HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 31, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #16,921 of 26,687
he is also very easy to work with,although the build took forever lol
yea, custom builds require some serious patience......... errrg... :)

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #16,922 of 26,687
So whats up with Susvara. Is it still the best. Is it still V1 or more versions?

DAC/AMP should make the big difference I have heard....watt is not watt.

...it depends on the quality

Jul 31, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #16,923 of 26,687
So whats up with Susvara. Is it still the best. Is it still V1 or more versions?

So like do you not read any further back in the forum than the first page?

Jul 31, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #16,924 of 26,687

Potentially still the best. No big revisions other than 2.5mm to 3.5mm. Some people say there is a change, some don’t. Amp selection is crucial for this headphone according to many. Still amazing.

Jul 31, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #16,925 of 26,687
as good as any HP on the market...personal preference determines the best

Jul 31, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #16,927 of 26,687

oh oh. Here comes that wave again……..

let me put it this way, people believe what they believe. Some even from their own personal experience.

and i think it is fair to say that the majority of us believe watts are important.

and my experience on headfi (and general discussions of technology) has generally been the majority (consensus) is usually the best and safest way to go.

but why not have a read of the thread and your questions may be
answered.

And you’ll notice many repetitive replies along the way.

all the best

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #16,929 of 26,687
What's the best setup u heard with Susvara at CanJam?
I am somewhat biased towards the EF1000 but I thought the Feliks Audio Envy was an excellent amplifier too:

20220729_230448.jpg

I had paired both of these with the DCS Lina DAC and master clock as well, and played around with the crossfeed options. The clock isn't worth the money but the DAC is very interesting and pairs well with tubes.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #16,930 of 26,687
I am somewhat biased towards the EF1000 but I thought the Feliks Audio Envy was an excellent amplifier too:

20220729_230448.jpg
I had paired both of these with the DCS Lina DAC and master clock as well, and played around with the crossfeed options. The clock isn't worth the money but the DAC is very interesting and pairs well with tubes.
Have you tried the Auris Nirvana?

I’m curious how it compares to the Feliks Envy..

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #16,932 of 26,687
Have you tried the Auris Nirvana?

I’m curious how it compares to the Feliks Envy..
I did, yes. It was available on another booth and I took over the same Susvara unit. The Nirvana punched above its weight tbh, if you are interested in it then you would be pleased. But it does make the Susvara slightly warmer compared to the other two that are not as tube-y. To give you a better idea, I'd say the Nirvana is a mini Cayin HA-300MK2 that was alongside and is basically what you think a tube amp should sound like. Personally I'd rather use the Nirvana and the HA-300MK2 with dynamic headphones.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #16,933 of 26,687
I did, yes. It was available on another booth and I took over the same Susvara unit. The Nirvana punched above its weight tbh, if you are interested in it then you would be pleased. But it does make the Susvara slightly warmer compared to the other two that are not as tube-y. To give you a better idea, I'd say the Nirvana is a mini Cayin HA-300MK2 that was alongside and is basically what you think a tube amp should sound like. Personally I'd rather use the Nirvana and the HA-300MK2 with dynamic headphones.
Thanks!

I have the Nirvana. I use it with all my headphones (dynamic and planar) except the Susvara and Arya V2 for which I use my speaker amp (Moon 330A). But I’m familiar with its voicing with the Susvara (it can easily drive it, but speaker amp is still better), hence I’m curious how the Envy sounds in compajrosn

Seems like the Envy is a bit more neutral? I’ve actually never found the Nirvana super warm, so the Envy may be too lean sounding for me then

Very helpful, thank you

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #16,935 of 26,687
I would not call the Envy lean even with basic EH 300B
How would you describe them in comparison to the Nirvana (if u had a chance to head them both)? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back