. I actually enjoy reading about different companies and the methods and technology they bring to the table.

I only managed to find one review in English.. too bad there isn't more coverage on these cables. I am thinking of trying the Celesta range xlr cables and perhaps the usb or ethernet. but a lingering concern is because they're relatively obscure, resale may be an issue.

May 6, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #359 of 871
May 16, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #360 of 871
I wish I could afford the Puritan stuff, but I’m cashed out. I heard a system powered by the Puritan 156 at the Capital Audiofest show and was very impressed by the blackness of the background and the way the music popped out of the speakers. The Puritan dealer at the show also had a PS Audio P20 in the audio rack that he said was a trade-in he wanted to unload and then proceeded to verbally crap all over PS Audio’s power regenerators, which made me feel kind of bad about my P12 at home (which I am not as impressed with as I once was).
That is a nice observation, when you hear the system at these audio shows (I never got to go yet) how do you know it is the Puritan doing all that work you mentioned versus say the other components?

Just trying to understand.

Hopefully one day you get the Puritan since that is what you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back