HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 22, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #21,812 of 25,658
I like the Ca-1A a lot also. Susvara still King. But the Ca-1A is very complementary. I really thing I don’t have to dive in to the world of EStats since getting the CA-1A

having the sr1b, ca1a, and vm1a is port much the main reason i have held back on revisiting the susvara or delving into estats. i have been tempted so many times to buy another susvara.. and i even contemplated trying the wa7e + CRBN.

Jul 23, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #21,813 of 25,658
Im only 3-4 days in of burnin of the HE400SE, and Im trying to get out of the honeymoon experience. Trying to be objective but I can´t. Anybody who knows how Susvara sound should own these. PERIOD!

Im literally still blown away, even though it misses some in the frequency(most lowend), but its not about that. The soft delicate texture feel of Susvara is like boosted on these and its addictive!

The vocals are so real to me that it triggers my instinct.

Every headphone has a "veil", we hear them differently, I think with heaphone, it comes down to finding the perfect "veil" that suits the individual ear.

After my experience with HE400SE, Sundaras should just get out of the way.

I don´t hear a baby Sundara. I hear a baby Susvara

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #21,814 of 25,658
Im only 3-4 days in of burnin of the HE400SE, and Im trying to get out of the honeymoon experience. Trying to be objective but I can´t. Anybody who knows how Susvara sound should own these. PERIOD!

Im literally still blown away, even though it misses some in the frequency(most lowend), but its not about that. The soft delicate texture feel of Susvara is like boosted on these and its addictive!

The vocals are so real to me that it triggers my instinct.

Every headphone has a "veil", we hear them differently, I think with heaphone, it comes down to finding the perfect "veil" that suits the individual ear.

After my experience with HE400SE, Sundaras should just get out of the way.

I don´t hear a baby Sundara. I hear a baby Susvara
If you are hearing a £100 headphone sound this good, then i question what you are driving the Susvara with. If you are underdriving the susvara, then im not surprised this makes perfect sense as they are a pig to drive as they need.

Jul 23, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #21,815 of 25,658
If you are hearing a £100 headphone sound this good, then i question what you are driving the Susvara with. If you are underdriving the susvara, then im not surprised this makes perfect sense as they are a pig to drive as they need.
I have tried Susvara with more expensive systems and amps(Viva Egoista and MSB Headamp premier and Enleum)
-No question Susvara is better, but the panels on these HE400SE headphones feels soo elastic

Both Sundara and HE400SE is upclose but the HE400SE does it better in every which way for me. The layering on HE400SE is surprising even though the soundstage is a little smaller than Sundara.

I thought Arya V2 was my best headphone ever. HE400SE took the place for me. I am not too excited for my Arya Organic order now.

Even though Susvara wins on the technical things, it never managed, getting me close to crying(but with Viva Egoista it did a little) like HE400SE. Im using a cheap dac Earman TR-AMP, which I actually think only justifies them 50-75%. Will try them on the bigger desktop system when I have the time...

Susvara is too good, I get lost in the endless soundstage. I can only listen to them for 3-4 hours a week.

Comparing the expensive systems to my HE9LE Im not far away, Viva Egoista did lighten up elements/instruments more and feels very different(more visible soundstage)

If I could afford the Viva Egoista I would get with a tube rolling setup. The charming sound made it all visible and cosy.

EDIT: Susvara has no flaws, its a safe sound, they are too perfect.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #21,817 of 25,658
i am using the Susvara with that Feliks Audio Envy Performance Edition with Full Music Tubes and it sounds amazing i never get so much goosebumps listening to music 🙌🏼
Im also interesting in testing that amp for sure! But Im going to try the enleum one more time first. Walnut version looks sweet though of the Feliks.

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #21,819 of 25,658
The DACs that i have in mind are Holo May KTE, Rokna Wavedream Signature XLR Balanced, MSB Discrete, and for Tube, id like to go with Elrog ER300B-MO, i test the Hugo TT2 i didnt like it, it to analitical and didnt sound natural and overly detailed. I am looking for realistic, holografic and deep in soundstage and seperation. I read that the Holo May is good in that. Dont now the the Rockna or MSB Discrete compares to the May KTE, is the price upgrade worth it?

I used my Cambridge EDGE NQ DAC as DAC it has a 6.6v XLR output, i was not able to go 3 above at the Envys volume, 4 was to loud and 5 starts disort already. After Turning the Preamp on the EDGE NQ on, i had to use 2 volume controls but the sound is amazing now, can listen loud without exploding my ears.

