HiFiMan Susvara
Dec 12, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #22,757 of 26,664
I have sold one.

Wasn’t listening to it much.

But at the same time, there is something comforting about having a Susvara in the stable. My collection was feeling incomplete without it lol.

So getting one back. Will try to pad roll, cable roll, and use HQ Player with the May, to see if I can add some life to the Sus.
So were you ever able to add some life into your susvara with those changes?

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #22,758 of 26,664
I joined the SUSVARA party. Wow, that's amazing! I can't help but listen to it endlessly. I end up choosing other headphones less.
I want to sell either Utopia 2022 or DCA Stealth to fund the purchase of a DAC/amp for SUSVARA, so I'm currently in the middle of a shootout. Utopia 2022 is for enjoying music, DCA Stealth is used to accurately understand music, but I'm wondering how I can make choices without regrets.

Dec 12, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #22,759 of 26,664
i see that you have a cma fifteen. have you been using it with your susvara? i know of one reviewer who was impressed with the pairing.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #22,760 of 26,664
i see that you have a cma fifteen. have you been using it with your susvara? i know of one reviewer who was impressed with the pairing.
Yes, I listen SUSVARA with the CMA Fifteen. Pretty good. I've heard it with the Cayin HA-300 MK2, but it was on a higher level.

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #22,761 of 26,664
I joined the SUSVARA party. Wow, that's amazing! I can't help but listen to it endlessly. I end up choosing other headphones less.
I want to sell either Utopia 2022 or DCA Stealth to fund the purchase of a DAC/amp for SUSVARA, so I'm currently in the middle of a shootout. Utopia 2022 is for enjoying music, DCA Stealth is used to accurately understand music, but I'm wondering how I can make choices without regrets.

Upgrade to the Feliks Envy and make susvara sound like a large concert hall :)

Dec 12, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #22,762 of 26,664
Upgrade to the Feliks Envy and make susvara sound like a large concert hall :)
That's my dream! I'm considering Feliks Audio Envy, Woo Audio WA23 Luna, HeadAmp CFA3. If it's a used item, I would also consider the Riviera AIC10.

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #22,765 of 26,664
I just received a new pair of Susvara's as a replacement(since my previous pair had "planar crinkle") and the low end that the Enleum provides the Susvara is still as epic as ever.
Lucky you, I received a refurbished pair as a replacement and it's in a bad shape compared to the one I sent. Currently arguing to have a new one or my I sent original repaired.

EDIT : Hifiman is going to solve this issue. Arguing is a strong word, I was just me sending pictures of the unit I received to make the case. HIFIMAN still best RMA for me

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 3:35 AM Post #22,766 of 26,664
I own both, Utopia is a brilliant "fun" counterpart to Sus when you need a bit less laid back sound and more excitement. DCA Stealth for me is in some areas better than Sus even, and with the added utility of being closed back for when things are noisy.
I have all three here but if I'd have to sell one it'd be the Utopia.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #22,768 of 26,664
I just received a new pair of Susvara's as a replacement(since my previous pair had "planar crinkle") and the low end that the Enleum provides the Susvara is still as epic as ever.
What is planar crinkle?

The gold is not evenly flat?
0B0CCB5B-F63E-437C-94A3-AE016C4AD26A.jpeg

This is perfectly normal. I would not sent my Susvara back for this reason. Getting another used Susvara from somebody else feels like cheating. They have to sent me a brand new, if mine needed to be warrantied!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #22,769 of 26,664
What is planar crinkle?

This is perfectly normal. I would not sent my Susvara back for this reason. Getting another used Susvara from somebody else feels like cheating. They have to sent me a brand new, if mine needed to be warrantied!
Hifiman either replace your susvara with a Open Box or a New One. I received a refurbished because of an internal error. I just received an email and they are doing the necessary. Hifiman is very responsive and is the best repaired experience I had in year even with the error. I had Audeze that was handled by the dealer, it was okey-ish. And Final Audio is the worse. You send the headphone and they ghost you after that ^^

Dec 12, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #22,770 of 26,664
What is planar crinkle?

Planar crinkle is when the a seal forms around the ear cups and when you take them off your head, the change in air pressure flexes the driver making a loud screeching sound. It happens when both earcups form a seal while on a headphone stand as well.

The previous unit I had did have wrinkles in the gold which didn't bother me, but fortunately the new unit I received has perfectly flat and unwrinkled gold foil around the drivers. The new unit I received also makes zero noise around the swivel and joints. The previous unit was very quiet as well, but not as quiet as the replacement. The new one I received even had a quality control tag where the cables were located, which my first pair did not. The QC tag indicated that it was from the August batch of this year. It looks to me that the cables from the August batch has slightly more reinforcement near the headphone termination side to prevent excessive bending.

The replacement is an overall success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back