HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #25,261 of 25,990
Apr 9, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #25,262 of 25,990
Hope no import fee on your end.. Where did you have to send your faulty unit to?
I shipped the faulty one to hifiman in the uk where I live. No sure about import duty. There better not be any or I will be pissed.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #25,264 of 25,990
That is something to be aware of. I had to pay duty on a £1500 declared value into the UK. That can be substantial!
UK is not member of EU anymore - how does that effect UK?

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #25,265 of 25,990
UK is not member of EU anymore - how does that effect UK?
Any item (even second hand items bought privately) that now comes into the UK has both custom duty (approx. 3 to 5% depending on the item type) and UK VAT (20%) added to the cost of the item PLUS postage after it has been converted from the local currency where the item has come from to GBP (which is also a con as the GBP exchange rate over the last 3+ years has been abysmal especially against the US$ and Euro ! )

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #25,266 of 25,990
I shipped the faulty one to hifiman in the uk where I live. No sure about import duty. There better not be any or I will be pissed.
I got caught out when UK got china to send a replacement. You would be best served being dead clear that you want china to ship to UK then UK depot to pass onto you!!

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #25,267 of 25,990
Im about to pull the plug on a tube amp for susvara, to get a different sound than my moon 430ha. I’m going for cayin ha300b instead of envy which is double the price, change my mind.. Go

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #25,268 of 25,990
Im about to pull the plug on a tube amp for susvara, to get a different sound than my moon 430ha. I’m going for cayin ha300b instead of envy which is double the price, change my mind.. Go
Trafomatic Primavera or Aries Cerat Genus or Hifiman EF1000....take your pick !

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #25,270 of 25,990

Lots of options out there. Pentodes strapped as SET, 300B, 2A3, 845, pick your poison

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #25,271 of 25,990
If your source is not on a high level. Go there first.-.- and if your local dealer recommends you upgrade your network, best advice.

The only Apple that will be good enough is Mac mini and teradak solution. Your iMac is the weak link. You will not experience the music at justice no matter what you buy

There are two source: One from WAN and the one you play at home, the D/A chain.

Weak sources will lead you to waste money in circles

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #25,272 of 25,990
I
If your source is not on a high level. Go there first.-.- and if your local dealer recommends you upgrade your network, best advice.

The only Apple that will be good enough is Mac mini and teradak solution. Your iMac is the weak link. You will not experience the music at justice no matter what you buy

There are two source: Network and D/A chain.
I have tried streamers (from bluesound and up to auralic 8000$) and compared to the iMac with Roon. 0 difference, also tried audiophile switches, melco etc. High end Ethernet cable, and filters for Ethernet, linear psu for router, 0 difference to my ears.

Have you compared iMac 5k to Mac mini? As Roon source? What is the difference in sound output?

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #25,273 of 25,990
I

I have tried streamers (from bluesound and up to auralic 8000$) and compared to the iMac with Roon. 0 difference, also tried audiophile switches, melco etc. High end Ethernet cable, and filters for Ethernet, linear psu for router, 0 difference to my ears.

Have you compared iMac 5k to Mac mini? As Roon source? What is the difference in sound output?
Something is wrong with your setup. Bluesound + LHY PSU will mob the floor with iMac. However if Auralic even can not better it, I am afraid to recommend anything.

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #25,274 of 25,990
My Norne Vykari cable is here. :) The clear-sleeved version that I ordered was out of stock, so Trevor was kind enough to offer to build a sleeved version to my specs and allow me the option to swap it for the new "v2" clear-sleeved version as soon as it's available if I choose to. He even threw in a mysterious "RnD demo" cable for me to play with in the meantime. :) I don't put a lot of stock in sonic differences between cables, but I *DO* put a lot of stock in maximizing every piece of my hifi from the wall to my ears, and there was no way I was going to settle for the famously terrible Hifiman stock cable for my TOTL planar. :wink:

My first impression is that maybe I hear a little more weight to the sound (specifically the background sounds?) vs the stock hifiman cable, but I'll need more time to consider what I really hear vs what I think I want to hear. :wink: Either way, I'm quite happy with the look & feel of this Norne cable. :D

20240409_182346.jpg

20240409_182425.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #25,275 of 25,990
My Norne Vykari cable is here. :) The clear-sleeved version that I ordered was out of stock, so Trevor was kind enough to offer to build a sleeved version to my specs and allow me the option to swap it for the new "v2" clear-sleeved version as soon as it's available if I choose to. He even threw in a mysterious "RnD demo" cable for me to play with in the meantime. :) I don't put a lot of stock in sonic differences between cables, but I *DO* put a lot of stock in maximizing every piece of my hifi from the wall to my ears, and this cable is gorgeous either way.

My first impression is that maybe I hear a little more weight to the sound (specifically the background sounds?) vs the stock hifiman cable, but I'll need more time to consider what I really hear vs what I think I want to hear. :wink: Either way, I'm quite happy with the look & feel of this Norne cable. :D

20240409_182346.jpg
20240409_182425.jpg
trevors cables are awesome, but I am a bit biased :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back