Hifiman Serenade - Himalaya Pro R2R DAC headamp all-in-one
Mar 21, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #211 of 252
Definitely the best sounding dac amp i know to date that doesnt break the bank too much. It is just the QC man. I have to replace serenade to get the QC right. Mine was heavily imbalance to the right chanel. Tried some demo they also have the issue. Until just now i got my replacement and everything is perfect. Damn Hifiman QC.

Yea, luckily I have had no issue other than low volume noise which I believe is par for this device. The more i listen to Serenade the more I'm convinced about the performance. It is simply an incredible sounding DAC.

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #213 of 252
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #214 of 252
some info: after 1-2 reboots Serenade (connection on LAN), my app mobile Tidal see GoldenWave, but can't switch to it. However, Mconnect app (lite version) on mobile did a connection via UPnP and played music from Tidal.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #215 of 252
People, what you are thinking, next a significant step from Serenade + Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back (my current setup)? SMSL SU-X (like amp)? And which Headphones?

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #218 of 252
what you are thinking, next a significant step from Serenade + Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back (my current setup)? SMSL SU-X (like amp)?
I tried using a Serenade with an additional and very good Singxer SA-1 amplifier.
This does not justify itself. There is no sound improvement.
The built-in amplifier of the Serenade is exceptionally good in itself.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #220 of 252
People, what you are thinking, next a significant step from Serenade + Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back (my current setup)? SMSL SU-X (like amp)? And which Headphones?
A good tube amp.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #221 of 252
How does it compare to Aune S17 Pro?
The s17 is a better amp than the onboard serenade amp, they are pretty similar in signature, but the s17 has more resolution, better spacial presentation/seperation/wider/3D… the serenades amp is kind of intimate in my opinion, people say it’s wide but i don’t see where that’s true, it’s a good amp, it full bodied and and very well voiced, timbre is great, but it isn’t wide. In fact, the serenade going into the s17 was magical to me.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #222 of 252
How does it compare to Aune S17 Pro?
Aune s17 Pro is a great amplifier. It is one level better (to my ear) than Singxer SA-1.

But it makes no sense to add this amplifier to the Serenade. Because the sound won't get any better: the built-in Serenade amplifier extracts the maximum possible from its DAC.

My current main bundle of Singxer SDA6 + Aune S17 Pro sounds noticeably better than a Serenade. But at the same time it costs about 2 times more expensive.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #223 of 252
what you are thinking, next a significant step from Serenade + Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back
In this case, I would first of all think about improving the headphones. For example, up to the Dan Clark Ether С Flow or Dan Clark E3 level.
Or Kennerton Thekk.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #224 of 252
The s17 is a better amp than the onboard serenade amp, they are pretty similar in signature, but the s17 has more resolution, better spacial presentation/seperation/wider/3D… the serenades amp is kind of intimate in my opinion, people say it’s wide but i don’t see where that’s true, it’s a good amp, it full bodied and and very well voiced, timbre is great, but it isn’t wide. In fact, the serenade going into the s17 was magical to me.
>"In fact, the serenade going into the s17 was magical to me."

People usually praise Himalaya Pro, it would be a good product to have only the DAC without any amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back