Hifiman sent me HE-6s, I ordered HE-300s.
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #183 of 234

Quote:
You said legally about ten times in the last four posts. Do you actually know anything about the law? 

I did two years of law school before switching mid-stream to a career in marketing.  Without looking up actual statutes, what he's saying is making a whole lot more sense than the opposite crowd suggesting to keep them. 

What about you Bob - how's your legal knowledge (curious)?

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #184 of 234
But, just because a law is on the books, it doesn't mean it gets enforced.  HiFiMan might not recover the HE-6 or their money in the end and may just give up because trying to recover it will cost more than the actual damages.  This is why it's just so important to do the right thing.

Quote:
Just fact-checking.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #186 of 234

Quote:
wow, HE-6, nice! 

lol i would totally keeps, or i would sell since that would be a huge profit! 

its not the most morally right thing to do, but hifiman made a mistake, and all these companies make enough money already, and usually when companies make mistakes, we end up paying for it...

wink_face.gif
  Surely, you don't mean you'd be happy receiving a bill for the difference. What would anyone gain? Also, where's the love for Dr.Fang? Didn't he just become a Proud Dad? If it were me, I'd be sending a congratulations along with notification to the good doctor. This could turn out very well! Imagine, being a Beta tester for Head Direct? Discounts?? More importantly, peace of mind from doing what's right.

Since listening to music is an emotional experience, not having peace of mind will prevent your sessions from being their best. Which will then lead you down the upgrade path unnecessarily because you'll be unable to emotionally connect to the music. And think it's the gear!

However, wisdom can wait - it's dinner time! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #187 of 234
Exactly.  What has happened here is not a contract of sale or a gift.  It's a bailment.  Just because it was an accident does not transform a bailment into a sale or gift.  A bailment is not ownership.

Quote:
I did two years of law school before switching mid-stream to a career in marketing.  Without looking up actual statutes, what he's saying is making a whole lot more sense than the opposite crowd suggesting to keep them. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #188 of 234
Anyone want to start up a poll for the various outcomes?

anonymous voting of course :D

My vote goes to HiFi-Man sending a prepaid shipping slip for the return of the HE-6. OP gets his HE-300s with a HiFi-Man temporary tattoo for his troubles.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #189 of 234

Quote:

What about you Bob - how's your legal knowledge (curious)?

I'm in High School. AP US Gov doesn't really cover international shipping disputes.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #190 of 234
We're talking about common law here.  Common law extends to England, Hong Kong, and the USA.  So, ya, the OP doesn't own the HE-6 that showed up.

Quote:
I'm in High School. AP US Gov doesn't really cover international shipping disputes.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #192 of 234
I'm sure that Hifiman is in their legal right to demand payment if the HE-6 is kept. If they took legal action, I'm sure they would win. I doubt they would though, because even when they win, they lose. Money at least, and lots of it. Not something that a small, limited-production business can afford. That being said, I'm glad that the correct processes to rectify the situation are now being taken. This admittedly entertaining thread was very close to getting out of hand.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #193 of 234

Quote:
Anyone want to start up a poll for the various outcomes?
anonymous voting of course
biggrin.gif

My vote goes to HiFi-Man sending a prepaid shipping slip for the return of the HE-6. OP gets his HE-300s with a HiFi-Man temporary tattoo for his troubles.

smiley_thumb.gif
 Agree on the Call Tag. If the OP is lucky, may even have the original transaction sweetened. However, there is another side I have not seen mentioned. Ok, we didn't read every single post tonight... 
rolleyes.gif
 The side of Retail pricing. Theft? Loss?? Damages??? Often times, built in; factored in. This would suggest that even when one perceives getting lucky
wink_face.gif
 (ahem!), everyone pays in the end with higher prices. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #194 of 234

Quote:
I'm sure that Hifiman is in their legal right to demand payment if the HE-6 is kept. If they took legal action, I'm sure they would win. I doubt they would though, because even when they win, they lose. Money at least, and lots of it. Not something that a small, limited-production business can afford. That being said, I'm glad that the correct processes to rectify the situation are now being taken. This admittedly entertaining thread was very close to getting out of hand.

It did end up being amusing and entertaining... leading up to NCIS: Los Angeles 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back