HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Apr 26, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #2,537 of 3,445
Thanks for the answers guys.

It was like no battery inside the device. Even if it turns on, it was turning off when I remove the charger. A curious friend of mine opened the back (again) and I think he placed everything firm and somehow problem is gone.

It is turning on and off at the moment. I am burning it in 
smile.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #2,538 of 3,445
I find the new battery lasts longer, I can't say how much, I haven't paid attention but it does well. The charging system is easy and straight forward. The light goes out when done but I will charge and use as the same time and have never had a problem. The new charging system and battery run just about cool so no heat issues as in the past. 

Faster charge I am not sure as the adapter is a lower mA so I would think better managed for battery life and overall functionality. 
Agreed and regarding the hotness is also depend on which card u using. In short, it look like it run slightly cooler then before.

Rgds

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2,540 of 3,445
I don't think its out yet, keep an eye on Head Direct

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #2,541 of 3,445
I already had a battery upgrade a few months ago but still have the old charger. Is this yet again another battery?

The new battery should have bar code sticker and a ribbon for pulling out the battery.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #2,543 of 3,445
All Head Fi memberships should come with free Chinese lessons!

It's odd that the dock is not out yet, as I saw pictures of it over a year ago I am sure.
Personally I won't get one, can't see it beating my M-DAC

But I am happy to be proved wrong about this.

I can't seem to find any about the new digital chip filter function in the latest firmware release
What is it for - the dock?
Is it meant to make a difference when using the 901 as a normal DAP?
What is the point of it?

thanks

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #2,544 of 3,445
I listen mostly to ISOs rips conv.to dff and I feel the 1.085 final V3 plays them better. I also hear a difference between gain modes. I have felt the low gain too low and the high to high (with balanced amp., trrs Jh13 with silver moon cable). Now the low gain - seems to me - went little bit higher and that level I find very well setup.
But the cracks from DAC are much more pronounced (even if I use the function wheel while listening to music - all steps have cracks. The wheel is loose and sometimes points cursor to the wrong direction, but that is hw fault).
Now I come to the "digital filter" switch: when is set to ON, there are no cracks at all, even in the attenuator I don't hear cracks. But the music may lose some detail and space. But I may be wrong here, just my feeling. But cracks are gone with the filter ON.
In every case I prefer to have it switched OFF.

I don't understand BTW why they don't offer an car adapter for 12V. Its totally useless in my mobile home. Using an 12-110/220V convertor would drain completely my batteries while camping (have only solar panels and EFOY generator). Have the engine started for charging Hifiman is quite annoying.

Apr 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #2,545 of 3,445
  I can't seem to find any about the new digital chip filter function in the latest firmware release
What is it for - the dock?
Is it meant to make a difference when using the 901 as a normal DAP?
What is the point of it?

It is called a "digital bypass filter" actually.

No, it is not a dock specific function but something that is already built into every ES9018. Hifiman has chosen to disable it early on as they have opted for analog filter instead, which they firmly believe is better sounding. But someone who heard the digital bypass filter enabled beta firmware thought the filter makes HM901 sounds more analog, and should have been offered as an option, and therefore Hifiman now enable it in the new firmware as an option.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #2,546 of 3,445
thanks for the replies.

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,550 of 3,445
I am still confused. Would you give an example of how to use it.

You connect the HM901 to a source (say, a CD player) with SPDIF output and uses the HM901 as an external DAC/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back