HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 15, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #11,191 of 25,658
There is a ton of good speaker amps within your budget. Check out Naim Super Nait 3. Very dynamic signature. Complements the Sus appropriately.

It’s around 4K IIRC.
Just wanted to say I really enjoy your YT channel and your Facebook Group posts. Would love for you to get a high quality Mic for your videos. Thanks for steering me to the Sus and the incoming 1266TC I have enroute. Also in regards to your Naim comment I was wondering if anyone has run these off of a Uniti Atom (not the HE but the OG Naim Atom) it is 40W and might be the perfect AIO for the SUS!

I will, going to send it out for review through my friend Sumeet at some point also! The cables are Norne Audio 5 ft custom hybrid I bought for the Focal Utopia but work great for these so far.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #11,192 of 25,658
Just wanted to say I really enjoy your YT channel and your Facebook Group posts. Would love for you to get a high quality Mic for your videos. Thanks for steering me to the Sus and the incoming 1266TC I have enroute. Also in regards to your Naim comment I was wondering if anyone has run these off of a Uniti Atom (not the HE but the OG Naim Atom) it is 40W and might be the perfect AIO for the SUS!

I will, going to send it out for review through my friend Sumeet at some point also!
Thanks man. Glad to be of help.

I am so stumped when it comes to mics. I am sort of a reluctant YT reviewer, goaded on by friends, lol.

I do need to get a better mic. Would love some recommendations, tbh.

And by Sumeet, you mean Sumeet of TX? I know him as well.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #11,193 of 25,658
I definitely could, and may do so down the line. The thing is that my system, as is, amazes and delights me every single time I listen to it. As much as I enjoy the technical aspects of this hobby, I love music itself 10x more. There are no obvious areas of weakness I'm looking to address at the moment. Meanwhile, I've got lots of other things I'd rather do with $15k, like traveling to some exotic locales. YMMV.
strangely there are several people that come onto an audiophile forum to tell the people here that they are nuts to buy and enjoy their gear

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #11,194 of 25,658
Thanks man. Glad to be of help.

I am so stumped when it comes to mics. I am sort of a reluctant YT reviewer, goaded on by friends, lol.

I do need to get a better mic. Would love some recommendations, tbh.

And by Sumeet, you mean Sumeet of TX? I know him as well.
Yes that Sumeet :L3000:, check out Casey‘s channel (Camera Conspiracies) he gives great real world suggestions on Vlogging setups with a heavy side of humor. He does his videos in about the same manner as yours from desk, but he uses an Sony SIII with a boom you can’t see but he points it out alot.

There are some good shotguns for the iPhone or Android Phones if you are using a phone for recording. I will Scroll through his video list and PM you any links that can help to save you from watching a ton of them so you can continue to pump out the great reviews.

I think you are a natural at it and I watch YT as much as most folks watch regular television here in the states.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #11,195 of 25,658
Yes that Sumeet :L3000:, check out Casey‘s channel (Camera Conspiracies) he gives great real world suggestions on Vlogging setups with a heavy side of humor. He does his videos in about the same manner as yours from desk, but he uses an Sony SIII with a boom you can’t see but he points it out alot.

There are some good shotguns for the iPhone or Android Phones if you are using a phone for recording. I will Scroll through his video list and PM you any links that can help to save you from watching a ton of them so you can continue to pump out the great reviews.

I think you are a natural at it and I watch YT as much as most folks watch regular television here in the states.
Would appreciate that greatly. 🙏🏻

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #11,196 of 25,658
Sep 15, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #11,197 of 25,658
strangely there are several people that come onto an audiophile forum to tell the people here that they are nuts to buy and enjoy their gear
Maybe you should chillax, dude. I was offering advice about digital bang for the buck to someone who had asked. That's entirely different than "coming onto an audiophile forum to tell people they are nuts to buy gear". Just because I have a different approach than many here doesn't mean my POV is entirely worthless. Or would you rather turn this into an echo chamber?

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #11,198 of 25,658
Sep 16, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #11,202 of 25,658
3.5mm version has waaay more subbass below 5hz and while the 2.5mm version goes up to 75khz the 3.5mm can only do 74,9khz which imo is quite dissapointing.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #11,204 of 25,658
As a former AHB2 and HPA4 owner, and current Pass X150.8 and AMP-13R owner, I can second this.
Of all the SS amps discussed is there one that unequivocally is the most transparent and best for treble sparkle, decay and sound stage. I don’t need visceral base just needs to be tight and controlled without bloat or in any way intrusive to the mids and high end. Using DAVE and upscaler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back