Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Apr 23, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #211 of 585
I also think the r2r chip they're using was developed in house and not a pcm chip.
I honestly don`t understand HIfimans product policy concerning DAPs. They keep on bringing out new stuff, while their "old" stuff, which is not old at all, keeps remaining beta. This happened to the R2R2000 and now to the HM1000. It`s just horrible how they always forget doing their homework, especially software wise...

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #212 of 585
I honestly don`t understand HIfimans product policy concerning DAPs. They keep on bringing out new stuff, while their "old" stuff, which is not old at all, keeps remaining beta. This happened to the R2R2000 and now to the HM1000. It`s just horrible how they always forget doing their homework, especially software wise...
The difference now is that this new one uses the same app as the HM1000. So we might see further development of the app.

May 11, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #214 of 585
I finally received my replacement unit for my original HM1000 with a defective Bluetooth module. This one is dead as a doornail, and won't even turn on. I can't believe these clowns are still in business.

May 11, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #215 of 585
I received a completely dead unit as well. They made me make a video and pay for return shipping to them. It was received last week, still no word from hifiman when replacement is going to ship.

May 11, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #216 of 585
I received a completely dead unit as well. They made me make a video and pay for return shipping to them. It was received last week, still no word from hifiman when replacement is going to ship.
Ugh, that sucks. I insisted that they cover return shipping and they complied. Why should I have to pay for their mistake? I did remember them saying that due to COVID, they can only check and process returns every Monday. Chances are, you’ll get a unit sent out later this week.

May 11, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #217 of 585
Ugh, that sucks. I insisted that they cover return shipping and they complied. Why should I have to pay for their mistake? I did remember them saying that due to COVID, they can only check and process returns every Monday. Chances are, you’ll get a unit sent out later this week.
Thanks for the info on return timelines and shipping refund.

Their customer service replies about every 5-7 days so Mondays processing of returns seems right in line.

I guess their quality control team only checks units manufactured on Fridays....🙃

May 11, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #218 of 585
It genuinely breaks my heart to hear all this. I know how frustrating it is as it happened to me.
This is one of the reason why I advocate and share my impressions via PM as I'm too scared to share my very positive impression of hm1000, and members end up buying a product which is DOA.

May 11, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #219 of 585
It genuinely breaks my heart to hear all this. I know how frustrating it is as it happened to me.
This is one of the reason why I advocate and share my impressions via PM as I'm too scared to share my very positive impression of hm1000, and members end up buying a product which is DOA.
Hey, it’s not your fault. You have absolutely nothing to do with the crazy QC issues plaguing this particular product. And on the basis of sound quality alone, you’re right to recommend it, as it sounds fantastic (when it, you know, turns on). But we’re learning the hard way that this is an extremely inconsistent company, and you can see drastically different experiences from one customer to the next. That’s a big problem that HIFIMAN needs to address.

May 12, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #221 of 585
Hey, it’s not your fault. You have absolutely nothing to do with the crazy QC issues plaguing this particular product. And on the basis of sound quality alone, you’re right to recommend it, as it sounds fantastic (when it, you know, turns on). But we’re learning the hard way that this is an extremely inconsistent company, and you can see drastically different experiences from one customer to the next. That’s a big problem that HIFIMAN needs to address.
Unfortunately this has been my experience with a lot of (but not all) Chinese audio companies. Maybe due to market pressure they keep on rushing out with new products, without actually making sure everything is thought through and works properly. And instead of fixing issues with existing products and offering after purchase support, products just get developed newly, meaning former products get kind of thrown away.

May 14, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #222 of 585
Yes, it can be. When playing via Hifiman app, all other BT connection will be disabled until the app connection is closed, in that case, hm1000 acts as a BT receiver.

I'm very happy with HM1000 sound. Recently I had a chance to demo the M8. What a wonderful DAP Shanling M8 is, but I ended up liking HM1000 more.

My biggest annoyance with HM1000 and LP P6 is lack of gapless playback.
Wow, HM1000 red kill M8... what did you prefer?
It cost 599$, such a bargain to use with a smartphone/iPhone!

May 14, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #224 of 585
Do you know differences between black and red?

May 14, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #225 of 585
Do you know differences between black and red?
Red uses 2x PCM1702 chips, black uses 2x PCM1704k chips (these chips are out of production, so rarer and more expensive, and apparently better than the 1702 chips)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back