HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Mar 7, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #826 of 2,701
My second best option was the Monoprice Liquid Platinum. Tons of power, but it needed EQ and I added the Schiit Loki.
To me, that was an 8 pushing 8.5.
To me, the Pro iCAN is a 9 pushing 9.5.
I'm currently running the HE6 v2 off the liquid platinum. I agree that the amp has a lot of power and the headphone sounds pretty good but I think there are other amps that might be better suited to driving these in terms of pairing. I feel in terms of synergy, the liquid platinum works better with dynamics like my HD 600 and Aeolus. Happy listening! :)

Mar 7, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #827 of 2,701
Probably best to just RMA it while you can instead of trying to fix it yourself and potentially causing damage the warranty won't cover. I'm all about DIY, but if there's a warranty you can take advantage of, you may as well.
Adorama told me to contact Hifiman, Waiting for an answer from HM.

Mar 7, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #828 of 2,701
I can empathize. They’ll make it right eventually but you’ll most likely have to jump through some hoops. I sent them images of both of the drivers as well as multiple shots of the headphone. It seemed like they wanted to see if I modded my pair.

I paid my own shipping there (was past 30 day return period) but luckily, I live relatively close to shipment destination. When the defective pair got to their “warehouse”, apparently Hifiman employee checks the returns only once a week, due to COVID (not saying it makes sense but whatever - it’s their policy).

When I received the replacement, it arrived with a stuck driver on the same side. I couldn’t believe it…..well I actually can, sadly.

After another email with attached images of the driver, they apologized profusely and offered palipads as token of their apology. I said, whatever (I already have two pairs) and after shipping it back again (this time using their return label) and waiting on their employee who works once a week, I finally received a correctly working pair…..without the palipads lol. After hearing the glorious sounds coming out of the proper HE6V2, I didn’t care.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #829 of 2,701
Thanks for the last 2 posts. I have been back and forth about getting a pair but this is enough for me to basically refuse even at $549. I am not down for that hifiman dance to get a good pair after paying shipping and waiting forever.

Mar 8, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #830 of 2,701
I'm currently running the HE6 v2 off the liquid platinum. I agree that the amp has a lot of power and the headphone sounds pretty good but I think there are other amps that might be better suited to driving these in terms of pairing. I feel in terms of synergy, the liquid platinum works better with dynamics like my HD 600 and Aeolus. Happy listening! :)
I loved my LP with my Elex's, HD660's and Sundara's.
Now three of the four pieces are gone.:relaxed:

Mar 8, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #831 of 2,701
Mar 8, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #832 of 2,701

How old were they?

I realize you didn't ask me, but the woman I spoke to at Hifiman support sounded like she was on a cellphone on the street in China. If I had to guess I would say she was around 30 or so. Not sure why that matters but since we're friends I figured I would answer as best as I could.

:D

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #833 of 2,701
Got some cables to replace the used catheter that comes with the HE6. First one is copper, second is silver-plated litz. Great cables for the money.

1646731281947.png

1646731296515.png

Mar 8, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #834 of 2,701
just wanted to say after more people reported there he6se has stuck drivers....I once against checked mine and what do you know....I have a stuck driver now when it was fine a few months ago....at least its still in warranty period as I have only owned it for 8 months

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #838 of 2,701
Thanks for the last 2 posts. I have been back and forth about getting a pair but this is enough for me to basically refuse even at $549. I am not down for that hifiman dance to get a good pair after paying shipping and waiting forever.
To be fair, and to Hifiman's credit, they did offer to send the palipads but I said forget it. I asked instead whether they can extend the warranty but they said I should be covered for 2 years from the date of purchase + 3 months for registering. I thought most Hifiman headphones were typical 1 year unless otherwise stated but hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #839 of 2,701
After another email with attached images of the driver, they apologized profusely and offered palipads as token of their apology. I said, whatever (I already have two pairs) and after shipping it back again (this time using their return label) and waiting on their employee who works once a week, I finally received a correctly working pair…..without the palipads lol. After hearing the glorious sounds coming out of the proper HE6V2, I didn’t care.
what a story! I am glad they finally gave you a good pair. What amp do you use with them? What's the palipads?

HM support just emailed me and I have a choice to get something else instead of HE6se. I am leaning towards Edition XS.

How old were they?
I purchased my pair in Dec 2021. I think I had the stuck driver from day 1. And my pair are treble cannons, after 30 mins of listening I have a headache.

Mar 8, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #840 of 2,701
what a story! I am glad they finally gave you a good pair. What amp do you use with them? What's the palipads?

HM support just emailed me and I have a choice to get something else instead of HE6se. I am leaning towards Edition XS.

I purchased my pair in Dec 2021. I think I had the stuck driver from day 1. And my pair are treble cannons, after 30 mins of listening I have a headache.
That sucks! Hopefully HiFiman will look after you. Or this might be a chance for you to back out, if you are debating the amp situation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back