HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 30, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #22,006 of 25,657
I forgot I had Silver dragon cables with 3.5mm headphone termination from my Stellia's. Tried them on the Susvara, and the cloth cable that comes with the Susvara was far better, more open, more spacious, and more natural. The silver dragon focused on the mid range more but at the cost of everything else. Sort of tunnel visioned the mids, the only way I can explain it. I'm very impressed at the stock cables that come with the Susvara, say what you want about the sheathe, they used good materials for the conductors. For it to beat some after market cables this handily speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #22,007 of 25,657
Of all the amps I’ve owned the Woo WA33 Elite is my favorite with the Susvara but I realize that is not for everyone. The Feliks Envy with upgraded tubes would be next. It’s definitely not the Oor or the HM1. The Bliss is pretty good and would be my choice for under $5k.

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #22,008 of 25,657
I think I'm starting to like the Susvara on low gain on the 23r. Weird. High gain is more fatiguing. I guess I need to re-evaluate these on low gain, and I'll get back to you guys.
Low gain always wins for me, on each and every amp I have tried. Its just more relaxed and balanced/involving in sound.

Which Enleum do you have? mk1 or mk2

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #22,009 of 25,657
Of all the amps I’ve owned the Woo WA33 Elite is my favorite with the Susvara but I realize that is not for everyone. The Feliks Envy with upgraded tubes would be next. It’s definitely not the Oor or the HM1. The Bliss is pretty good and would be my choice for under $5k.
What differences do you hear between the WA33 Elite and the HM1?

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #22,010 of 25,657
For around 1k I would consider a used Schiit Ragnarok 2. It is what I’m currently using with my Susvara. However the WA33 was my favorite.
The Ragnarok is a speaker amp that puts full power to the XLR headphone jack. Plenty of power and dead silent even with more sensitive headphones.

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #22,011 of 25,657
No mention of Hifiman Serenade/Prelude yet in this thread.

I guess they are hinting something with the Susvara next to it and 10W/32OHm

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #22,012 of 25,657
I forgot I had Silver dragon cables with 3.5mm headphone termination from my Stellia's. Tried them on the Susvara, and the cloth cable that comes with the Susvara was far better, more open, more spacious, and more natural. The silver dragon focused on the mid range more but at the cost of everything else. Sort of tunnel visioned the mids, the only way I can explain it. I'm very impressed at the stock cables that come with the Susvara, say what you want about the sheathe, they used good materials for the conductors. For it to beat some after market cables this handily speaks volumes.

They suggest the Black Dragon Cable for the Susvara. You would have a better result. But I can’t recommend enough the DanaCable Lazuli Nirvana, Lazuli Ultra or the Lazuli Rhapsody for the Susvara. These Hybrid cables get the most out of them. The Nirvana is just mind blowing.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #22,014 of 25,657
Jul 30, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #22,015 of 25,657
What differences do you hear between the WA33 Elite and the HM1?
In my setup the sub bass with the WA33 is more pronounced and the amp is more holographic. Last and not least is that on some recordings I listen to the HM1 can’t get loud enough with the Susvara even with a hot signal from my dacs.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #22,016 of 25,657
They suggest the Black Dragon Cable for the Susvara. You would have a better result. But I can’t recommend enough the DanaCable Lazuli Nirvana, Lazuli Ultra or the Lazuli Rhapsody for the Susvara. These Hybrid cables get the most out of them. The Nirvana is just mind blowing.
Yeah, I'm thinking about the Nirvana and Chimera cables.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #22,018 of 25,657
Low gain always wins for me, on each and every amp I have tried. Its just more relaxed and balanced/involving in sound.

Which Enleum do you have? mk1 or mk2
I'm assuming MK2, because it came with the feet, different speaker posts, and metal remote? But not sure.
The Susvara is growing on me though. I have it back to high gain but lowered the volume. That sub bass is something else.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #22,019 of 25,657
Jul 30, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #22,020 of 25,657
In my setup the sub bass with the WA33 is more pronounced and the amp is more holographic. Last and not least is that on some recordings I listen to the HM1 can’t get loud enough with the Susvara even with a hot signal from my dacs.
I also want to add the WA33 Elite also sounds more spacious in presentation, wider soundstage and better separation around instruments compared to the HM1. (even with the HM1 soundstage knob set to max)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back