HIFIMAN Jade II Loaner Tour
Apr 18, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #166 of 167
I have received Jade II system.

First impressions
Well... I must say I have mixed feelings. Jade II looks good, but feels cheap. Plastic headband squeaks each time when I touch it. These headphones are very light, which is good for long sessions. Earpads are nice to touch, but they are so thin that my ear touches the inner surface of cup. Construction is much more open than in typical planar magnetics, which I think is also good.

Very quick and detailed sound. A lot of treble, but it is smooth. Bass is light. Fast and punchy, but lacks weight. Although, bass is stronger than I expected after reading people opinions. It is light, but not completely weightless.

Will see how it goes.

Many thanks to HiFiMan for the opportunity!

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #167 of 167
I have received Jade II system.

First impressions
Well... I must say I have mixed feelings. Jade II looks good, but feels cheap. Plastic headband squeaks each time when I touch it. These headphones are very light, which is good for long sessions. Earpads are nice to touch, but they are so thin that my ear touches the inner surface of cup. Construction is much more open than in typical planar magnetics, which I think is also good.

Very quick and detailed sound. A lot of treble, but it is smooth. Bass is light. Fast and punchy, but lacks weight. Although, bass is stronger than I expected after reading people opinions. It is light, but not completely weightless.

Will see how it goes.

Many thanks to HiFiMan for the opportunity!

I just pop-in since I am on the "same boat", just received the system and so wanted to leave a first impression.

Materials: as far as the headphone goes, I do agree on almost everything wrote by Ragnar above, materials are maybe a tad lower than expectations, but in general I find them light and very comfortable, with light clamping force (even a tad too much light, maybe). I normally resist with sessions during less than 1h, but with Jade I feel no fatigue and almost no heat. As far as the amp goes, it is bulky yet simple in design, I love the general shape of it, I'd loved more if it had been a tad smaller :D I wasn't prepared to have that much space used by a piece of equipment :wink: Cable might be a bit better too, but they serve the purpose, so...

Matching: I mostly use portable sources, and therefore wanted to see how much I can match suchs system with what I have. My impression is the amp is really "power hungry" meaning it would be best fit with a proper hifi/desk setup, while I struggle to feel a "beefy" sound with something like i.e. an Opus 3 (line out) or Calyx M (no line out, btw, only giving 100% volume). Btw, with the combo Xduoo X10T transport and Mojo DAC/Amp, I have plenty of punch to get into the Jade system.

Sound Performance: I will talk just about the setup with Jade II and its amp, plus Xduoo X10T + Mojo. The setup really works for me, and the first things I've noticed are airiness and details, but above all instrument separation! With a proper song/format/recording, this setup is just one of the closest "almost being there" situation I've experienced so far (note: being this one of the most expensive setup I've tried, to be honest).

Will listen more to it and come back to you! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back