HifiMan RE-262 vs. RE400
Jan 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheUltimateEye

New Head-Fier
Since there's no introduction forum on here i figured i'd introduce myself. My name is Jeff and i've been lurking on these forums for a while. I currently on the prowl for IEM's preferrably 150 bucks (U.S.) or under. The RE-262's are 150 bucks and the RE-400's are 100 bucks. I was wondering if anybody knows the difference between the two. I purely listen to metal/hard rock but 90% of the usage would be for watching movies. I originally wanted Grado SR80i's due to all the glowing reviews about their "in-your-face" highs and lows. But i decided they aren't portable enough for me. (I may purchase them down the road) When i go on Hifiman's website they only sell the RE-400's. Are the 400's the successor to the 262's? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff. I've already learned a lot on this forum. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 3
I might add that i have a Fiio E7 and am currently using Beats IEM's (yes i know but they were a gift) and a cheap pair of over-the-ear sound reducing Sony MDR-NC7's. The Beats just don't sound right to me. Muddy bass, harsh treble, etc. The Sony's are just OK but only with the sound reduction turned on. It basically just adds a little more bass.

Jan 27, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 3
jeff , you can buy the re-262 from amazon.com for 120$

read some re-262 and re-400 threads and make up your mind with peace

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back