High End Cables Thread (digital, analog, power)
Feb 15, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #331 of 868
Sorry late reply, but have u considered the silver xlr cables from audiosensibility?
I’ll take a look. Speaking of the bibacord where would I order it from if I’m in the US? TotalDAC? I want the best AES cord for my Yggy for the most detail and impact but it sounds like the cable and your new upgrade are more focused on tonality? Am I correct? I’m curious how the High Fidelity Reveal AES cable would stack up against it.

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #332 of 868
I’ll take a look. Speaking of the bibacord where would I order it from if I’m in the US? TotalDAC? I want the best AES cord for my Yggy for the most detail and impact but it sounds like the cable and your new upgrade are more focused on tonality? Am I correct? I’m curious how the High Fidelity Reveal AES cable would stack up against it.

Totaldac does sell Bibacord but I would ask them if they have the new upgraded version. don't know if this is the best aes cable, since I've only tried this and the Synergistic Research aes. but I ordered one right after hearing it in my system.

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #333 of 868
I just got back my Bibacord aes/ebu cable from the dealer. it got "sent back" to Bibacord for an upgrade to v2.0. they say upgrade, but they gave me a brand new cable (my old one is still with the dealer lol). Apparently the new cord has some change in geometry and double the conductors, but I don't know the specifics, nor would I understand them.

just plugged it into my su-6 and to the Rockna Wavelight. fresh out of the box, it is a super warm sounding cable with a tonne of low end and almost rolled off, really smooth sounding highs. it sounds syrupy thick and tbh I am really hoping it will open up after some running in.

off memory, it has a denser warmer tone than my old cord. extends really low down; I've not heard bass go as low with my Solitaire-P. I say really dense tonality again, and probably the polar opposite of say a Mola Tambaqui off ethernet or mTT2, Dave/mDave, or May + sincM hqp.

If the bass stays the same (perhaps a bit tighter) and the top end opens up, I'd be extremely happy.
Your posts are very dangerous for the wallet...

Feb 15, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #334 of 868
Totaldac does sell Bibacord but I would ask them if they have the new upgraded version. don't know if this is the best aes cable, since I've only tried this and the Synergistic Research aes. but I ordered one right after hearing it in my system.
My Yggy is $2k and that cable is like 1.7 so seems kind of silly to spend as much as the DAC but if it’s good as you say I don’t mind spending the bucks to get my system dialed in!

Feb 15, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #335 of 868
My Yggy is $2k and that cable is like 1.7 so seems kind of silly to spend as much as the DAC but if it’s good as you say I don’t mind spending the bucks to get my system dialed in!
In that case upgrading to a Wavelight or May seems like the more worthwhile investment a

Feb 15, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #336 of 868

I agree with @ThanatosVI. rather than a cable costing close to your dac, a new component or dac may be a better use of your money. I only spent that amount on a cable because I was already very happy with my system and was just playing the bonus round.

Feb 20, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #337 of 868
has anyone experienced issues with xlr cables not playing nice with their components? I came across such an issue over the weekend..

between Primaluna pre and Kinki M7 power amp. if I use a Tellurium Q ultra black ii xlr or diamond black xlr, I get loud rustling and static noise. really loud.

- if I swap out the TQ cables for any other xlr cables I have, all the rustling and static noise goes away.
- I can use the TQ cables between dac and pre with no issues (and another brand cable between pre and power)
- rustling and static remain between pre and power even with a different pre
- as such, assume it is an issue with the cable/power amp combo.
- have tried different power cables, with the same outcome

this is the first time I've come across this issue with xlr cables.

Feb 20, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #338 of 868
has anyone experienced issues with xlr cables not playing nice with their components? I came across such an issue over the weekend..

between Primaluna pre and Kinki M7 power amp. if I use a Tellurium Q ultra black ii xlr or diamond black xlr, I get loud rustling and static noise. really loud.

- if I swap out the TQ cables for any other xlr cables I have, all the rustling and static noise goes away.
- I can use the TQ cables between dac and pre with no issues (and another brand cable between pre and power)
- rustling and static remain between pre and power even with a different pre
- as such, assume it is an issue with the cable/power amp combo.
- have tried different power cables, with the same outcome

this is the first time I've come across this issue with xlr cables.

