High current amp for denon ah-d2000???
Jan 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Alexei1337

New Head-Fier
Hai everyone,
I have had my Denon d2000s' for a few weeks now, and I can say that I am not that happy with them :frowning2:
I have found that listening to some vocal schtuff, the midds sound quite recessed. I know that a good tube amp can solve this ALTHOUGH!!!
Drum and the bass and some dub, sounds FAB through my Source :)
So any HIGH current amps that could recommend that are designed for low impedance cans.
Oh and my price point is a MAX of £150 PLZ do not exceed this price Plz :frowning2: (oh and I know I use too many caps xD)
Cheers,
Alexei.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 6
most likely a hybrid or some sort.

because i think most output transformer coupled tube amps are probably way out of your price range

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Amping will make subtle changes to the sound. It will not make drastic changes to the sound. What you are saying you want sounds like a different set of headphones.

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 6
I had the Denon D2000. I have two tube amps, a hybrid amp and a SS amp. None of them made a big change in the headphone sound just subtle changes. I think that modding the cups could make more of a difference.

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Yus,
I was thinking about picking up the j$ pads, as they are supposed to make a slight change in the mids. I listen to drum n bass, dance and some dubstep, but also some vocals. Would the hd650's be a decent swap? Plz guys I need advise :wink:

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Most likely not.  The HD600s would be better for that, especially in the mids.

Quote:
I listen to drum n bass, dance and some dubstep, but also some vocals. Would the hd650's be a decent swap? Plz guys I need advise
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back