HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Mar 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #766 of 2,701
Do those make a planar crinkle when you put them on?
Not that I’ve experienced. I don’t hear anything when I put them on. Sometimes with no music playing I’ll hear a little metallic zing from either cup, have no idea what that is but it’s probably normal. I’ve been using these every day for over a month now with no issues. Been checking the drivers regularly and no sticking whatsoever

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #767 of 2,701
Well, after a week of burn in, I must say I'm impressed. Even more so with a bit of EQ. These give my Arya's and my LCD-XC's 2021 a run for their money, but cost less than half as much. I'm even starting to think I prefer them to the Arya's. If you are patient and wait for a good deal (like I did on Adorama: $1200 off MSRP) and have the amp to drive them, they're worth having in your collection. The only negative I have other than they are power hungry is that after listening to them for 4 consecutive hours today, I started having a hot spot on the top of my head. Will eventually be looking for a solution to this (dekoni headband pads perhaps?).
I tracked down a secondhand ZMF headband + yokes that work great for mine. No more hotspot. Lots of people have gotten an Audeze carbon fiber headband, but it can be tough finding yokes.

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #768 of 2,701
Mar 1, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #769 of 2,701
Mar 1, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #771 of 2,701
Non fenestrated leather can lead to crinkle and sometimes results in stuck diaphragm.
Perhaps depends on head shape, etc. if pads make tight seal.
I think my stuck diaphragm may have been caused by my DCA solid pads...

Mar 1, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #772 of 2,701
Mar 1, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #773 of 2,701
Well, after a week of burn in, I must say I'm impressed. Even more so with a bit of EQ. These give my Arya's and my LCD-XC's 2021 a run for their money, but cost less than half as much. I'm even starting to think I prefer them to the Arya's. If you are patient and wait for a good deal (like I did on Adorama: $1200 off MSRP) and have the amp to drive them, they're worth having in your collection. The only negative I have other than they are power hungry is that after listening to them for 4 consecutive hours today, I started having a hot spot on the top of my head. Will eventually be looking for a solution to this (dekoni headband pads perhaps?).
Just two Dekoni Nuggets and you will be set.

Mar 2, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #774 of 2,701
There is an easy way to get rid of the driver flex with solid pads on planars, all you have to do is create a small gap in between the pads and the driver housing so the air pressure has somewhere to escape. I've used a small piece of felt right next to the pad tabs that lock in to the headphone , I've seen some people use a straw to achieve the same effect

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #775 of 2,701
I think my ideal pads on these are ZMF Universe Perforated Suede. Soundstage opens up, bass is very present, clarity is wonderful and the comfort is second to none. I like the sound better than the $10 velours and the stock pads, and I don't need to worry about driver flex or even make a port to prevent it.

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #776 of 2,701
I think my ideal pads on these are ZMF Universe Perforated Suede. Soundstage opens up, bass is very present, clarity is wonderful and the comfort is second to none. I like the sound better than the $10 velours and the stock pads, and I don't need to worry about driver flex or even make a port to prevent it.
May we see a picture or two of these beauties? Please?

Mar 3, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #777 of 2,701
May we see a picture or two of these beauties? Please?
IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

Mar 3, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #779 of 2,701
Love the pad suggestion! Has anyone else tried the universe perf suede? I have auteur and eikon perf suede but not a flatter pad like the universe.

Mar 3, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #780 of 2,701
I can believe that. I love the oval suedes on my T60 Argons. They feel little pillows for my ears.:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back