Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP
May 15, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #541 of 666
  thanks LarsHP for your input, just about to pull the trigger on a second hand 901 w standard card for a very good price - guess that would be something of both worlds...

I have the 901 with balanced, elfidelity balanced and classic II card. The elfidelity is the one with the most extended treble. I like the "old" (and current) balanced card the most. With all three cards the 901 sounds good, the differences are rather small - but since I sometimes use planars, I need the additional power of the balanced cards.

Am sure you will like the 901.

May 15, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #542 of 666
To add on to LarsHP's suggestion: have a look at the HM802S which has been released as counterpart to the 901S. It comes with a default amp card which is supposed to be the same amp unit as the 801. You therefore have the benefit of dual wolfson DAC chips with the same sonic signature as the 801 with less limitations on SD card size and type of files you can play. See: https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/hm802s-portable-player.html

thanks Kiats, had a look at 802s, seems a good bargain, will have to check on that

May 15, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #543 of 666

I have the 901 with balanced, elfidelity balanced and classic II card. The elfidelity is the one with the most extended treble. I like the "old" (and current) balanced card the most. With all three cards the 901 sounds good, the differences are rather small - but since I sometimes use planars, I need the additional power of the balanced cards.

Am sure you will like the 901.

thanks Koolpep, you shed a bit more light on this,occasionally, gambling game...

May 15, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #544 of 666
  thanks Koolpep, you shed a bit more light on this,occasionally, gambling game...

You are welcome!

Also the 901 has this HD / Vintage switch on the side, Vintage slightly (very very slightly) rolls off treble - which can help with bright cans.

So - again - you should be covered 
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #548 of 666
Guys I have a question, which amp card gives the most body to the mid and have less detail retrieval of them all (I've tried angel card but the sound is too slow, I am now using the old balanced card)
thank you

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #550 of 666
Dear fellow 901s owners!

I just bought this amazing sounding brick of art 
o2smile.gif

As I want to listen to it on my daily commute, I need a BELTcase.

I've always used belt cases for my players, but it seems this has not too many approved ones. You can only find the chinese leather ones for 50 bucks. I don't know how those look, or do their job, but even if they are a perfect fit, I think 50 USD is too much for a case. I'm looking for compact camera cases/ pouches now, but I can not try out all the types which seem right in size. So the question is: What case/ pouch are you using to keep this beauty safe and sound?

Best regards!
Attila

P.S.: I've searched the topic, but couldn't find the answer.

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #551 of 666

I use this case which is for a Nintendo DS, if I remember correctly. It contains both the DAP, SD-cards and CIEMs. (I originally bought it for my HM801, but now use it for HM901S.)

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #552 of 666
Normal DS case is perfect size for 901, I also used one with my 801. DS XL is perfect size for DX90 and Mojo, you can find these cases in "Game" in UK for £5

Aug 9, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #553 of 666
Thanks Gents for the advise!

I'll try and find a DS case of my taste.
Btw I buoght a Dörr Yuma camera case size L. This is quite a tight fit (height is a close call), but not bad. There is a little pocket for one additional SD card, BUT, and it's a CAPITAL BUT - although it has two zippers, you can't plug your straight jack in because of its rounded top design. I thought I might mod the case, and make a hole on the top for the jack connector. I'll google it, but if you have any experience how to do such a thing, any description is welcome.

The Dörrs used materials and feel is ok I guess.

Best wishes!
Attila

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #554 of 666
with SHUFFLE option OFF, the filter ALL SONGS in the main menu seems to be not actually playing alphabetically/numerically but rather played by ARTISTS alphabetically then followed by its SONGS alphabetically...

anyone noticed it too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back