HiFiMan Susvara
Feb 8, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #20,131 of 26,665
really? wow. I'll have to ask Kerry at CanJam in couple of weeks..
The plan has been there for a while now. I’ve asked him in Eksonic thread and he said it’s still in their pipeline but still no confirmation on exactly when.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #20,132 of 26,665
The plan has been there for a while now. I’ve asked him in Eksonic thread and he said it’s still in their pipeline but still no confirmation on exactly when.

Cool, thanks. I'll connect with him for sure at CanJam so I'll make a mental note to try to remember and ask about this. If I learn more will report back..

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #20,133 of 26,665
Are you running the AHB2 as monoblocks for Susvara?

CFA3 is pretty special and it’s even more potent when paired with a 300B preamp (though it’s not really a must as CFA3 is already superb sounding on its own). My 300B pre + all the tubes + CFA3 costs nearly $20k (I’m sure @paradoxper spent a lot more with his crazy tubes! 😄) BUT you don’t have to spend that kind of money to enjoy Susvara. Hopefully Eksonic’s plan to bring CFA3 as a commercially available product will come into fruition this year.
No. Just one.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #20,134 of 26,665
Are you running the AHB2 as monoblocks for Susvara?

CFA3 is pretty special and it’s even more potent when paired with a 300B preamp (though it’s not really a must as CFA3 is already superb sounding on its own). My 300B pre + all the tubes + CFA3 costs nearly $20k (I’m sure @paradoxper spent a lot more with his crazy tubes! 😄) BUT you don’t have to spend that kind of money to enjoy Susvara. Hopefully Eksonic’s plan to bring CFA3 as a commercially available product will come into fruition this year.

Did not know this. I'll definitely have to ask Kerry about this. Very interesting and good for the hobby.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #20,135 of 26,665
Yep, it’s fantastic and my one and only amp! 😄 it’s way ahead than my previous Bakoon 13R (Enleum 23R’s predecessor) in driving Susvara.
I have both the 13r and CFA3...I wouldnt say the CFA3 is way ahead but it is really really good and has gobs of the power the susvara thrives on

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #20,136 of 26,665
But they want to spend approx. US$4000+ on a uber TOTL headphone and expect it to sound amazing connected to an underpowered and poor quality Amp ! And then there is the poor quality sources people buy and use with the Susvara.
And then such people blame the Susvara for sounding poor !

Instead of people spending large sums of money on a TOTL headphone, they would be much better off spending money on a good to excellent source and amp and respectable set of headphones that matches with the amp and source they have purchased.

Then when they want to upgrade to a TOTL headphone i.e. a Susvara, they should also upgrade their source and Amp first, then but the Susvara or if they can afford it buy it all in one go or at least buy a great Amp with the Susvara and then a higher quality source later !
I think you are completely right in suggesting that to underpower a susvara or use a less than capable amp option the susvara will not live up to its potential but this constant push for an 18K amp is kind of silly..they may sell a tiny number of such amps each year and although I havent heard it I am quite sure it is not dramatically better than my CFA3 or even better at all....suggesting an 18k option is in fact gonna keep from people from buying the great susvara if they think such an expenditure is necessary...I get the feeling this constant proselytizing is a way of rationalizing such an expenditure which I for one do not at all criticize but I do think you are doing people a disservice

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #20,137 of 26,665
Yep, it’s fantastic and my one and only amp! 😄 it’s way ahead than my previous Bakoon 13R (Enleum 23R’s predecessor) in driving Susvara.
I have both the 13r and CFA3...I wouldnt say the CFA3 is way ahead but it is really really good and has gobs of the power the susvara thrives on

A good reminder that all of this is subjective and a lot of it comes down to how people like pairings and synergy individually (once base amplification needs are met).

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #20,139 of 26,665
A good reminder that all of this is subjective and a lot of it comes down to how people like pairings and synergy individually (once base amplification needs are met).
spot on and 100% correct...once we get to a certain point in terms of technical performance it becomes subjective and no right or wrong

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #20,141 of 26,665
Has anyone tried both an Accuphase and Feliks Envy? I'm curious about the Envy as many have said they synergise so well with Susvara, but the descriptors used are basically the same; dynamic, sweet midrange and treble and spacious.

Feb 9, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #20,143 of 26,665

That's true and on top of that there's also the subject of how we perceive differerences between two compared products. A fairly small yet noticeable performance gap to one listener often is huge to someone else. Just the nature of the hobby :)

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 9, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #20,144 of 26,665
thank y’all for your valuable inputs very informational and inspirational:) wish I could get the chance to experience your highly synergistic reference systems aligned up with these announcements and conclusions

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #20,145 of 26,665
Then you should upgrade your digital source to Wadax Atlantis Reference DAC + Server combo. They only cost a mere $221k 👍🏼
There are fantastic sources much cheaper than the Wadax and most probably as good as or even better !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back