HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Feb 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #242 of 673
My kids are 30 and I like your dad am a head banger. But my kids hot hooked on that rap garbage. I could of showed them so much.

Al

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #243 of 673
My kids are 30 and I like your dad am a head banger. But my kids hot hooked on that rap garbage. I could of showed them so much.

Al

I'm 24 and I listen eveything. From R.E.M and Eric Clapton to 2Pac and B.o.B, just because it's rap it doesn't mean it's garbage. Your parents probably thought the same of Rock 'N Roll back in the day 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #244 of 673
for sure their parents didnt like those peeeeep beatles..those were the natural enemy of the parents..back in the 60ties....hehehe

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #245 of 673
It goes a little deeper in this and I like some rap like biggie .

Al

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #247 of 673
  I'm 24 and I listen eveything. From R.E.M and Eric Clapton to 2Pac and B.o.B, just because it's rap it doesn't mean it's garbage. Your parents probably thought the same of Rock 'N Roll back in the day 
rolleyes.gif

+1

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #250 of 673
Old school hip-hop  can sound bad with HE-500s and up IMO, they aren't the best produced music and recording artifacts can be heard quite clearly. I hear it in about 75% of my hip-hop music recorded 98 and below. Underground hip-hop is recorded much better and benefits from such a headphone.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #252 of 673
Proud owner of an HE-500 with Yulong DA8 as both a DAC and Amp:

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #253 of 673

quote:

The new velour Pads are different not only in the mounting mechanism, but I find the material used for the velour pads are also slightly different. The cloth is smoother and has a finer grain, and likewise the driver cover material is of a different, higher quality material than the old standard velour pads. I’ve taken some close up shot of the old and new velour pads so you can compare the differences.
The sound of the new velour takes on the basics of the old velour pads and improve it further. Yes, if you’ve been enjoying your Hifiman headphone with the original velour pads and you don’t really want to change its sound signature, the new velour is the pads for you. Not only is it more comfortable, but the sound improvement is very real. The tonal balance is mostly alike to the old velour, but this time you get a slight boost in midrange body and even more body on the low frequencies which is just nice. Treble is more or less the same, retaining most of the same airy sound that the old velour has, but perhaps one percent less bright. Now those changes, along with the more comfortable material already makes this new velour a good upgrade, but what I find to be amazing is how the new velour changes the sound to be more three dimensional. Yes! You read that correctly. More 3D! I don’t know how a different cloth material makes the sound more 3D, but as I’ve said, the right pads on a headphone is like the right acoustic treatment in a room. With the new velour pads, the Hifiman headphones have a much improved layering now, whereas they are pretty flat before. Add the beefier bass and mids, and the improved comfort of the new pads, I don’t think I’ll ever be going back to the old pads.

hope this answered ur question

Hmm sounds interesting I might have to get a set of them new pads for my HE 4

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #254 of 673
Hello,
Can someone with the HE-400 recommends some songs that make your headphone WOW??

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #255 of 673
  Hello,
Can someone with the HE-400 recommends some songs that make your headphone WOW??

http://www.head-fi.org/t/142023/songs-that-make-your-headphone-wooooow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back