Hifiman Serenade - Himalaya Pro R2R DAC headamp all-in-one
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #196 of 252
still no feedback if Serenade is now TIdal Connect Certified.
Screenshot_2024-03-08-20-56-05-298_com.aspiro.tidal.jpg

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #197 of 252
@Ichos How is the review coming along? 😇

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #198 of 252
@Ichos How is the review coming along? 😇
It's everything in my head but I must find some time to put them down on paper!
I have to finish a couple of other articles that have priority and then it's time for the serenade.
Hint - the DAC section is really good.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #199 of 252
still no feedback if Serenade is now TIdal Connect Certified.
I've tried it yesterday - no results on Mobile (last version app Tidal), but PC version app found out Goldenwave via Tidal Connect. Mconnect app on mobile doesn't find Goldenwave via UPnP also :frowning2:.
In list of support devices on Tidal connect pages, no Hifiman...

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #200 of 252
I've tried it yesterday - no results on Mobile (last version app Tidal), but PC version app found out Goldenwave via Tidal Connect. Mconnect app on mobile doesn't find Goldenwave via UPnP also :frowning2:.
In list of support devices on Tidal connect pages, no Hifiman...
Screenshot_2024-03-08-20-56-05-298_com.aspiro.tidal.jpg

Works fine with me.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #201 of 252
It's everything in my head but I must find some time to put them down on paper!
I have to finish a couple of other articles that have priority and then it's time for the serenade.
Hint - the DAC section is really good.
Is it the same dac section as Hifiman EF600? What do you prefer this dac or the Denafrios Ares 2?

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #202 of 252
Is it the same dac section as Hifiman EF600? What do you prefer this dac or the Denafrios Ares 2?

Thanks!
I am not sure about the modules used.
Sonically I believe that is more technical sounding from the Ares 2 (not tested 12th). It reminds me a lot of the Gustard DAC R26.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #203 of 252
This thing is a beast in DAC only mode to the Vioelectric V222. Incredible sound quality.

Listening w the HD 650. What the DAC is doing to present the soundstage is really excellent.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #204 of 252
This thing is a beast in DAC only mode to the Vioelectric V222. Incredible sound quality.
Yea i think the highlight of the serenade is definitely its dac section

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #205 of 252
Yea i think the highlight of the serenade is definitely its dac section

Yea this piece is a keeper. The amount of information I'm hearing in the bass regions is so great. Mids are extremely detailed and weighty as well.

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #206 of 252
Listening from the amp section of the Serenade from the 4.4 mm output with HD 650 now.

The sound is very competent. Basically the same character as with V222 but less dynamic and the wow factor is not the same. It's pretty good. Like you could live with the Serenade if that's all you had, but DAC mode from the XLRs to a balanced amp is definitely the way to go with Serenade.

Oh okay... switched to the XLR on the front of Serenade and I'm now getting slightly better dynamics and detail from the mids.. oof this is quite good. Soundstage is better from XLR output as well, more depth/width and better layering of the instruments like this. 4.4mm soundstage sounded kind of flat (less 3D) w less separation of instruments.

I just love the character of this DAC. The bass and mids are really lovely. Treble isn't lacking. It's not a stand out frequency from this DAC. It's there but not doing anything weird at all, very, very smooth. Maybe it's pulled back a hair from the mids and bass. Overall character of this piece is slightly warm, neutral.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #207 of 252
There's also some very low noise to be heard with the volume all the way turned down from either the 4.4 mm and XLR output. I hear it more audibly with the HD490 and much lower on the 650, but I can still hear it. I think this device sounds good enough from the XLR and so excellent in DAC only mode that I do not care if it's not perfect lol

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #208 of 252
There's also some very low noise to be heard with the volume all the way turned down from either the 4.4 mm and XLR output. I hear it more audibly with the HD490 and much lower on the 650, but I can still hear it. I think this device sounds good enough from the XLR and so excellent in DAC only mode that I do not care if it's not perfect lol
classic hifiman QC smh

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #209 of 252
classic hifiman QC smh

It really is. Hifiman is passionate about sound, but def not about perfection. Some of the stuff they make is so good that you luv them even though there are quirks. This Serenade like the HE500 is going to be one of them for me lol

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #210 of 252
It really is. Hifiman is passionate about sound, but def not about perfection. Some of the stuff they make is so good that you luv them even though there are quirks. This Serenade like the HE500 is going to be one of them for me lol
Definitely the best sounding dac amp i know to date that doesnt break the bank too much. It is just the QC man. I have to replace serenade to get the QC right. Mine was heavily imbalance to the right chanel. Tried some demo they also have the issue. Until just now i got my replacement and everything is perfect. Damn Hifiman QC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back