Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
Feb 3, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #62 of 666
It looks aweful to be honest. They could use old case just make it alloy magnesium!

Who cares for  DSD? There is no way u can hear diffference from above 16b/48Hz sound ,its just human ear, everything else is placebo.

Is there playlist proper support? That screen... really? The oled is milion times better.

It looks like a joke to me :frowning2:

Ex hm901 user.

Feb 4, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #63 of 666
So does the 901s play native DSD? 

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #64 of 666
http://hifiman.com/hm901s/

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #67 of 666
I emailed Customer Services at HiFiMan yesterday asking if they have a release date and cost of the HM-901S and they replied saying they have not been informed yet. 
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #68 of 666
Anyone else find it probably more than 'just a coincidence' that A&K have released a stainless steel version of the AK240, very soon after the announcement of the HM-901s?

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #69 of 666
Most companies keep tabs on each other and alot of engineers and developers talk too each other on their forums. So them releasing that is no surprise...also March to June are the usual "sell new tech" months...along with "final rush " November-December"

Software likes October for releasing the most. and "Patch Tuesdays" are self explanatory.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #70 of 666
They told me the  same thing, but in my little hunt online I saw that they are going to start it  "after Chinese New Year", which was 2 days ago...and somehow I got the impression that Mid-End of March they would be ready to do the US. As is I think they would want to do China first and make sure everything is okay. Were something to go wrong there, it would be far easier for them to fix, warranty etc the problem..then apply the permanent fix before tossing it to us international wolves :p

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #71 of 666
will hifiman dap hm901s meet or beat the new cayin n6 dap player? i already have in hand my new cayin n6. this n6 dap is very very clean,clear and have surprisingly more than enough power to push my fostex th900. i really wanted to buy this hifiman hm901s dap but my money was burning my hands to buy a new dap ASAP!!!! i really needed it for my everyday portable rig. can't live without it. i am still interested in the purchase of this dap but would like some advice from some1 who have audition it.let me know head-fiers & thanks in advance.

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #72 of 666
  Anyone else find it probably more than 'just a coincidence' that A&K have released a stainless steel version of the AK240, very soon after the announcement of the HM-901s?

So you're saying the 901s is coming out to compete with the stainless ak240?
wink_face.gif

I doubt there's much of a correlation. They probably had some customers ask for a more durable unit and replied in their familiar manner.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #73 of 666
  So you're saying the 901s is coming out to compete with the stainless ak240?
wink_face.gif

I doubt there's much of a correlation. They probably had some customers ask for a more durable unit and replied in their familiar manner.

LOL - well, it's anyone's guess which way around it might have been (if at all
wink.gif
), but the timing does seem rather strange, and I'm thinking it would take A&K much less time to devise stainless casework for the AK240 than for HiFiMan to more substantially create the revisions to the HM-901 to create the HM-901s, so my (light-hearted) finger wasn't pointing at HiFiMan.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #74 of 666
Can anyone help me decide what product to get? I'm new to this and I'm torn between the HM 901s with two ESS 9018 chips or the Oppo HA-1 with only 1 dac but seems to be a better amplifier. Does 2 dacs really make a difference in sound quality? And, based on the 901, will the 901S have enough power to effortlessly drive my Hifiman HE 500, HD 650, Audeze LCD 2 & X, and the new HE 1000? If it will not get the most out of these headphones, I would rather buy the Oppo HA-1 that will be able to drive these headphones. I've read on other reviews that the HA-1 was able to drive many headphones effortlessly. They're about the same price too! Any suggestions or comments are welcomed. Thanks!

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #75 of 666
The oppo is a dac/amp not a portable player like the 901, you so are not comparing like for like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back