HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 30, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #20,672 of 25,990
Even the zahl wich is supposed to be king with the susvaras, have much lower Numbers than 430ha and Bliss.
@Torq gwfe you thorough detailed explansations to these posts over on the hp.commmss forums already. If you are happy with the Moon then enjoy it, many members have said there are newer amps/tech with better synergy for the Susvara that bring more out of them.

Numbers are fun but listening to music is more fun to me.

Mar 30, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #20,674 of 25,990
The 13R and 23R are very high priced for what you get.

For the audience here it might look that way, but both these amps are for high sensitivity speakers and supposedly very competent at that.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 30, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #20,677 of 25,990
the bakoon 13r does 25/8 and it drives the susvara beautifully

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #20,679 of 25,990
No pun intended. Susvara is a mature/laidback sound, it´s not an allrounder for me, I like certain songs on it, like when Im hangover, coffee in the morning, where I need something relaxing and authentic, its a weekend thing for me. You can compare it to Arya which is very energetic and fast responding, like a party. It all depends on the music, Susvara is not for everybody. I won´t recommend Susvara for fast pace music EDM or that type. It is too laidback character, and it is not related to amp, current or whatever. Most people here search for that "fast thing" in Susvara, which actually cheaper headphones got, and Susvara DON´T. In the start I was thinking the term was "dull" sounding but I finally got to know Susvara, its the master of slow authentic music, laidback sound. The details of slow pace tracks is goosebumps on Susvara, the amount of information is another dimension compared to Arya. But on the other end, fast pace music is where Arya shines. Its just what it is sometimes.

Try it and see for yourself's

For me the sweetspot for Susvara is a very balanced/leveled dac, where all the information is edible to the ear without distractions on very low comfortable volume level, I am not kidding sometimes I am at 25/100 volume and I think to myself, wow! the amount of information in the songs. But then I figured it out, susvara is meant to play these types of tracks imo, slow pace music. Chill music, happy music. coffee jazz kinda genres also. guitars, authentic.

On Arya I don´t like slow pace, it has be something that keeps pushing the headphones, specially in the mids which Chord TT2 does very wide and beautiful. I can not listen to relaxing songs on it, because its character to me is formless, energetic. With slow songs its like I can hear the songs are too slow for its character. The same thing I feel about Susvara, slow is magic.

Pairing is key ofcourse but the headphone is what it is. The better the pairing the better the character is emphasized.
Interesting how our experience can differ, different ears... right. :)) Arya v2 cant match Susvara in dynamics or punch (they are in another league), these HP have very different presentation due its FR tuning and design. But I've brand new Arya Stealth magnet version recently at home and I was really surprised how close it is to Susvara in dynamic and punch, very close! Arya powered from LG V30 and Susvara from maxed CFA3. Booth volume matched. FR tuning was very similar too, but there was a bit emphasis on bass and treble with Arya, like little V FR tuning for more fun. Susvara is more neutral and I like it :)

signal-2023-03-20-131757_002.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #20,680 of 25,990
Interesting how our experience can differ, different ears... right. :)) Arya V2 cant match Susvara in dynamics or punch (they are in another league), these HP have very different presentation due its FR tuning and design. But I've brand new Arya Stealth magnet version recently at home and I was really surprised how close it is to Susvara in dynamic and punch, very close! Arya powered from LG V30 and Susvara from maxed CFA3. Booth volume matched. FR tuning was very similar too, but there was a bit emphasis on bass and treble with Arya, like little V FR tuning for more fun. Susvara is more neutral and I like it :)

Arya is the best headphone money can buy under many more dollars than its retail price!!!

Im ordering the Stealth as soon as funds tells me ok

AryaV2 wins over Susvara many times in highest frequencies…everything else is preference

Michael jackson - dont stop till you get enough …. Is the evidence, pure facts

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #20,681 of 25,990
You mean Arya v2? How is it compared to stealth ?

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #20,682 of 25,990
I dont know Im gonna find out. I reserved one at my local dealer just now

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #20,683 of 25,990
yes, Arya v2. I had no direct comparison unf., left driver on my v2 died and HFM replaced my v2 with new Arya SM version.

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #20,684 of 25,990
Arya is the best headphone money can buy under many more dollars than its retail price!!!

Im ordering the Stealth as soon as funds tells me ok

AryaV2 wins over Susvara many times in highest frequencies…everything else is preference

Michael jackson - dont stop till you get enough …. Is the evidence, pure facts
yes, Arya v2 is a bit treble hot for me, I prefer Susvara without doubt.

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #20,685 of 25,990
yes, Arya v2 is a bit treble hot for me, I prefer Susvara without doubt.
pleas try Arya on TT2 if you have the opportunity.

It is the best pairing I have found out of many dacs.

TT2 just opens up the “lost” mids of this headphone.

TT2 does not har the harsh high, its like crystal clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back