HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #11,401 of 25,662
Got my Susvara in, listening now. Both the 300 Max Ti and surprisingly the N6ii Ti have just about enough juice to get these to the volume I would normally listen to. The N6ii Ti is maxed out and the Max has a little head room. Overall for me, I do find these a bit “bass light” which I was expecting anyways so I don’t really consider it a flaw. However, the tonal balance is on point, to where I think with maybe a warmer source can swing the tonality into the type of flavor I want.

I also hear a bit of sibiliance in the highs, on the track “Blame Myself” by Illenium, Tori Kelly’s voice definitely gets in that region for me. Is this mainly attributed due to them being under powered?
Yes the lack of power = underwhelming bass and sketchy treble

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #11,402 of 25,662
Yes the lack of power = underwhelming bass and sketchy treble

That’s what I figured, I’m not expecting bass quantity to scale up with better power but rather the quality?

Need to figure out what to do here, kinda stuck in a weird spot. I can invest in an amp but if it doesn’t “fix” what I want then I’d be stuck with a lot of gear haha. Decisions!

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #11,403 of 25,662
That’s what I figured, I’m not expecting bass quantity to scale up with better power but rather the quality?

Need to figure out what to do here, kinda stuck in a weird spot. I can invest in an amp but if it doesn’t “fix” what I want then I’d be stuck with a lot of gear haha. Decisions!

Both should scale up with better power. Whats your amp budget at this point? If under 1k raggy v1 may be your best bet

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #11,406 of 25,662

More power will make the Susvara sound better but won't transform it into a bass monster.

Recommended course of action: 1) buy a decent amp, but not overly expensive. 2) if still not satisfied, trade your Susvara for an Abyss TC, 3) either upgrade amp and dac, or sell it all and go back to IEMs. :)

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #11,407 of 25,662
Sweet spot is around $3k but I can stretch it.

Oh, then yoy have a ton of options. Ahb2, hypsos+oor, v550 (maybe, haven't heard much here), wait for holo to drop the bliss. Realy a wide range of options sub 3k

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #11,408 of 25,662
More power will make the Susvara sound better but won't transform it into a bass monster.

Recommended course of action: 1) buy a decent amp, but not overly expensive. 2) if still not satisfied, trade your Susvara for an Abyss TC, 3) either upgrade amp and dac, or sell it all and go back to IEMs. :)

Yeah I’m definitely not expecting a different sound signature for sure. More curious about the sibiliance I am hearing across multiple tracks too. I’m guessing thats down to amp/lack of burn in.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #11,409 of 25,662
Yeah I’m definitely not expecting a different sound signature for sure. More curious about the sibiliance I am hearing across multiple tracks too. I’m guessing thats down to amp/lack of burn in.
sibilance is something which yet improved through Susvara burn-in in my case without even considering the amp but a good amp will improve (depending on the amp) tonal balance, width, depth and also slam and airiness (neutral amp won't do the latter.
The song you mentioned before is showing no sibilance even out of my M30

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #11,410 of 25,662
Definitely let them burn in properly. Don't remember with the Susvara specifically, but some headphones change dramatically in the first 100-200 hours.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #11,412 of 25,662
Sep 23, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #11,414 of 25,662

Users who are viewing this thread

Back