HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Feb 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #151 of 673
Phillyd

Found thread for he300 :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564083/hifiman-he-300-coming-soon

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #152 of 673
Proud member.

I have the thin silver coated copper cable for my HE-300's. If anyone has the thicker black cable or another cable they'd be willing to trade, I'd be interested.

Anyone tried the felt removal mod for the HE-300? It's intention is to balance the sound, but it seemed to just eliminate the bass for me. I immediately put the felt pad back over the driver.

I removed the felt. I prefer them this way. In fact i was pretty disappointed by the sound at first. I felt like there was a ... well imagine a blanket over it, dulling the sound and making the mids to prominent. I much prefer the HE-300 without that felt.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #155 of 673
Phillyd

Found thread for he300 :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564083/hifiman-he-300-coming-soon

Thanks! Added!

Proud member

I removed the felt. I prefer them this way. In fact i was pretty disappointed by the sound at first. I felt like there was a ... well imagine a blanket over it, dulling the sound and making the mids to prominent. I much prefer the HE-300 without that felt.

I'll have to try no felt + the stock velour pads. I though they sounded a bit veiled at first too. But after adding leatherette pads, it seemed to "trap" a bit more of the treble in. I'm not exactly a treble lover either.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #157 of 673
Nice looking cans! Idk if I could handle the angled pads though.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #158 of 673
Proud new HE 4 member, I've not posted a pic of mine yet. I might to that today actually as my Blog could use a pic

That said, I love the sound of the HE 4 and it's stock Velours, but the stock pads are horribly stiff imo. Anything with the same sound but maybe something to increase the clamp force and a touch softer? I want the same HE 4 sound but with a tighter grip, [comfort with stock velours is sufficent]

I might wait around for the new Velours from Hifiman

and speaking of heaviliy modded cans :3, I'm getting a MonkeyNutz Wood Houseing for my HE 4, along with [hopefully] a Mini XLR 3 Pin Auzde Style connector and Custom made Azude Balanced cable [have to use 4pin Xlr termination at the end though] 

So :D I hope to have one of the more more heaviliy modded HE cans ;3, won't be competeing with the HE 5 Code X some one posted at the start of the thread >.> but maybe one day I will! 

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #159 of 673
Which pad are these?!! I want to try thick angled pads :ph34r:

Am sorry...but These are custommade just for this headphone by the builder i understand..but u can try lawton or akg 701 pads i understand if u want to try angled pads on ur hifiman :wink:

.. not sure, but if I remember right, I recently read on headfi that pads for the AH D7000 would fit to the 400 and the guy also mentioned that Lawton had angled pads for the 7000 which he was using. I guess it was in one of the 400's reviews, you might check it out....

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #162 of 673
@phillyd

i changed my input into the google form..its wasnt correct..my code-x is not just a black woody..its modified very intensively on the inside also (just like the paradox is a modified version of the fostex t50rp)
so pls edit
thanks

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #163 of 673
It seems I have an entry I submitted by accident. Would like to have it deleted. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back