HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #21,766 of 25,658
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #21,767 of 25,658
I think experiences with susvara are entirely subjective. The key is to be honest with yourself in what you hear and be open to trying other source chains with regards to susvara. For example, the only amplifiers I have enjoyed susvara with are holo bliss, wa33, Cayin ha-300b mk2 and benchmark ahb2. I have tried the ferrum stack, zahl hm1, formula s, cayin ha-300b, ha-6a, iha-6, Bryston bha-1, Wells audio milo, lta z10e and found all of them to be unsatisfactory. It very well could be a non synergistic dac that is causing the issue but I have tried to remedy that by using mostly the same dac or similar sounding ones.

Clearly, for me, it's not a matter of pure wattage and there's no method to my madness other than my own ears. So, just be open and try not to impinge your views on whether you can measure your satisfaction with amplifiers for susvara; you can't.

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #21,769 of 25,658
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #21,770 of 25,658
Been spending the week with the SAEQ PDA-1b with various HPs, including the CA-1a. the PDA-1b is certainly something which one should give a listen to with the Susvara. If there is any opportunity to. The PDA-1b drives the Susvara effortlessly. :)
Could you please share some thoughts on differences between PDA-1b and Hyperion GE particularly driving Susvara

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #21,772 of 25,658
I just acquired a (just slightly) used Susvara. I'm still evaluating whether or not I think it's a big enough improvement over the HE6 to justify the expense... I'm sure I can sell it if I can't justify it.

(Source is Bifrost 2/64 and Rega P6/Aria through Ragnarok 2)

Sounds wonderful, a little wider than the HE6, a little smoother, sweeter. Need to spend more time to really wrap my head around the improvements.

When it comes to storage, is the consensus that it's better to hang from the metal strap that the leather headband? Or do people find that with a sufficiently wide stand, the Susvara can hang on the leather strap without deforming it over time? I want to keep it pristine in case I do decide to resell, but not to the point that I feel the need to seal it in a bag or case when I'm not using it.

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #21,773 of 25,658
I just acquired a (just slightly) used Susvara. I'm still evaluating whether or not I think it's a big enough improvement over the HE6 to justify the expense... I'm sure I can sell it if I can't justify it.

(Source is Bifrost 2/64 and Rega P6/Aria through Ragnarok 2)

Sounds wonderful, a little wider than the HE6, a little smoother, sweeter. Need to spend more time to really wrap my head around the improvements.

When it comes to storage, is the consensus that it's better to hang from the metal strap that the leather headband? Or do people find that with a sufficiently wide stand, the Susvara can hang on the leather strap without deforming it over time? I want to keep it pristine in case I do decide to resell, but not to the point that I feel the need to seal it in a bag or case when I'm not using it.
I hang mine from the metal band.
If not, I would lay mine down on something soft before I hung it from the leather strap.

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #21,774 of 25,658
Female vocals are sublime on the Susvara!!

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #21,775 of 25,658
Female vocals are sublime on the Susvara!!
Pigs farting also sound sublime on the Susvara, with a wonderful sense of presence and realism, ambiance and air around the anal outbursts, a sweet tone, quick attack, perfect sibilants, etc. No other HP's give you the sense of actually being "there", at the rear end of the animals.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #21,776 of 25,658
Pigs farting also sound sublime on the Susvara, with a wonderful sense of presence and realism, , ambiance and air around the anal outbursts, a sweet tone, quick attack, perfect sibilants, etc.
Must be the DSD512 recording of pig farts. Now can we go back to enjoying our headphones?

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #21,777 of 25,658
Pigs farting also sound sublime on the Susvara, with a wonderful sense of presence and realism, ambiance and air around the anal outbursts, a sweet tone, quick attack, perfect sibilants, etc. No other HP's give you the sense of actually being "there", at the rear end of the animals.
glad you are making good use of the susvara

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #21,778 of 25,658
Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #21,779 of 25,658
Since my Envy is out of action I have been listening directly from the Bartok Headphone Out. I am actually surprised how good it sounds even from that.

I've not heard pigs fart on it but I believe there is a New Kids On the Block or maybe Wet Wet Wet (if memory serves) song where there is a real burp at the start. You may wish to seek it out.

Female vocals are indeed lovely on the Susvara but for me it's the strike of a piano key that just doesn't sound quite as real on any other Headphone I have tried.

They really are excellent 👏

Jul 15, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #21,780 of 25,658
I've spent almost a week with the Lavri Grand 8 core silver headphone cable and I don't want to sound too cliche here but the proverbial veil has been lifted. My Susvara sound like they just took some steroids.
I'm not saying there's not better cable out there, I'm just saying I'm hearing very subtle, minute nuances in very familiar recordings that I simply never heard before. I'm getting such a faster sense of attack and a longer decay when needed. The tone is simply the most natural thing I've heard and goes completely against the reputation that some silver cables may bring. I'm so immersed into a deeper three-dimensional presentation that it just doesn't seem real.
I did not think this cable would make that much of a difference but it really took my Susvara to another level of realism.
I urge anyone on the fence about getting this cable to give it a shot. I'm simply floored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back