HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Oct 1, 2021 at 1:55 AM Post #106 of 2,647
Oct 1, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #107 of 2,647
I would call these a definite buy at $599.00. That is also what I paid for my Focal Elex's. Both work out to about $1K, landed in Canada. That has been my upper limit for headphones so far. Anything past that I will likely buy used.
$599? I got the v1 at $699 and consider that a very good deal. If $699 is very good for the v1, than $899 would be the same for the v2. It could be a signal that they are running low on stock, I may have to buy one right away. Don't they list the units left? Let me see - no.

They also advertise the 560 v4 for $899. Please. The v2 crushes that (not to mention the HE-500).

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #108 of 2,647
$599? I got the v1 at $699 and consider that a very good deal. If $699 is very good for the v1, than $899 would be the same for the v2. It could be a signal that they are running low on stock, I may have to buy one right away. Don't they list the units left? Let me see - no.

They also advertise the 560 v4 for $899. Please. The v2 crushes that (not to mention the HE-500).

Once you apply the ?emailPrice=T magic, you see the far more reasonable price for the HE-560 v4 :) -- $239

https://www.adorama.com/hmhe560v4.html?emailPrice=T

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 5.51.25 AM.png

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #109 of 2,647
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #111 of 2,647
I would call these a definite buy at $599.00. That is also what I paid for my Focal Elex's. Both work out to about $1K, landed in Canada. That has been my upper limit for headphones so far. Anything past that I will likely buy used.
$599? I got the v1 at $699 and consider that a very good deal. If $699 is very good for the v1, than $899 would be the same for the v2. It could be a signal that they are running low on stock, I may have to buy one right away. Don't they list the units left? Let me see.

Oct 1, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #112 of 2,647
Dupe

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #113 of 2,647
Ordered for $599 at link shared above in thread.. thx guys!

Oct 8, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #115 of 2,647
Just got mine 1 min ago with in person pick up at the NYC store - what a deal with that link, thanks everyone for sharing!

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #116 of 2,647
Just got mine 1 min ago with in person pick up at the NYC store - what a deal with that link, thanks everyone for sharing!
Enjoy them... I just got a pair of Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin pads delivered for them today. Huge improvement in comfort.

I will probably be ordering a new cable for the 6SE soon. This cable is such a joke. Any recommendations from anyone on cables they like with these?

Finally got my EQ figured out as well... still making some small tweaks, but I used the oratory1900 PEQ as a starting point and it has been a game changer.

I am also using a bit of crossfeed as well. I don't normally use crossfeed, but it really helps with the 6SE after the grill removal.

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #117 of 2,647
Enjoy them... I just got a pair of Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin pads delivered for them today. Huge improvement in comfort.

I will probably be ordering a new cable for the 6SE soon. This cable is such a joke. Any recommendations from anyone on cables they like with these?

Finally got my EQ figured out as well... still making some small tweaks, but I used the oratory1900 PEQ as a starting point and it has been a game changer.

I am also using a bit of crossfeed as well. I don't normally use crossfeed, but it really helps with the 6SE after the grill removal.

I unboxed an hour ago, and the first thing I noticed was the horrible cable. I'm used to all stock cables of even for the most expensive headphones to be below par - but this is a new record in how horrendous a cable can be. I didn't even plug it in, just left it in the box and put it away in the top of my closet.

Instead, I plugged the cable I use for my Arya - the Forza Claire Hybrid HPC - which fits well and seems to works great

I have no idea how long of a burn-in these headphones need, and how long it will take for my brain to adjust to them, but this cable seems to be great for them

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #118 of 2,647

@cwoo - are the pads safely removable by simply pulling them out? (just making sure I understand the system before I try)

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #119 of 2,647
@cwoo - are the pads safely removable by simply pulling them out? (just making sure I understand the system before I try)
The pads aren't glued on or anything which is nice. They have these little tabs on the pad that make it fairly easy to remove.

This is a good video which shows the grill mod, cable swapping, and pad swapping:

Oct 8, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #120 of 2,647
The pads aren't glued on or anything which is nice. They have these little tabs on the pad that make it fairly easy to remove.

This is a good video which shows the grill mod, cable swapping, and pad swapping:

excellent, thx!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back