HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Jul 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #782 of 3,445
I'm using these:

It supports exFat for storing/accessing music. However, you need a smaller card in FAT32 for firmware upgrades, probably to avoid sd card stability issues causing firmware to corrupt and bricking it.

I organised music by Root> Category > Artists > Albums

It supports embedded album art or a jpg file in the folder.

Enjoy!

The guys from stereodesk told me that expect to shipping mine next Friday. So I'm looking for a sd card for it. I'm thinking about this one for storage http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=LXLSD128CTBNA600 What do you think guys? I'm just thinking in the fastest one. Or could be better a smaller capacity? Also I read about the need to have an extra card in fat32 for firmware upgrades. I suppose that for that purpose 8 gb is enough, am I right? Could it be even smaller, like 1 gb?

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #783 of 3,445
The guys from stereodesk told me that expect to shipping mine next Friday. So I'm looking for a sd card for it. I'm thinking about this one for storage http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=LXLSD128CTBNA600 What do you think? I'm just thinking in the fastest one. Or could be better a smaller capacity? Also I read about the need to gave an extra card in fat32 for firmware upgrades. I suppose that for that purpose 8 gb is enough, am I right? Could it be even smaller, like 1 gb?

Lexar should be fine. I haven't used it myself but have read from chinese forum it works tho a bit more expensive. The kingston I got for less than $99 in the local computer mall. The card for firmware update can be as small as 256mb as the firmware file is less than 40mb.

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #784 of 3,445
Quote:
The guys from stereodesk told me that expect to shipping mine next Friday. So I'm looking for a sd card for it. I'm thinking about this one for storage http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=LXLSD128CTBNA600 What do you think? I'm just thinking in the fastest one. Or could be better a smaller capacity? Also I read about the need to gave an extra card in fat32 for firmware upgrades. I suppose that for that purpose 8 gb is enough, am I right? Could it be even smaller, like 1 gb?

Um, you heard next Friday as in the 9th?? I was told they were receiving their first batch on the 24th... 

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #785 of 3,445
Um, you heard next Friday as in the 9th?? I was told they were receiving their first batch on the 24th... 

They told me via email "this week" and "Friday", so I assume that is the 2nd
. This is the text of the email:

Hi Fernando,

The HM901s are out this week and I expect to ship them Friday.  The docks however are lagging behind.  If you would like, I can send you
the HM-901 first, or we can wait and ship them together.  (the docks could be another month or more)

Just let me know what you'd prefer to do.

All the best,

Fred

Jul 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #786 of 3,445
Lexar should be fine. I haven't used it myself but have read from chinese forum it works tho a bit more expensive. The kingston I got for less than $99 in the local computer mall. The card for firmware update can be as small as 256mb as the firmware file is less than 40mb.
I like the Lexar cos in amazon all reviews are 5 stars and the 4 reviews of 1 or 2 stars are for wrong item for a vendor that doesn't appear anymore. Thanks for the advice. Ordering.

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #787 of 3,445
ACGears said they should be receiving the HM-901's tomorrow the 1st. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #788 of 3,445
That Lexar card is 90MB/s! It's as fast as the Toshiba card the guys in the HDP-R10 thread were testing and said sounded better/best. Allegedly because it has less jitter. (The ones they tested were mSD cards of course and it's a different DAP, but better safe than sorry IMO.)

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #789 of 3,445
So what's the first 3 tracks you're goin to listen too or did listen too on the momentous occasion when you got the HM-901 in your hot little hands?

For me it's gonna be
1- Tipper "Broken Spectre" from the album - Broken Soul Jamboree
2- Bjork "Cosmogony" from the album - Biophillia
3- Robert Plant and Allison Krauss "Polly Come Home - from the album - Raising Sand

These songs are an absolute audiophile delicacy.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #790 of 3,445
Quote:
So what's the first 3 tracks you're goin to listen too or did listen too on the momentous occasion when you got the HM-901 in your hot little hands?

I think that I would be re-playing what I listened the day before just cos I would be familiar with the material. But taking the question like the "ideal" best tracks to test the player I would say:

1. "Chan Chan" from the album Buena Vista Social Club specially to check the detail from the Compay Segundo voice in the background.
2. "Sorrow" - Pink Floyd in the version of the live album PULSE, to check the guitar intro, which has a extreme wide sound, and for the overall sound of the album.
3. "Giorgio by Moroder" - Daft Punk from their new album Random Access Memories, cos I love the track specially the second part when it becomes really intense and I'd really love to see how well the player can handle it.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #791 of 3,445
I think that I would be re-playing what I listened the day before just cos I would be familiar with the material. But taking the question like the "ideal" best tracks to test the player I would say:

1. "Chan Chan" from the album Buena Vista Social Club specially to check the detail from the Compay Segundo voice in the background.
2. "Sorrow" - Pink Floyd in the version of the live album PULSE, to check the guitar intro, which has a extreme wide sound, and for the overall sound of the album.
3. "Giorgio by Moroder" - Daft Punk from their new album Random Access Memories, cos I love the track specially the second part when it becomes really intense and I'd really love to see how well the player can handle it.

Giorgio by Moroder is definitely one of my favorites from the new album, it's just so soothing.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #794 of 3,445

Users who are viewing this thread

Back