HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 5, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #7,906 of 26,399
I've spent a few weeks now going between the Abyss TC and the Susvara and based on what I'm hearing, the Susvara is more accurate in bass than the Abyss. The Abyss hits with more impact, but the accuracy of the bass is compromised on.

For a perfect demonstration, listen to the first track on Childish Gambino's "Awaken, My Love". On the first track, titled "Me and Your Mama", it starts off with a bass synth line that sounds amazing on both headphones, but then you get to about 1:35 in the track where the bass drops at least an octave and is now mostly sub bass. The dramatic drop in the bass is way more evident on the Susvara. With the Abyss, the initial bass synth already has so much impact that when it drops even lower, you don't notice the change as much, it doesn't hit much harder. In this scenario, the Susvara is conveying the bass more accurately, imo.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #7,907 of 26,399
I've spent a few weeks now going between the Abyss TC and the Susvara and based on what I'm hearing, the Susvara is more accurate in bass than the Abyss. The Abyss hits with more impact, but the accuracy of the bass is compromised on.

For a perfect demonstration, listen to the first track on Childish Gambino's "Awaken, My Love". On the first track, titled "Me and Your Mama", it starts off with a bass synth line that sounds amazing on both headphones, but then you get to about 1:35 in the track where the bass drops at least an octave and is now mostly sub bass. The dramatic drop in the bass is way more evident on the Susvara. With the Abyss, the initial bass synth already has so much impact that when it drops even lower, you don't notice the change as much, it doesn't hit much harder. In this scenario, the Susvara is conveying the bass more accurately, imo.
The Susvara does has better bass definition and layering. The TC's hit so hard and deep and really wows you with its impact and aggression. That's not what the Susvara's are trying to do. The Susvara's just has a different way of conveying music. All the subtleties and nuances in the music comes across a little bit better on the Susvara's to my ears.

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #7,908 of 26,399
The Susvara does has better bass definition and layering. The TC's hit so hard and deep and really wows you with its impact and aggression. That's not what the Susvara's are trying to do. The Susvara's just has a different way of conveying music. All the subtleties and nuances in the music comes across a little bit better on the Susvara's to my ears.
The background details, I guess which are more in the treble, come across with more clarity on the TC for me. But bass clarity goes to Susvara. I love them both and I'm extremely fortunate to be able to switch back and fourth as my mood changes.

Apr 6, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #7,912 of 26,399
Apr 6, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #7,917 of 26,399
No. You have to return it. I had the same issue with a unit I bought from a headfier. It was a brand new item. Fortunately the seller took it back immediately and contacted the original dealer. I cannot believe something this obvious would pass quality control. How does this happen?

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #7,918 of 26,399
No. You have to return it. I had the same issue with a unit I bought from a headfier. It was a brand new item. Fortunately the seller took it back immediately and contacted the original dealer. I cannot believe something this obvious would pass quality control. How does this happen?
yikes thats a no go Hifiman refused lol might need to re email them

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #7,919 of 26,399
yikes thats a no go Hifiman refused lol might need to re email them
Depends if it's new or not, I guess. But I cannot see this happenening over time to a well-functioning headband. So if this happens, it is most likely a production issue. (Like it was with my brand new unit.) Unless I'm missing something.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #7,920 of 26,399
Depends if it's new or not, I guess. But I cannot see this happenening over time to a well-functioning headband. So if this happens, it is most likely a production issue. (Like it was with my brand new unit.) Unless I'm missing something.
was open box from US , so was pretty much brand new in warranty but not authorised dealer so they got all weird with me , thinks it’s a production thing emailed them about servicing at least hopefully shame cause i love the headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back