This sounds like some type of RFI. I don't know for sure of course but the huge issue that I've become aware of is the tiny millimeter waves used in UHF devices. These include Wi-Fi routers and access points as well as 5G cellular service.

As the world continues to switch into the high UFH millimeter waves of 5G I think we will start to see more RFI interface in so many things.

I wonder if that specific cable doesn't have shielding to the degree needed. Or of its some how acting as an arieal antenna and picking up stray UHF waves and these are transferring that into your Hi-Fi system.

Just a guess.

Feb 20, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #339 of 868
On a side note. I think we'll start to see more and more trouble with this specific bandwidth being a big problem as we move forward. Cell phone technology has never before ventured into this UHF before. Basic 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 4G LTE never used this bandwidth that was really reserved for military purposes. 5G is a very different story. These are very very tiny short millimeter waves. These waves can easily be picked up by any and all unshielded cables.

My guess is that the next generation of audio cable and power cables and power conditioners will all have to focus on controlling this millimeter wave bandwidth that was never a problem before.

I'm a big fan of the Shunyata Research brand. And late last year upgraded into the NR line of AC power cables and into a power conditioner that is specifically designed to deal with noise. The differences into my system have been shocking. I never knew my system was as noisy as it was. Add to that that I live in a major North American city. It's no wonder with everyone's devices used in day-to-day life that these waves are all over and around us and our precious Hi-Fi systems.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #340 of 868
This sounds like some type of RFI. I don't know for sure of course but the huge issue that I've become aware of is the tiny millimeter waves used in UHF devices. These include Wi-Fi routers and access points as well as 5G cellular service.

As the world continues to switch into the high UFH millimeter waves of 5G I think we will start to see more RFI interface in so many things.

I wonder if that specific cable doesn't have shielding to the degree needed. Or of its some how acting as an arieal antenna and picking up stray UHF waves and these are transferring that into your Hi-Fi system.

Just a guess.

that's a good thought.
weird though, as I can use those TQ cables anywhere else in the chain, or even in my lounge setup between dac and wa33 (somewhat close to a router and TV etc) without issue.

I'm really stumped.. have contacted the cable dealer and am going to borrow some RCA TQ cables to see if it is just an issue with xlr. in the meantime, have taken some vids and he'll be forwarding them to Tellurium Q for their input.

Feb 20, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #341 of 868
that's a good thought.
weird though, as I can use those TQ cables anywhere else in the chain, or even in my lounge setup between dac and wa33 (somewhat close to a router and TV etc) without issue.

I'm really stumped.. have contacted the cable dealer and am going to borrow some RCA TQ cables to see if it is just an issue with xlr. in the meantime, have taken some vids and he'll be forwarding them to Tellurium Q for their input.
Do you have multiple rcas and xlrs connected to the dac at the same time?

I've noticed some devices will say something like this in the manual "it is not recommended to connect both rca and xlrs at the same time".

If both outputs are connected at the same time, on my Denafrips Ares II what this translates to is distortion. I did not know this and thought there was something wrong with my cables and swapped out power cables and interconnects in the chain before I figured this out.

Feb 20, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #342 of 868
Do you have multiple rcas and xlrs connected to the dac at the same time?

I've noticed some devices will say something like this in the manual "it is not recommended to connect both rca and xlrs at the same time".

If both outputs are connected at the same time, on my Denafrips Ares II what this translates to is distortion. I did not know this and thought there was something wrong with my cables and swapped out power cables and interconnects in the chain before I figured this out.

Thanks for that. I only have xlr from my dac connected.

but you're right. I did try both xlr and rca together from my dac and I had some degradation in sound quality as well as audible sibilance and distortion. dac is the May kte. so now I only use one set at a time.

Feb 20, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #343 of 868
That does not sound like robust analog design. Makes sense in the case of Holo, given Jeff is a digital guy and analog is his weak spot.

This is not a knock against Jeff as a digital designer - I think his compensation ladder design is pretty smart and works well in practice.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #344 of 868
How much of a difference does a high-quality coax cable make? I have a modest Van-den Hul coax going from my Zen Mini to my new Aqua La Scala DAC and I'm wondering if I should replace it with something more in line with the quality of the rest of the components/cables, i.e. like a Shunyata Delta coax or something similar.

EDIT: I've moved a few components around after receiving my replacement Tellurium coax cable so disregard the above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back