I have concern that i will have the same problem with the Holo May KTE since the May is DAC only without Preamp and have to get the Holo Serene Preamp and its already 10k. I can get the Rockna Wavedream Signature XLR Balanced Edition for 10k too.

Would love to hear your opinions and experices, thanks
I belive Wavedream Signature shoud be better than holo may....and aloso at same price category i would consider Aqua Formula, Mola Mola Tambaqui and dcs Lina....

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #21,820 of 25,658
Jul 23, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #21,821 of 25,658
Im also interesting in testing that amp for sure! But Im going to try the enleum one more time first. Walnut version looks sweet though of the Feliks.
Tubes are doing magic never thought of it, my first Tube Amp, i really can recommend the Feliks Envy in combination with the Susvara. Used SS Amp before it’s ambig step up 🙌🏼

Jul 23, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #21,822 of 25,658
Tubes are doing magic never thought of it, my first Tube Amp, i really can recommend the Feliks Envy in combination with the Susvara. Used SS Amp before it’s ambig step up 🙌🏼
Have you ever compared the Envy to a Bliss with the Susvara?

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #21,823 of 25,658
I have tried Susvara with more expensive systems and amps(Viva Egoista and MSB Headamp premier and Enleum)
-No question Susvara is better, but the panels on these HE400SE headphones feels soo elastic

Both Sundara and HE400SE is upclose but the HE400SE does it better in every which way for me. The layering on HE400SE is surprising even though the soundstage is a little smaller than Sundara.

I thought Arya V2 was my best headphone ever. HE400SE took the place for me. I am not too excited for my Arya Organic order now.

Even though Susvara wins on the technical things, it never managed, getting me close to crying(but with Viva Egoista it did a little) like HE400SE. Im using a cheap dac Earman TR-AMP, which I actually think only justifies them 50-75%. Will try them on the bigger desktop system when I have the time...

Susvara is too good, I get lost in the endless soundstage. I can only listen to them for 3-4 hours a week.

Comparing the expensive systems to my HE9LE Im not far away, Viva Egoista did lighten up elements/instruments more and feels very different(more visible soundstage)

If I could afford the Viva Egoista I would get with a tube rolling setup. The charming sound made it all visible and cosy.

EDIT: Susvara has no flaws, its a safe sound, they are too perfect.
Really interesting and thank you for that! You've had quite some gear so i have to trust your ears! I'll keep that in mind for some cheapies How does the bass compare? Going back to any dynamic driver makes a much more bouncy experience with real pressure on your ears... susvara doesnt quite do that for me and i miss it. The Sony MDR-Z1r were something else for pep and drive :) When i have the money i think i might buy a set for "wife firendly" moments and sheer outright bass assault.

Jul 23, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #21,824 of 25,658
Really interesting and thank you for that! You've had quite some gear so i have to trust your ears! I'll keep that in mind for some cheapies How does the bass compare? Going back to any dynamic driver makes a much more bouncy experience with real pressure on your ears... susvara doesnt quite do that for me and i miss it. The Sony MDR-Z1r were something else for pep and drive :) When i have the money i think i might buy a set for "wife firendly" moments and sheer outright bass assault.
Thanks! :) I do/did not own the Egoista and MSB. I was at a session for 1 hour. When I heard the Egoista the first thing I literally said out loud in the room was. "Why do people say Susvara needs lowend/Bass!"

The soundstage felt different its hard to explain but I was moved. Im not taking anything away from the MSB because I was more curious towards the Egoista after trying it first, I did not get a really good impression of the MSB, somehow it did NOT feel settled/burnin. Im gonna try it again, with another cable setup. Siltech was a good fit with Egoista. Im excited to try MSB again with another cable setup...

----

All I can say yes the HE400SE needs more information in the lowend, but Im in love with how it manages to follow the music with layering and the soft touch of Susvara.

So far this is the SONNOX OXFORD EQ curve on the DSP card UAD-2 Solo. Experimenting on the lowend the most.....there is something between 80-272Hz that keeps me playing. All I can say is Im ordering one more! Im fine with the headband beind a little heavy the sound is worth it!

1690151045009.png

___

Its better than I imagined

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #21,825 of 25,658
Sad. Our new cat, dropped my Susvara a month ago. Looked in perfect condition and works flawlessly. Today I noticed the outside metal housing as a small scratch/gash. I like my things immaculate so the blemish is magnified in my eyes haha. Oh well. I should be used to having my things damaged by having kids. Why can't i achieve perfection! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back