HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 26, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #22,501 of 25,611
You need to understand the Envy has a distinct profile that can be mitigated with tube rolling.
For Susvara, the Envy or HA-300 wouldn't be my first choice.

Primavera is the best amp I've heard to date across things like DIY T2, Stellaris, Studio T or other integrated amps especially when considering planar drive.

However, ultimately, I'd be evaluating the entire chain, considering what I want preference wise, and what you want improved in the Susvara.
what do you mean by "distinct profile" out of curiosity ?

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #22,502 of 25,611
what do you mean by "distinct profile" out of curiosity ?
It's a 300B amp through and through with meat, density, roll and bloat.

Minimum requirement is 4300E or Mo if we're looking for best Susvara synergy.

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #22,503 of 25,611
It's a 300B amp through and through with meat, density, roll and bloat.

Minimum requirement is 4300E or Mo if we're looking for best Susvara synergy.

Agreed. Or instead of spending multi kilo bucks for a 300B Mo every couple of years or so, you can get the Riviera AIC-10 and only replace one input tube every couple of years.

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #22,504 of 25,611
Havent heard the Primavera but as far as the Envy and the Riviera, they are in different leagues. Dont get me wrong the Envy is an amazing amp and for many it would be endgame with the Susvara. But once you hear the Riviera tere's no comparison. Plus it can drive both HPs and (some) speakers, it only has one small tube to worry about etc. The AIC10 is, for me, the best amp for the Susvara (that I've heard at least). As it should be given the price...
👍 it’s really hard to find one on the market. I will try it someday

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #22,505 of 25,611
Agreed. Or instead of spending multi kilo bucks for a 300B Mo every couple of years or so, you can get the Riviera AIC-10 and only replace one input tube every couple of years.
*snigger* thats me lol ... I love my "MO's" lol. Its a fools errand really.

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #22,506 of 25,611
*snigger* thats me lol ... I love my "MO's" lol. Its a fools errand really.

That's true dedication for that maxing out that 300B sound :)

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #22,507 of 25,611
I'd definitely prefer to go down something like Elrog Mo > TM with considerations of accompanied 45 > 300B to the DAC than opting for the AIC.
If you only wanted the convenience then the considerations would shift.

I am going to cult the additions of 300B DACs to reach the next revelation stage.

Oct 26, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #22,508 of 25,611
I am going to cult the additions of 300B DACs to reach the next revelation stage.
There is so much personal preference in where you end up.
I’m currently enraptured by the large DHT’s, the Egoista 845 with Elrog 845’s was something of a revelation to me in stage and macro dynamics (though it wasn’t something that sold me with the stock tubes).
I have a Lampizator Pacific, and 300B’s were among my least favorite tubes in it, too much midrange meat and loss of incitefulness for me, though the stage was larger than the 242’s I ended up with, PX25’s were a really nice middle ground, I know a lot of owners like.
But as has been pointed out a lot depends on synergy, if my amp was SS I might prefer the PX25’s or 300B’s or T100’s . I’d argue it’s really about what you are trying to achieve overall.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #22,509 of 25,611
There is so much personal preference in where you end up.
I’m currently enraptured by the large DHT’s, the Egoista 845 with Elrog 845’s was something of a revelation to me in stage and macro dynamics (though it wasn’t something that sold me with the stock tubes).
I have a Lampizator Pacific, and 300B’s were among my least favorite tubes in it, too much midrange meat and loss of incitefulness for me, though the stage was larger than the 242’s I ended up with, PX25’s were a really nice middle ground, I know a lot of owners like.
But as has been pointed out a lot depends on synergy, if my amp was SS I might prefer the PX25’s or 300B’s or T100’s . I’d argue it’s really about what you are trying to achieve overall.
There is definitely a lot of nuance to set the stage.

Oct 26, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #22,510 of 25,611
How good is cfa3 compared to some other options for susvara? I have a Niimbus Right now and the detail/clarity is the best I've ever heard but I'm curious about wa33ee. I have a headamp cfa3 preordered as well. I want to try more gear before determining what I want to settle with for the next year or so.

A lot of talk about 10k+ amps but those are out of my range for the time being and I really question what can make them so expensive. I could reach for wa33ee used if I sold some gear.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #22,511 of 25,611
How good is cfa3 compared to some other options for susvara? I have a Niimbus Right now and the detail/clarity is the best I've ever heard but I'm curious about wa33ee. I have a headamp cfa3 preordered as well. I want to try more gear before determining what I want to settle with for the next year or so.

A lot of talk about 10k+ amps but those are out of my range for the time being and I really question what can make them so expensive. I could reach for wa33ee used if I sold some gear.
CFA3 is meant to be one of the best at reasonable cost so i believe. I went down the road of Holo May L2 -> Cayin 300b (Elrog MO's, Mullard CV6/RCA C2CC GreyPLate 22DE4 -> Susvara. Im happy where i am. What tubes do for vocals and holographic soundstage is just something else.

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #22,513 of 25,611

I have the WA33 EE JPS and the CFA3 (with a 300B preamp). The WA33 is better. The CFA3 is great for the price though. You get like 70% of the WA33 sound for 20% of the price. But if you want the best, the WA33 EE is the way to go.

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #22,514 of 25,611

I have the WA33 EE JPS and the CFA3 (with a 300B preamp). The WA33 is better. The CFA3 is great for the price though. You get like 70% of the WA33 sound for 20% of the price. But if you want the best, the WA33 EE is the way to go.
If I may add, system matching and music genre also play an important role. On my system, the CFA3 & Primavera (both with 300B pre in front & jazz + classical as my main genre) sound sublime. I don't feel that one is better than the other, they're just giving a different flavor & presentation.

Oct 26, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #22,515 of 25,611
My Setup:

PLiXiR Statement BDC Dual Linear Power Supply 15V/6A/DC 2.5 with DH Labs Corona - Chord M-Scaler -> Wave High Fidelity Storm Reference Oyaide Dual BNC Cables -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Danacable Sapphire Reference Mk.2 RCA Interconnect Cables -> Riviera AIC-10 with Telefunken G73-R Black Coated NOS Tubes & DH Labs Red Wave -> Danacable Lazuli Nirvana Adapter with Spades -> Danacable Lazuli Nirvana -> Hifiman Susvara

My favorite genres are Jazz, Clasical, blues and Neo Soul. It sounds heavenly. I get lost in the music. Sometimes I also use my Bel Canto 300s for full solid state and it is wonderful also. Can’t wait till my Zahl HM-1 arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back