HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #24,286 of 25,670
To me, if you're a vocal/mids preference type listener, the Susvara is one of the best in terms of sublime, liquid mids and vocals that's euphoric to listen to. It is phenomenal in that regard. Paired with the May DAC and the right amplifier, and you'll be listening to hours on end which is quite challenging on the Abyss
Agree- the Sus scale quite surprisingly - as one upgrades ones chain, it co tinies to reward with ever more surprising delights- cannot speak to the May DAC, with Yggdrasil OG the bass is phenomenal- tight, textured and impactful, mids as you say and treble, spacious and full of ‘plankton’. It really leaves me wanting for nothing SQ wise.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #24,287 of 25,670
To me, if you're a vocal/mids preference type listener, the Susvara is one of the best in terms of sublime, liquid mids and vocals that's euphoric to listen to. It is phenomenal in that regard. Paired with the May DAC and the right amplifier, and you'll be listening to hours on end which is quite challenging on the Abyss

I agree, IF it is chained correctly. The May certainly helps, but a really good tube amp (or maybe the Enleum Amp-23R, too, haven’t spent too much time with it to know personally) really make the vocals/mids on the Susvara. Once you achieve that beautiful midrange, it is oh-so-glorious!

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #24,289 of 25,670
Agree- the Sus scale quite surprisingly - as one upgrades ones chain, it co tinies to reward with ever more surprising delights- cannot speak to the May DAC, with Yggdrasil OG the bass is phenomenal- tight, textured and impactful, mids as you say and treble, spacious and full of ‘plankton’. It really leaves me wanting for nothing SQ wise.
I can attest for yggy og a2 being phenomenal with the susvara.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #24,290 of 25,670
I just saw that ZMF has released two pads for Susvara, looking forward to any impressions if anybody pulls the trigger on them!
So I should have held off on those Caldera pads eh

Mar 5, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #24,291 of 25,670

Here is the video, containing pad measurements.

Long story short, the lambskin pad is a near copy of the stock pad, but the hybrid pad breaks the bass seal (!) and fills in the upper midrange a little:
1709663716698.png

Dotted line is Hybrid, and neon green line is sheepskin.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #24,292 of 25,670

Long story short, the lambskin pad is a near copy of the stock pad, but the hybrid pad breaks the bass seal (!) and fills in the upper midrange a little:

Dotted line is Hybrid, and neon green line is hybrid.

1709665842685.jpeg

Still using stock pads, I have a bit of a unique approach to HP stand use to minimize pressure on the pads when not wearing them, which has worked well for the year I’ve had the Sus. Really don’t notice anything problematic with the stock although my chain still needs a lot of work, so pad effect may be overshadowed by other issues— good to know ZMF is thinking of this- without doubt -sometime- pads will need changing. Thinking about picking up an Atrium Open later in the year and will start to explore the universe of ZMF pads

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #24,293 of 25,670
1709665842685.jpeg
Still using stock pads, I have a bit of a unique approach to HP stand to minimize pressure on the pads when not wearing them, which has worked well for the year I’ve had the Sus. Really don’t notice anything problematic with the stock although my chain still needs a lot of work, so pad effect may be overshadowed by other issues— good to know ZMF is thinking of this- without doubt -sometime- pads will need changing. Thinking about picking up an Atrium Open later in the year and will start to explore the universe of ZMF pads
I highly advice to go for Verite Open instead, Atrium might lack resolution after switching from Susvara. Verite on the otherhand keeps all the dynamic driver ZMF tuning qualities and combines it with great resolution and speed.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #24,294 of 25,670

1709663716698.png

Dotted line is Hybrid, and neon green line is hybrid.

very impressive to see a guy who manufacturers a competing HP not only make a product for it but also praise it..I dont own ZMF HP's but might look into them just on this video

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #24,295 of 25,670
Zach rules, it’s that simple :)

Mar 5, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #24,296 of 25,670
I love my susvara but as I said there is something very reassuring about a competing manufacturer confident enough to make a video that so easily praises a competitor...

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #24,297 of 25,670
I love my susvara but as I said there is something very reassuring about a competing manufacturer confident enough to make a video that so easily praises a competitor...
Yes - I hope to get to Axpona in April I think Zach goes to that, I’d love to meet/chat/ try out his cans myself.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #24,298 of 25,670
Mar 5, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #24,299 of 25,670
Im actually really interested in trying these pads. Dont have much of an issue with the stock ones other than them getting very hot during the warmer weather seasons. If these keep a similar sound or hell even improve it while being more comfortable I'll be ecstatic. Hell for the past 2 weeks I've been mulling over selling my holo bliss and susvara. Starting to move away from that idea.

Mar 5, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #24,300 of 25,670
Im actually really interested in trying these pads. Dont have much of an issue with the stock ones other than them getting very hot during the warmer weather seasons. If these keep a similar sound or hell even improve it while being more comfortable I'll be ecstatic. Hell for the past 2 weeks I've been mulling over selling my holo bliss and susvara. Starting to move away from that idea.
Change the pads, I have dekoni perforated leather ones and it’s better than stock for heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back