Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Nov 19, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #586 of 666
That must be with a card which is already scanned and indexed before. If you make a complete (re)scan it will be much more than two minutes and more like twenty.

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #587 of 666
Hello mrmax,

Thanks for your feedback. I tested mine now: 4 seconds from power on to ready to hear (I have about 210GB/256GB card capacity)...which is great!

But the moment I add a track or album to my card on my iMac, and the reindexing of the whole card starts automatically when inserted into the 901s, that process takes upto the 23 minutes I stated before. (I simply rip my owned CDs on Phil Audio on App Store (flac) and transfer to SD; I don't mess about with tagging/detagging so far - however any song with a foreign accent etc. gets "disappeared" - whole albums in fact so I have had to replace such foreign characters in an album's/song's titling for it to show up after indexing). 

Thanks.

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #588 of 666
  Hello mrmax,

Thanks for your feedback. I tested mine now: 4 seconds from power on to ready to hear (I have about 210GB/256GB card capacity)...which is great!

But the moment I add a track or album to my card on my iMac, and the reindexing of the whole card starts automatically when inserted into the 901s, that process takes upto the 23 minutes I stated before. (I simply rip my owned CDs on Phil Audio on App Store (flac) and transfer to SD; I don't mess about with tagging/detagging so far - however any song with a foreign accent etc. gets "disappeared" - whole albums in fact so I have had to replace such foreign characters in an album's/song's titling for it to show up after indexing). 

Thanks.

If you only have standard tags and nothing else, the reason you get the complete rescan is almost for sure that you didn't use the "Eject SD" function (and in addition played a song before this to make sure the DAP recognizes the SD card).

However, my impression is that Mac / iOS systems automatically add tags to the standard tags... Did you check this? If not, then double check and see if you find anything.

Below is an example: notice that there are several empty lines with no content and no category either.

I also use either artist name or album artist - not both.

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #591 of 666
  so hifiman has a balanced output, but it looks like it is just a second single-ended jack, not an actual balanced or mini balanced? Can someone explain

do you know what is a balanced output, how many types of plug and how it looks like? read more before u ask

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #597 of 666
Dear fellow 901s owners!

As I wrote some posts before (see post #572), I have issues with my player. I have a seemingly dead original battery. I purchased another original from Takstar Ltd. via AliExpress, everything went fine. The battery came with around 75% charge. I listened to some music, and I was soo happy… then for the night I put it into the charging cradle.
Next moning the LED was solid green, but the player said it was only half charged… then it depleeted without any listening sections.

Somebody please be so kind, and measure for me, what Voltage a fine working charging cradles pins put out (4 pins, 2 pair -+ ; -+ left and right in working position).  Mine does around 8.4 and ZERO(!) - which I'm really curious about. Now I can only imagine, that my charger broke somehow. User service did not respond yet, although I sent this issue only on Friday to them.

BTW I think the accessories are ridiculously expensive for their quality and capabilities (that cheap chinese feel)... still the sound is so amazing. I'm screwed X'D

Best Regards!
Attila

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #598 of 666
The original battery from HiFiMan is a custom made battery with two batteries in one with a big HiFiMan logo on it. Does your new one has that? The primary has a capacity of 1600mAh and is +7.4V, the secondary is 500mAh and -7.4V.

However, it sounds like your charging cradle is not working since you only get a charge in one of the two outputs, and this is most likely the problem. I would contact HiFiMan customer service about that if I was you.

Jan 8, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #599 of 666
First of all: thank you for your reply!

Yes, I know that is custom made and has two bigger separate parts. There is the logo, and I'm pretty sure, this is the real deal, also worked fine until the factory charge lasted.
There is also a 8.4V written on the label, defined by asian characters, which I do not understand. Might be charging or peak voltage or something.

What really would make me happy is a measure: is there, or isn't there any voltage on both the cradle pin pair on a healthy but empty charger when plugged in, do not care really about what number it is.
I tought, there could be a "circuit trick" and it works only with the battery inside, but if I'm realistic, my charger just suck. Aaand it costs another ~100 USD, still much better than a player service...

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #600 of 666
I don't have the charging cradle. Ask customer service about the voltage from the outputs of the charger / cradle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back