HiFiMan Susvara
May 7, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #25,651 of 25,883
Bjork is my favorite artist of all time, I've listened to this song literally thousands of times. It has SO MANY layers and textures and rhythms going simultaneously. Just now, listening to it on Susvara for the first time, a particular passage sounded "wrong" to me for a moment, until I realized it was because I've never heard all of the layers, textures, and rhythms that clearly before. PRICELESS. 🤘:L3000:

May 7, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #25,652 of 25,883
Errr or an acquired taste at best. Well there’s some great tunes big time sensuality, army of me, human behavior. And bless sugar cubes but….then there’s this

And this

May 7, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #25,653 of 25,883
Errr or an acquired taste at best. Well there’s some great tunes big time sensuality, army of me, human behavior. And bless sugar cubes but….then there’s this

And this

Ok, I'll grant you that wasn't her BEST album. LOL But there is also this...... :D

May 7, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #25,654 of 25,883
I've taken a break from listening because of work, but it's slow now, and I've been listening to music again. The Sus / TC combo can't be beat. The Susvara is an amazing pair of headphones that scale infinitely it appears. Maybe it's possible Hifiman can't make a better pair of headphones. If they could, they would have released them by now, given how old the Susvara is. The Sus might be it.
10 yrs from now people will be asking when can the susvara be improved upon....

May 7, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #25,656 of 25,883
I don’t doubt that. They’ve been asking for the last 7 years.
I actually don't doubt it, unless they come up with some sort of headphone tech that literally emulates a 3-d soundscape. For binaural sound, I'm not sure perfection can be improved upon.

May 7, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #25,657 of 25,883
I was at canjam when the susvara was introduced..when I said rather incredulously to the developer ...6000????...he replied just listen to them...I did and have owned 2 pairs and I have literally rediscovered them since I got my envy with upgraded tubes

May 8, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #25,658 of 25,883
Had a similar experience . Have pretty much tried/owned all of the TOTL in the past but Susvara still remains my favourite .
I took a break from headfi for 4 years, and only came back recently. Have tried all the new flagships that came out in my absence , but none of them can dethrone the Susvara on a well put together chain for me. Or perhaps, nothing else can scale as much.

May 8, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #25,659 of 25,883
I dont know how to describe the sound. Sometimes its like the steel band or screw is knocking onto something. Is it related to the squeaky sound? Thanks.
Might be metal on metal contact, if you can, some lube can help. It might be best to see exactly where the sound is coming from.

May 8, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #25,660 of 25,883
Bjork is my favorite artist of all time, I've listened to this song literally thousands of times. It has SO MANY layers and textures and rhythms going simultaneously. Just now, listening to it on Susvara for the first time, a particular passage sounded "wrong" to me for a moment, until I realized it was because I've never heard all of the layers, textures, and rhythms that clearly before. PRICELESS. 🤘:L3000:

She's an incredible vocalist. Gets a lot of playing time from me for sure.

May 8, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #25,661 of 25,883
She's an incredible vocalist. Gets a lot of playing time from me for sure.
Meh, I loved her vocals with The Sugarcubes, but pretty much all of the solo stuff is too artsy for me... and I frequently like artsy. OTOH, she has legions of devoted fans, so who really cares what I think? LOL.

May 8, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #25,662 of 25,883
Meh, I loved her vocals with The Sugarcubes, but pretty much all of the solo stuff is too artsy for me... and I frequently like artsy. OTOH, she has legions of devoted fans, so who really cares what I think? LOL.

Lol I totally get that too. And I would never listen to an entire album of hers, rather I cherry pick the really enjoyable songs for playlists.

May 9, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #25,664 of 25,883
Rediscovered the stock Susvara cable.. it is by far not the best in terms of appearance and tactility, but sounds just right in my system (Roon (HQPlayer) ->Hegel H590).. Just sharing..
+1.

The balance when swapping to the superb DHC Complement C15 gets thrown off, so that stays on my Meze Elites. And although yes the $3.9k Shirogane Ultimate HP cable did sound a touch "better", it was quite negligible given the price discrepancy. The stock cables' aesthetics and feel are comical, but it really highlights the magical tuning of the Susvara which can be easily thrown off with aftermarket cables.

May 9, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #25,665 of 25,883
Rediscovered the stock Susvara cable.. it is by far not the best in terms of appearance and tactility, but sounds just right in my system (Roon (HQPlayer) ->Hegel H590).. Just sharing..
Would love to know what settings you run with susvara in Hqplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back