Hifiman sent me HE-6s, I ordered HE-300s.
Feb 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #106 of 234
I think it would be kind of terrible to keep these..I wouldn't care nearly as much if they were sony or some **** but HiFiMAN is a small company that probably would feel the hit from sending a $1500+ order to the wrong person. Please send them back :\

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #107 of 234

Quote:
browsed through the threads, I have to concludes that lots of head-fiers are utopians.

Please remind one thing in mind before judging the OP: he ordered a good A and received a good B, shouldn't hifiman be sorry enough first of all by sending the wrong item?

What i think OP did wrong is imposing a duality by saying he will resolve this with Fang and then posted for sale here. But even though, it is still hifiman's fault for not sending the right item. In my understanding, a company cannot justify their fufillment mistake by claiming they sent a superior product to what's been ordred

As far as I'm aware it's only a morale issue and not a legality one, legally I believe I can keep them with only a few frowns from fellow head-fiers, morally however I believe hiding them away and selling them would be a horrible thing to do, if I was on the other end and sent headphones worth much, much more than the money I received pays for I'd definitely be doing all I can to get them back.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #109 of 234

Quote:
If Hifiman would be company in the US they would probally sue you and you would be ****** up.
Just tell us ASAP what Fang answer once he answer

I doubt they'd sue me for opening and listening to headphones they sent me, if I sold them without permission then yes probably, however I don't know how EU consumer laws work.
I'll definitely post once I get a response from any head-direct representative.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #110 of 234

Quote:
browsed through the threads, I have to concludes that lots of head-fiers are utopians.

Please remind one thing in mind before judging the OP: he ordered a good A and received a good B, shouldn't hifiman be sorry enough first of all by sending the wrong item?

What i think OP did wrong is imposing a duality by saying he will resolve this with Fang and then posted for sale here. But even though, it is still hifiman's fault for not sending the right item. In my understanding, a company cannot justify their fufillment mistake by claiming they sent a superior product to what's been ordred

If the manufacturer doesn't know about it - how can he fix it?  OP should have advised manufacturer and awaited response before doing anything else - including creating this ridiculous thread.  Manufacturer has done nothing wrong - except a shipping error - whcih at the moment may not be known to them yet (time difference), and they have not had a chance to even suggest resolving.  There is only one party in the wrong here at this stage - and that is the OP.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #111 of 234
Regardless of how this started or how it turns out, I don't see how "some compensation for your trouble" should even enter the equation. Did the vendor harm you in some way? Let's get real.

In a fair scenario, Hifiman should ship the HE-6 back on their dime. You should get what you bought. If they're really sorry, they'll ship your HE-300 and write off the erroneous first shipment. But for them to dig further into their pockets at this point for this mistake is just plain asking too much. And that's not even considering what's taken place in this thread.

It's possible you'll get more than you asked for in this transaction and that's gotta be pretty cool, but to speak as if you're entitled to more is downright bratty. So many pages later, I don't know who said what, and I don't care. If we want to be treated fairly by merchants, the least we can do is act fairly as customers. Period.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #112 of 234

Quote:
If the manufacturer doesn't know about it - how can he fix it?  OP should have advised manufacturer and awaited response before doing anything else - including creating this ridiculous thread.  Manufacturer has done nothing wrong - except a shipping error - whcih at the moment may not be known to them yet (time difference), and they have not had a chance to even suggest resolving.  There is only one party in the wrong here at this stage - and that is the OP.

All I have done open, attempted to listen to them and had them appraised in-case I could keep them, I could have done a lot worse in my opinion.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #113 of 234
I think someone might get banned!

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #114 of 234

Quote:
Regardless of how this started or how it turns out, I don't see how "some compensation for your trouble" should even enter the equation. Did the vendor harm you in some way? Let's get real.
In a fair scenario, Hifiman should ship the HE-6 back on their dime. You should get what you bought. If they're really sorry, they'll ship your HE-300 and write off the erroneous first shipment. But for them to dig further into their pockets at this point for this mistake is just plain asking too much. And that's not even considering what's taken place in this thread.
It's possible you'll get more than you asked for in this transaction and that's gotta be pretty cool, but to speak as if you're entitled to more is downright bratty. So many pages later, I don't know who said what, and I don't care. If we want to be treated fairly by merchants, the least we can do is act fairly as customers. Period.

All I ask is for them to pay shipping back, any compensation is just icing on the cake, unlikely as it is.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #115 of 234

Quote:

I can't agree with your logic behind this. The OP Ordered a HE-300 and Receive the wrong item. How wrong is that from the OP position? I see you are quite generous about companies who sends wrong products to other customers, lets see how forgiving you are when it comes to you.

The only thing I didn't understand is why he did not simultaneously contact Hifiman with the creation of this post. I agree he shouldn't start a FS thread.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #116 of 234

Quote:

All I have done open, attempted to listen to them and had them appraised in-case I could keep them, I could have done a lot worse in my opinion.

Even you are not that naive - although I'm starting to wonder .......

Suggest you reread every post you've made in this thread.

Once again - suggest for your own good - talk to a mod:
[1] Get this thread closed and locked.
[2] Get your FS thread closed and deleted
[3] Wait for reply from Head-Direct before proceeding

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #117 of 234

Quote:

Yeah , next time you order a he-6, waited for a while to receive them, you open them, its some repaired-return HE-300 unit," No problem, I'm a fair customer !"

that's really appealing to me

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #118 of 234
My initial thought within the first few posts:  Man, you're puttin' some good Karma in the bank, Dude!  Good for you!!!  I thought, "Wouldn't it be totally cool if Fang came into the thread and said something along the lines of, 'Thanks for your honesty.  Please keep them as a token of our appreciation.'" 

Then I read furhter.  REALLY?!?!?!?! 

Now, I'm hoping Fang enters and says, "Keep the damn headphones, you *bleepin" scumbag!" and the thread is closed.

You went from someone with morals to one without in a matter of a few hours...publically, no less!

Sad and Pathetic.

And no amount of backtracking or sidestepping you do will change many head-fi'ers opinion, I'm sure.

Congrats.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #119 of 234
Yeah , next time you order a he-6, waited for a while to receive them, you open them, its some repaired-return HE-300 unit," No problem, I'm a fair customer !"

that's really appealing to me
Right, no problem. Open some communication with your trade partner and work it out. You know, like grown folks. Are you done? Because I am.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #120 of 234
Thanks immtbiker for your post, you're more or less spot on.

Quote:

As far as I'm aware it's only a morale issue and not a legality one, legally I believe I can keep them with only a few frowns from fellow head-fiers, morally however I believe hiding them away and selling them would be a horrible thing to do, if I was on the other end and sent headphones worth much, much more than the money I received pays for I'd definitely be doing all I can to get them back.

You're obviously not aware of anything.

You said you knew what the HE-6 were, prior to even opening the package. When you (understandably) opened the package you took them out and even opened the actual headphones, what on earth went through your mind? Then you made a sales thread, again, What?

To be honest, I don't know about UK law, but here it's illegal to keep the product since it was a mistake. There is a huge amount of evidence that you knew of this mistake the whole time, so good luck with your legal ****.

You want them to pay shipping back? AFAIK, by law, they have to, so why are you so worried and going bat**** crazy?.

I'm not sure if you're very stupid or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back