HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #1,171 of 2,647
Hmm. Well, neither my Eikon pads nor my Alpha pads are perforated. I guess I'll add some Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads to the list, too. The fully fenestrated Dekonis look like they attenuate some of the sub-bass, which, no, gimme all dat bass. The hybrids look to almost imperceptibly alter the sound and are at least fenestrated on the inside, so I guess those are the ones to get.
I'm using DCA Ether angled pads - solid lambskin. Solved for the crinkle problem by sticking a little tube between the pad and the frame on each - that lets air move in and out of the pads w/o creating suction on the drivers. Was recommended in this thread a while back.

Butt-ugly pic for reference:

IMG_3572.jpg

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #1,174 of 2,647
I'm using DCA Ether angled pads - solid lambskin. Solved for the crinkle problem by sticking a little tube between the pad and the frame on each - that lets air move in and out of the pads w/o creating suction on the drivers. Was recommended in this thread a while back.

Why butt ugly? It's a cool idea to stash hundred dollar bills behind your earpads :wink:

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #1,175 of 2,647
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,176 of 2,647

IMG_3572.jpg
I tried more Hifiman headphones and always I liked the sound of stock pads more. Now it is the same with HE6se V2. I have velours and a few new Dekoni pads, but for me the original palipads sounds best. And there is the mentioned problem with driver crinkles when using Dekoni pads. It will also increase the size and depth of pads, which means you have to adjust headband too much and it can be problem for people with big head as there could be not enough place for adjusting.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #1,177 of 2,647
Tried another cable now, nothing. Like I didn't connect it any thing. Not even a click.
Update?
Considering HE6se for next phone but I want to know how smooth returns and repairs are considering the number of driver failures mentioned on forums and regular quantities of broken units available for sale on Adorma.

Speaking of which, why does Adorama sell broken units? Hifiman will not repair them under warranty (i know because i asked hfm). Hifiman doesnt consider them as manufacturer defect so they are not covered. They are returned units so HFM cannot be certain that failure was actually caused by damage from a carrier, or the short-term owner, etc. Reasonable but weird that Adorama sells them. Who buys them?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #1,178 of 2,647
this is just to inform peopl budget amps that play well with the he6se. i got an aliexpress

WEILIANG AUDIO deluxe 933 power amplifier​

i think is sounds excelent , its got full sound , detailed , spacious , theres bass as well . im using speaker taps and soncoz sgd1.
i was using a smsl ao200 class d before this - its more of an in your face slam amp .

i used burson soloist xp before but i dunno sold it

way back i had he6 and nelson pass f1j best combo ever
this combo now with the aliexpress is not bad at all for $230 bucks plus shipping .

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,179 of 2,647
Update?
Considering HE6se for next phone but I want to know how smooth returns and repairs are considering the number of driver failures mentioned on forums and regular quantities of broken units available for sale on Adorma.

Speaking of which, why does Adorama sell broken units? Hifiman will not repair them under warranty (i know because i asked hfm). Hifiman doesnt consider them as manufacture defect so they are not covered. They are returned units so HFM cannot be certain that failure was actually caused by damage from a carrier, or the short-term owner, etc. Reasonable but weird that Adorama sells them. Who buys them?
Does it apply to open box or also new units sold by Adorama at the discount price?
I am surprised that HFM does not honor warranty on their own product, speaks volume about the manufacturer.

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #1,180 of 2,647
Does it apply to open box or also new units sold by Adorama at the discount price?
I am surprised that HFM does not honor warranty on their own product, speaks volume about the manufacturer.
Adorama sells 'used' units on it's website noting that there is a broken driver. These are useful if you have an out of warranty HE6SE with a broken driver. You can buy one of these, take off 'good' driver from the set you bought and replace the broken one on your set.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #1,181 of 2,647
Adorama sells 'used' units on it's website noting that there is a broken driver. These are useful if you have an out of warranty HE6SE with a broken driver. You can buy one of these, take off 'good' driver from the set you bought and replace the broken one on your set.
That is kind of nice option. Plus you get to salvage the other parts too for your other broken Hifimans.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #1,182 of 2,647
Just the open box units described as having malfunctioning drivers. You can usually find Adorama having 1-2 units available. Unfortunately, the prices arent low enough for you to buy two sets, match drivers, and come out ahead or even (considering discount price on new units).

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #1,183 of 2,647
Surely if you're mismatching drivers there's potential for a volume imbalance towards one side or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back