HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine and RE300h (hifi) Earphone launched! *Impressions added*
Dec 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #136 of 213
Dec 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #137 of 213
The 300h are the better deal

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #138 of 213
They are that cheap for a reason. They sound like $15.00 IEMs.

Well, in all fairness they are not "cheap" in terms of quality, at least RE300h pair I got :wink:  They are one heck of a nice isolating earplugs/phones with an ok sound.  True, might not be everyone's cup of tea in terms of sound signature since these are heavily tuned toward commercial "beats" consumer crowd, where RE300A is even more bassy.  But for under $30 at http://penonaudio.com/HIFIMAN-RE300A (without a need for alexpress or taobao searching), it's a pretty good deal for someone who wants total sound isolation and big cannon boom :)  Plus, I noticed Penon offers some bonus 3 pairs of double-flange eartips for $2.90 - that would be a total ear-plug quality sound isolation
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #139 of 213
Some people do love and gotta have their cannon boom LOL :wink:

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #140 of 213
I was once a cannon boomer, a balanced sound late bloomer, but now I'm all about clarity, control, and details, or at least that's the rumor.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #141 of 213
I was once a cannon boomer, a balanced sound late bloomer, but now I'm all about clarity, control, and details, or at least that's the rumor.

I'm still flip-flopping.  Went to all BAs - was missing low end warmth, switch to hybrids - too much harsh brightness, followed multi-dynamics - back to too much bass, that's why I was happy with CKR10 because it's dynamic but still with a great clarity and details.  To be honest, my ideal IEMs would be something in between CKR9 and CKR10 tuning.  Still need more details, that's why I'm hanging on to A83, but they are not perfect on every track where it gets a bit too bright sometime.

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #142 of 213

Ahhh, that explains the ferocity of your opinions
biggrin.gif

I was never into the cannons, but I too am after balance, control, and finesse.  Except for when I'm not.  And these here bass-heavy IEM's are kind of fun with classic rock.  Way too much bass for Stoner/Doom though.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #143 of 213
Ahhh, that explains the ferocity of your opinions :D

I was never into the cannons, but I too am after balance, control, and finesse.  Except for when I'm not.  And these here bass-heavy IEM's are kind of fun with classic rock.  Way too much bass for Stoner/Doom though.

LOL +1

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #144 of 213

To be honest, Bongrippers Into Ruin is kinda fun too.  Bass is bloated and over-bearing, but I'm pretty sure that's how they want it.

Not quite as much fun on my Grado's.  Just sayin'

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #145 of 213
I have not checked in here for a while, but wanted to check out the RE300 reviews, since I wanted to pick up a pair of cheap IEM's with an inline controller.  Nice to see that there is a fresh crop of ass-hats splitting hairs and clinging to their inflexible opinions like grim death.  Over the most pedestrian gear, no less.  

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #146 of 213
I have not checked in here for a while, but wanted to check out the RE300 reviews, since I wanted to pick up a pair of cheap IEM's with an inline controller.  Nice to see that there is a fresh crop of ass-hats splitting hairs and clinging to their inflexible opinions like grim death.  Over the most pedestrian gear, no less.  

Or it could be that they aren't that good? Ever think of that? No? Well...

P.s. The 300h is pretty darned good for $30

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #147 of 213

I would recommend shelling out an extra $30 for these instead: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=243

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #149 of 213
the 300h are decent

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #150 of 213
What would you recommend for under, say, $80, for this type of sound? Ever try the Etymotic MC5?

The under $80 flat crowd is really the few the proud, like the Marines. Most are colored or bassy. The Zero Audio Tenore are close. The Thibksound Rain is another. The SoundSOUL e10 is another very good but rather flat sounding IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back