HiFiMan Susvara
May 12, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #8,671 of 25,935
All my stands beside the Abyss one are Woo Audio stands. They raise up high enough to keep the cables on your headphones. I always thought taking your cables off every day would lead to some sort of issue with the connectors. I could just be being paranoid, but I’d rather not risk it. :thinking:

Those Rooms stands look nice though. I like how they have different arch sizes too. The Abyss one is great! I love it :L3000:
Yes, I really like the Woo Audio stand too. I prefer not to remove the cables either unless I had to. I think I'd only remove them if I was trying out different cables or packing up the HP in a case to transport it somewhere.

May 12, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #8,672 of 25,935
May 12, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #8,673 of 25,935
May 12, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #8,675 of 25,935
I was just going to link that. You beat me to it by about 5 seconds. Haha. And this one is made of steel. I noticed the other one's material is Blackwood.
I have several of these. The steel ones are much better than the wood versions imo.

May 12, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #8,676 of 25,935
I have the taller adjustable steel ROOMS version and recently bought a walnut wood one (yeah, they are shorter) to avoid any metal on metal contact with the stand. I found myself cautiously placing my susvara and P on the metal stand and with the wood I am not worried about it. The ROOMS walnut also matches my Bigger Ben base.

May 12, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #8,677 of 25,935
You already know my views on this headphone, but in case you were interested in reading a full review, here goes...

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hifiman-he-r10p-planar-headphones.24795/reviews#review-25847

And some snaps, for viewing pleasure...

_DSF3282.jpg

IMG_7891.jpeg

May 12, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #8,678 of 25,935
Susvaraphiles will relate to this on minute 39-41:

Fun fact - The HE6 Resolve is wearing are mine. Sent to him so he can assess in relation to HE6se and HE6se2. Spoiler, he confirms OG HE6 is on another level.

Also note, I have Susvara pads slapped on the HE6, which really helps out streamline the otherwise jagged treble response of HE6 (eliminates some grain).

HE6 6 screw (4 screw is less punchy and more stat-like) remains the best headphone of all time for bass slam. To my ears, still better than Susvara, and likewise 1266 TC. Objectively.

They absolutely require speaker amping - no exception to that rule. They're 10-15% more difficult to drive than Susvara. Early production HE6 4 screw even tougher.

HE6 is a legendary headphone, and I will never sell it again. If I could go back in time, I'd never have sold my first pair, and own 3 pairs happily. It's the best guilty pleasure headphone for rocking out and toe-tapping.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 12, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #8,680 of 25,935
No, just decisively inferior.

May 12, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #8,683 of 25,935
Mang, aren't you getting the Susvara? If yes, forget about the Arya and get yourself a good ol' HE-6 instead. I might have a well modded one for sale.

May 12, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #8,684 of 25,935
My Susvara arrived and even though i know there are a lot of reviews i think why shouldn't i give my impressions.

Build: Looks and feels like it comes out of a candy automat and breaks after 10 days of use. Feels less premium than HEKV2 and HEKSE for me. It also suprises me by how much smaller the earcups are than the HEK ones. Unlike something like the Utopia where you feel like you have a good build thing in your hand this is not.

Comfort: Actually maybe the most comfortable headphone i've ever worn. Due to the softer pads it's also better to use with glasses

Sound: The best headphone i've ever heard. Very inoffensive and does nothing wrong. It's the type of headphone you give to your friends and let them guess how much it costs and they say 100 bucks. Thats the same with the Utopia. Once you listen to it you can't stop. It presents the music in the most cohesive and delicate way i've heard this far.

It sounds closer to the HEKSE than to the HEKV2. I think the biggest difference to those is the timbre. While the HEKs already have a rather natural sounding timbre for a planar the Susvara is really magical and sounds more like a dynamic headphone.

However overall the HEKs come not even close to the Susvara and are not a substitution. After hearing the Susvara i think it's questionable if the HEKs are really worth it over the HD600/650 even though i think they are great headphones and better than a lot of their competion.

Another thing about the Susvara is that it's really a complete allrounder. It can not only play everything but is equally good at every genre no matter if its male vocals, female vocals, strings, techno or whatever. It's overall on the more airy side and i'd call it's presentation effortless.

Where a Utopia is maybe a bit stronger when it comes to the speed and grip of e guitars and raw detail it's limited to certain music and also fatiguing. The Susvara just covers everything and is not fatiguing at all. It's a bit like a super HD650.

Next to the timbre and the imaging maybe the most impressive aspect for me is the bass that i didn't expect. It reaches so deep and the quality is miles better than anything i've heard from a headphone. I was never impressed by percussions before in music. Mostly i didn't even notice them but with this headphone they sound so different. Same goes for Techno/Trance. Just listen to Astrix with this headphone. I didn't expect it to excel here but it does.

Like mentioned earlier due to the softer pads and the smaller earcups it's actually way better usable with glasses than the HEKs. Those are literally not usable with glasses. With the Susvara you loose of course also some seal and bass but it's not that dramatic that it wouldn't make sense to use the Susvara with it.

Overall this headphone is in it's own league for me.

May 12, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #8,685 of 25,935
Mang, aren't you getting the Susvara? If yes, forget about the Arya and get yourself a good ol' HE-6 instead. I might have a well modded one for sale.
I'm interested, pm me! I will not get Susvara any time soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back