Hifiman new Single DD flagship: Hifiman Svanar
May 20, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #46 of 63
Just got the new upgrade cable. The fit is nice and firm. It's a balanced spc cable, I think I might still prefer all copper ones. Will see.

So it is likely that what I got was a very early proeduction unit which had a smaller connector for the 2-Pin socket and the new production units will not show this issue (?)

May 20, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #47 of 63
So it is likely that what I got was a very early proeduction unit which had a smaller connector for the 2-Pin socket and the new production units will not show this issue (?)
That's hard to say. Though I think it's unlikely. One thing I noticed is while the two pins look identical, it has to be inserted in one way to the socket. When I first tried it, I can't get it in. Then I rotate the direction of the plug and it gets in nicely. The factory cable can be inserted in any direction and they are fairly loose in my opinion.

May 21, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #48 of 63
That's hard to say. Though I think it's unlikely. One thing I noticed is while the two pins look identical, it has to be inserted in one way to the socket. When I first tried it, I can't get it in. Then I rotate the direction of the plug and it gets in nicely. The factory cable can be inserted in any direction and they are fairly loose in my opinion.

This is true. Usually, you can only insert in just one direction because the plug has a direction little bit of plastic, that forces it to only work one way, you have to look closely for it

May 22, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #49 of 63
This is true. Usually, you can only insert in just one direction because the plug has a direction little bit of plastic, that forces it to only work one way, you have to look closely for it
My previous iems are all mmcx or non-recessed 2-pin, so this is my first experience in this type of connectors. BTW the cable I bought is the relatively inexpensive eletech cassiel. Can't say I'll settle with it, but it surely is better than the factory cable.

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #50 of 63
just fetched a pair of pristine 2nd hand svanar at a good price. i actually never demo it before though i've quite good experience with hifiman's overears like SUS and HEKse. the package is following the same theme of their overears and the iems are quite light weight despite the gold-plated brass shell.

but the tips coming with the package are either double flange or triple flange types. no one fits my ears well. the iems require quite a lot of drive - i've to use the same setting for my DC Ti (the worst of all iems i got) - not sure if that's related to the less than perfect seal. very preliminary impression after listening for just 15mins is not very positive. tuning is quite smooth and enjoyable. the bass is quite strong. yet i think ie900 and hs2000mx, both cheaper, sound significant better than svanar even i'm a hifiman fans. hope things will get better after i found the right eartips.

following-up: swapped to the smallest double flange tips and things got a lot better. i could dial back down the vol to fitear titan level (still demanding though). playing たまたまニュータウン (2DK Session), the instrument sounds well spaced and soundstage is spacious, the bass goes with authority. isolation is on the weak side like many DD iems which require venting. i'll give it more time the experience definitely falls short of my acquaintances with SUS and HEKse - i was enticed immediately by them and took out my card to pay just after short demos.

2nd updates: using svanar with the smallest double flange tips commuting to and from office today. the passive isolation is rather poor like fw10000. so far my experience is not quite positive. if bass is not the most critical part of your music, fw10000 betters than svanar in most aspects - build quality, aesthetic, sound (my personal preference). the good things is svanar never sounds offensive (neither does FWW though!) hope me and svanar will mesh better in the next few days . . .

Attachments

• 20230618_194657.jpg
    20230618_194657.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #51 of 63
Any LCD-I4 comparison to HFM' Svanar?

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #52 of 63
Just received a HIFIMAN Svanar in a recent trade. Couldn’t be happier. I was a bit hesitant as there doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity on this thread, reviews were solid though. This is a seriously underrated IEM (especially if you are looking for a vast stage with a focus on natural tone & timbre)

Using AZLA Crystals & Effect Audio Eros S cable. No complaints with either.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #54 of 63
Currently using Etynotic ER4-XR with Shanling M6 Ultra. Will Svanar be a be an improvement when it comes to soundstage . I find the Ety is not very good when it comes to symphony. I mostly listen to jazz, vocal and classical.
Can’t speak directly to the Ety’s but the soundstage on the Svanar is impressive. I’m a relative IEM noob as I do most of my listening on my “desktop” system, but it’s got the largest stage of any IEM I’ve heard to date (B2, MEXT, Euclid). The tone and timbre are equally impressive on the Svanar so they should work well for your preferred genres.

Nov 7, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #55 of 63
Here’s my own Svanar. Pairing with LPGT Ti sounds quite nice, even though Svanar’s timbres don’t sound as natural and real-living as some reviewers tend to say, especially compared to Dita Perpetua… I’d say that this is an IEM with boosted upper midrange targeted for Japanese market… Its real advantage is both detail-forward and mellow character of presentation which makes them unique for long listening sessions at low volume, especially for acoustic instruments and female vocals.

Attachments

• IMG_7495.jpeg
    IMG_7495.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #57 of 63
My main issue with my unit was built. The right housing came open, fix was easy using super glue, but still very disappointing.

Reason why I didn't review it.

Yes the exact same happened to me - I couldn’t believe when taking out of my ear, I could feel the housing pop open. Likewise glue solved it, but not good. I do love how they sound though, excellent all rounder.

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #58 of 63
Yep, I saw the pics with opened housing and couldn’t believe than Hifiman simply decided to glue two different materials especially considering extreme thinness of inner brass the housing… It’s so sad that this brand being a pioneer of totl dd-based iems with RE-272 and 262 still can’t overcome the problem of build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back