High End Bluetooth Headphones
Nov 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #483 of 894
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #484 of 894
I am planning to purchase an iPad, and if so to get a pair of Bluetooth headphones to work with it.  Sound quality is not my primary concern for this application, although it would of course be nice.  I am more interested in comfort, convenience, and compatibility.  I would want on-ear or possibly over-ear.

I was thinking of the Beats Solo2 wireless headphones.  Thoughts?

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #485 of 894
Anybody here ever try a pair of Sony MDR-1RBTmk2 with a portable amplifier? Thinking of buying a portable amp off a fellow member but I don't want to buy it if it isn't going to sound good. Just need to be reassured that it will get louder and sound better.

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #486 of 894
Guys i want a bluetooth headphone for travelling and home listening (mostly heavy metal) and i came to these 3 options

The Sennheiser MM 500-X Wireless Bluetooth Travel Headphones
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MM-500-X-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B0076NDV0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417099645&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mm+500

The Bose Ae2w
http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink-Around-Ear-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00CD1FB26/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417099655&sr=8-2&keywords=bose+ae2w

The Harman Kardon BT Premium Over-Ear Headphones with Bluetooth Technology
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-BT-Headphones-Technology/dp/B00A3R3U2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417099671&sr=8-1&keywords=harman+kardon+bt

They all are between $200-$250 (my price range), i was in love with the HK but it doesn't seem good for traveling or using it outside (I dont work out, but walking is a constant thing), the Bose looks comfy but i've read it has a lack of bass or powerfulness in sound and the sennheiser seems perfect, except for the earcups that might be too small...

Unfortunately, i cant put my hands on any of these for testing =( so i'd like some experience.
Which would you choose and why?

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #487 of 894
  Guys i want a bluetooth headphone for travelling and home listening (mostly heavy metal) and i came to these 3 options

The Sennheiser MM 500-X Wireless Bluetooth Travel Headphones
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MM-500-X-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B0076NDV0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417099645&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mm+500

The Bose Ae2w
http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundLink-Around-Ear-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00CD1FB26/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417099655&sr=8-2&keywords=bose+ae2w

The Harman Kardon BT Premium Over-Ear Headphones with Bluetooth Technology
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-BT-Headphones-Technology/dp/B00A3R3U2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417099671&sr=8-1&keywords=harman+kardon+bt

They all are between $200-$250 (my price range), i was in love with the HK but it doesn't seem good for traveling or using it outside (I dont work out, but walking is a constant thing), the Bose looks comfy but i've read it has a lack of bass or powerfulness in sound and the sennheiser seems perfect, except for the earcups that might be too small...

Unfortunately, i cant put my hands on any of these for testing =( so i'd like some experience.
Which would you choose and why?

I've tried both the Bose and Harman Kardon. The HK is fine for going out in terms of wearing it. There is heaps of clamping force so it will not fall off, though it migh get uncomfortable after a while. Whether you can tolerate the looks of rectangular ear cups when you are outside is something you need to decide. The Bose was a bit more comfortable and it didn't seem like it would all off. Didn't sound very good though. Haven't tried the Sennheiser but I would suspect the earcups are small like you said and wouldn't fit over your ears roperly since they are travel headphones. Mind you, the HK didn't really fit around my ear properly due to its odd shape either.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #489 of 894
How do yall feel the Pendulumic Stance S1+ stacks up against the Sennheiser 500x and the Samsung Level Over?

Is the S1+ the clear winner or is there some give and take there?

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #490 of 894
Anyone know if and when logitec will release the successor to the ue 9000. I'm having a hard time finding a set of cans to replace my ue 9000 they are little long in the tooth, but they sound so good to me. Is there anything out there that sounds like them?

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #491 of 894
LAVCAT, iPad supports aptX, which, by the way, our Pendulumic STANCE S1+ does, too :)
You have up to 50 feet of wireless freedom when connected wirelessly, too.
Couple that with up to 30 hours of playback, and I believe that we would be a phenomenal can for you to consider IMHO...
Happy hunting,
Mike Johnson 

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #492 of 894
LAVCAT, iPad supports aptX, which, by the way, our Pendulumic STANCE S1+ does, too :)
You have up to 50 feet of wireless freedom when connected wirelessly, too.
Couple that with up to 30 hours of playback, and I believe that we would be a phenomenal can for you to consider IMHO...
Happy hunting,
Mike Johnson 

I don't think the iPad or any iOS device supports aptX.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #493 of 894
I don't think the iPad or any iOS device supports aptX.

Correct, none of the IOS devices support AptX. That and the reason that I cannot stand Itunes is why I moved back to Android. I have the Plantronics Backbeat Pro coming tomorrow, that supports APT X, 100M(300 ft) distance with Bluetooth 4.0 devices, 24 hours battery life(60 when ANC is turned off) etc.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #495 of 894
Hello, all you Head-Fi'ers...
(And especially Lavcat , Spartoi , tbob18 , JackDuluoz , n00b2 ,and hykhleif , who were interested in Apple/apt-X related questions...)

Spartoi , yesterday, when this apt-X and Apple discussion came up, I was out of the office, and was trying to respond remotely, which I shouldn't have tried to do (multitasking, traveling, driving, talking on the phone, texting, and not doing any of the tasks very well...).
Anyhow, I am at my desk, and am able to respond more completely.
(To begin with, I must admit, I am a PC and Android guy, and I do not proclaim to be an expert on anything Apple, but I felt responsible to at least try to clear things up :) 

According to Jesse Bandersen, www.jessebandersen.com, here are some devices that Apple reportedly has implemented apt-X into: 
iMac
Mac Mini
Mac OS X Yosemite
Mac OS X Lion
Mac OS X Mountian Lion
Mac Pro
MacBook Air
MacBook Pro
You'll notice that these are all relatively lower production volume products from Apple, and no iPhones, iPads, or iPods (higher volume products) are included in this list....

Apple is taking a lot of heat from users in online forums, that want apt-X to be included in their suite of features, but so far those requests/complaints are falling on deaf ears.
Our STANCE S1+ DOES accommodate A2DP which IS used on Apple iPhones, and comes close to the quality of apt-X, but apt-X is still the preferred codec of choice for discriminating manufacturers and listeners.

I'm sorry for any confusion that I may have caused yesterday, and I hope this helps clarify what Apple devices may be utilizing apt-X technology...

By the way, here are some key features of apt-X, off of CRS's website.
Key Features 
§  Compression  ratio:  4:1

§  Audio Format: 16-bit, 44.1kHz (CD-Quality)

§  Data Rates: 352kbps

§  Frequency Response: 10Hz to 22kHz

§  Algorithmic Delay: <1.89ms @ Fs 48KHz

§  Dynamic Range: 16-bit: >92dB

§  THD+N: -68.8dB

Remember, the quality of sound is going to be commensurate to the type of file being played from your source device.
If you are listening to really condensed files (MP3), it is probably going to sound pretty limited.
If you are listening to FLAC, AAIF, WAV, or any other uncompressed file types, then you will reap the full benefit of apt-X 44.1kHx CD quality sound.

And just a reminder...
STANCE S1+ is available at www.Moon-Audio, www.TTVJAudio.com (Todd The Vinyl Junkie) on our website at www.pendulumic.com, and Amazon.

All the best,
Mike Johnson
Pendulumic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back