Hifiman HM1000: Worlds first Quad PCM 1704 DAP
Sep 28, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #107 of 585
Oct 4, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #108 of 585
That's my little vid shown above. I've had 2 weeks with the HM1000 Gold now. I've had it working as a DAP, of sorts, by bluetoothing from the SD Card to the HifiMan Remote App on my phone. I've had it doing standard bluetooth from my phone and I've done OTG and as a DAC from my laptop. It is still under development in terms of the app. It takes some time to load the files from the card wirelessly but I hope that'll be sorted soon. It's pretty amazing in the sound stakes, but you've guessed I'd have said that due ti the retail tag they'll be putting on this when it goes on sale Worldwide

Oct 4, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #109 of 585
That's my little vid shown above. I've had 2 weeks with the HM1000 Gold now. I've had it working as a DAP, of sorts, by bluetoothing from the SD Card to the HifiMan Remote App on my phone. I've had it doing standard bluetooth from my phone and I've done OTG and as a DAC from my laptop. It is still under development in terms of the app. It takes some time to load the files from the card wirelessly but I hope that'll be sorted soon. It's pretty amazing in the sound stakes, but you've guessed I'd have said that due ti the retail tag they'll be putting on this when it goes on sale Worldwide
They have actually developed a fairly competent app that lets you browse the internal files on the HM1000. I don't use the wireless file update as it took too long, easiest is the otg update.

My only issue with it was the Bluetooth not working. I literally had to place my phone on top of hm1000 for me to get a stable connection. It was fine for navigating the Hm1000, but I pay for deezer HiFi and love to stream new music to it.

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #110 of 585
They have actually developed a fairly competent app that lets you browse the internal files on the HM1000. I don't use the wireless file update as it took too long, easiest is the otg update.

My only issue with it was the Bluetooth not working. I literally had to place my phone on top of hm1000 for me to get a stable connection. It was fine for navigating the Hm1000, but I pay for deezer HiFi and love to stream new music to it.
Was your WiFi turned on on your phone? When it was searching for a WiFi signal I got lots of drop outs. I turned it off and it was fine

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #113 of 585

There is one thing I was wondering: (Why) is the remote app not displaying the cover art of the tracks? Because I thought one of the main points of this way of navigating is you can use the big and brilliant phone screen (also according to Hifiman marketing)?

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #114 of 585
We just published our Hifiman HM1000 Review with some comparison work to the R2R2000 and Chord Hugo 2.

https://headfonics.com/hifiman-hm1000-review/

1602242107377.png

Oct 13, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #117 of 585
How/where did you buy it? I asked hifiman and they told me its not ready for purchasing as of yet.
Xianyu. You can't buy it outright yet, but through taobao you can "upgrade" your red R2R2000 to a HM1000. I happened to check xianyu, which is taobao 2nd hand (excellent market for used audio gear btw). Found a red HM1000 that was almost unused, and snagged it.
If you want to get a new red HM1000 right now, you can buy a red R2R2000, and then upgrade it.

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #118 of 585
it arrived today. Too early for detailed impressions but I have been listening for the last few minutes so I can provide some super initial impressions.
Listening with a shouer EJ07 over 4.4mm balanced - warm/neutral tone with deep bass extension, wide imaging and loose "analog" sound. Treble is present but not over-emphasized, with no obvious roll-off. I'm using the device as a bt receiver for now, and compared to other bt devices I've owned, it's no real comparison. Closest in terms of SQ is the ylm b2, which has a AKM4497 dac and produces a warm, bass-rich tone as well. But the b2 has narrower imaging & more prominent treble roll-off.
From what I read about the earlier red R2R2000, it apparently also had an obvious treble roll-off, as well as an audible noise-floor. Neither of those are an issue with this device.
While I'm cautious to comment much on SQ I can definitely comment on aesthetics. It's absolutely beautiful to hold and look at, like a piece of art. I mean at this price-point, I'd hope you would get something well-engineered, but damn, it's beautiful. Only negatives I can see are it's a finger-print magnet, it's quite heavy, and the smoked glass, while beautiful, make me nervous to handle the device without a case. I have a leather case on the way and I hope I don't accidentally drop this brick before it arrives.
Anyway, suffice to say, I'm pleased. But I need more time to get over this honey-moon phase, and give some better "real world use" impressions.
Until then, here are some pics -
fj3HuF8.jpg

mLVPTJn.jpg

KbT45et.jpg

B8iYWdT.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #120 of 585
Very good. I saw an earlier post that said bt signal is weak. That is not my personal experience. With my HM1000 in one pocket, and my smartphone in the other, I have not experienced a single drop out. I haven't tested it to see how far I can walk away from it. But the fact it can transmit well through clothes is my litmus test. I have owned several bt dacs (ylm b2 for instance) that can't effectively do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back