HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Mar 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #466 of 673
For anyone curious:

My new ampie is deliverie..am happie papy!!!

I will open up new thread in the next few weeks for anyone interested to know more
wink.gif

give the link here for this new thread, looks very interesting 

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #467 of 673
Mar 8, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #468 of 673
Like it so far?

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #469 of 673
Mar 8, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #472 of 673
Hey everybody, I've been enjoying my recently purchased He-500 very much but the stock cable has started to annoy me. Are there any good replacement options that won't break the bank? (Preferably under $100)

Found this, looks pretty nice and is right on the border of my budget:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-headphone-cable-version-2-3-5-6-35-balanced-rsa-5ft-15ft-many-color-/221372985710?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item338adbb16e

Also considering BTG Audio (sent an email already), but Brian's swamped according to his website though they have some pretty cool looking alternatives. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #473 of 673
  Hey everybody, I've been enjoying my recently purchased He-500 very much but the stock cable has started to annoy me. Are there any good replacement options that won't break the bank? (Preferably under $100)

Found this, looks pretty nice and is right on the border of my budget:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIFIMAN-headphone-cable-version-2-3-5-6-35-balanced-rsa-5ft-15ft-many-color-/221372985710?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item338adbb16e

Also considering BTG Audio (sent an email already), but Brian's swamped according to his website though they have some pretty cool looking alternatives. 

I just finished making two (long and shorter) using Mogami W2799 and Neutrik NP3X phone plugs.  They sound at least as good as my expensive aftermarket cable (really need to list that thing).  I enjoy the DIY placebo effect 
wink.gif
  They are the first two cables I've ever made (also made an AKG cable out of the same).  I'm a fairly inexperienced solderer.  So, if you're at all DIY inclined, that option will save you a lot of money.  Not a terribly difficult project, and you can desolder/resolder as often as you make mistakes, and keep using the same parts.  Being methodical will save you those problems, though (now I tell me!).

HTH.

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #474 of 673

I just finished making two (long and shorter) using Mogami W2799 and Neutrik NP3X phone plugs.  They sound at least as good as my expensive aftermarket cable (really need to list that thing).  I enjoy the DIY placebo effect 
wink.gif
  They are the first two cables I've ever made (also made an AKG cable out of the same).  I'm a fairly inexperienced solderer.  So, if you're at all DIY inclined, that option will save you a lot of money.  Not a terribly difficult project, and you can desolder/resolder as often as you make mistakes, and keep using the same parts.  Being methodical will save you those problems, though (now I tell me!).

HTH.

Wow, I can see what you mean about saving money. I think I'll look into DIY'ing a cable (may just look into using the same materials you listed :p). My dad knows plenty about soldering, I guess he can teach me. Thanks for the recommendation ThurstonX!

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #476 of 673
The HE-5 was first. Then 5LE, then 6 then 500 and finally 400. Not sure when the dynamic 300 came in.
Not sure about the 4 either but I assume after 6.
5 was definitely first.

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #477 of 673
  Which of the HE series were first released by Hifiman? Which was the absolute first set of HP/IEM by HF (not counting Head-Direct Jade)?

Pre-HiFiMan and Head-Direct, Dr. Fang was operating under the name HE-Audio, and the only headphone under that name was the Jade.  I think he worked on some others before that, but I can't find any history of it...the Jade was his first 'solo' can and it was heavily influenced by the HE90.  So, technically for the HE series the HE-5 was the first.  I believe their first IEM was the RE-1.

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #479 of 673
The HE-5 was first. Then 5LE, then 6 then 500 and finally 400. Not sure when the dynamic 300 came in.
Not sure about the 4 either but I assume after 6.
5 was definitely first.

Yep HE5.. It was his only real woody also (except for the jade) until now..after that he went to plastic cups.
Hey wait..i have a he5.. Does that mean i can put it in a museum? :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back