HiFiMan RE-600 Review
Jun 12, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #16 of 902
Quote:
I quickly gained the impression that Dr Fang intentionally designed the 600 to be extremely flat in frequency response across the full audio spectrum. I listened to a number of 20hz to 20khz sinewave sweeps and noted absolutely no peaks or dips in the response. I don't recall ever hearing a sweep without the typical spikes in the 3-5 khz portion of the sweep, but these phones were very linear. Perhaps the lack of crossovers helps in this regard.

what crossovers?
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #17 of 902
YAY!
So excited for these! :D
I have the GR07 Bass Edition which I love but I'm looking for something with great form factor like these.
I'm thinking these will be a fantastic upgrade, cannot wait! :D

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #18 of 902
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #19 of 902
Quote:

what crossovers?
confused_face_2.gif

He's saying there can't be a cross-over design problem (like regarded with the 4.Ai, SM64, etc) since there are none and he hears no dips or spikes in the 3-5 kHz region.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #21 of 902
Quote:
I don't see how it's possible to 'hate' the fact that the re-400 cable might kink in the bottom half. Seriously, if stuff like that is going to bother you, you'll never be happy.

That type of stuff tends to annoy people sometimes...  It can make it harder to unravel the cable, etc. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 902
Quote:
I don't see how it's possible to 'hate' the fact that the re-400 cable might kink in the bottom half. Seriously, if stuff like that is going to bother you, you'll never be happy.

It's a review; the more comprehensive the better.  Many people on head-fi are extremely interested in cables.  Some claim dramatic sound shifts; others just want and appreciate a more supple less tangled cable,  If you use an IEM often the little things do add up.

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #23 of 902
Thanks for the review HiFlight. My interest is renewed. Especially knowing they sound brighter and wider than the 400. The 400 was very small and in-head. This reads much more appealing to me.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #24 of 902
great review

these will probably be my next set of iems , when money comes around

until then , I more than happy with my re-272 although i know i need a pair of re-600

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #25 of 902
Interesting review, thanks HiFlight!

Sounds like the Re-600 might be a tad bright for you though... I don't know... How 'bout I burn them in for you and send them back once they have warmed up a notch? 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #26 of 902
That was a great review. I generally stay away from any "in ear" design earphones as they never feel quite like and just overall uncomfortable. That being said, these are rather interesting. I will certainly keep a look out for them, and maybe revisit in ear earphones. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #27 of 902
Mmmmm Hmmmm. Thanks for the review. I'll hopefully have a chance to hear them soon. Very interesting about the sine sweeps.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #28 of 902
Quote:

It's an IEM. Most ones I know are for frequent use on the go. That means a steady stream of handling, putting on, taking off and putting back into the case. Who wants an IEM that you have to be so careful with that you'll kink it. Once it kinks, you get a daily reminder that it's kinked and eventually you'll get a second kink. Then, if you want to sell the IEM, you are obliged to reveal that your IEM for sale has two kinks in the wire.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #30 of 902
what crossovers? :confused_face_2:

Crossover networks as used with BA headphones. The RE-400 and 600 use a dynamic driver, hence no crossovers needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back