HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Mar 3, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #783 of 2,701
Yup. A good dynamic driver headphones would make sense.

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #784 of 2,701
What would you all suggest as a good complimentary pair to these? I’m enjoying them so much as my main HPs but want to add a new pair to switch off with
A headphone that I really enjoy and is the polar opposite of the HE6se V2's are the LSA HP-2's from Underwood HiFi. It is a closed back, very balanced and Very articulate. I bought these two around the same time and they are very different in how they present music.

If you really want something different...

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #785 of 2,701
A headphone that I really enjoy and is the polar opposite of the HE6se V2's are the LSA HP-2's from Underwood HiFi. It is a closed back, very balanced and Very articulate. I bought these two around the same time and they are very different in how they present music.

If you really want something different...
I hadn't heard about those before so I just looked them up and they look nice. But oh boy is their mobile site sketchy! (the desktop version isn't much better, either) I don't know if I would trust a site like that with so much money... 😬

Mar 3, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #786 of 2,701
I hadn't heard about those before so I just looked them up and they look nice. But oh boy is their mobile site sketchy! (the desktop version isn't much better, either) I don't know if I would trust a site like that with so much money... 😬
They’re legit and their house brand headphones are made by Kennerton. The HP-2 is a rebranded Kennerton Gjallerhorn

Mar 3, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #789 of 2,701
Mar 3, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #790 of 2,701
They’re legit and their house brand headphones are made by Kennerton. The HP-2 is a rebranded Kennerton Gjallerhorn
That's what the product page said. And to be clear, I have no doubt about quality of the headphones or the legitimacy of the company (Kennerton wouldn't do business with them otherwise), more just the security of the site. A site that looks so poor doesn't inspire confidence in keeping payment info safe from a bad actor. But I'm probably just being paranoid 😅

Still is intriguing though, and might make its way onto my shortlist. I've always been curious about Kennerton. I really enjoy planars (especially the He6se) but I've been thinking about trying out some more premium dynamics.

Mar 3, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #792 of 2,701
Do the LSAs require a lot of juice? Wondering if my Hagerman Tuba would power them properly.
Website says they're 33ohm, 116db sensitivity. Could probably power them off a tin of Altoids

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #793 of 2,701
Website says they're 33ohm, 116db sensitivity. Could probably power them off a tin of Altoids
Not even the extra strength Altoids. Tic-tacs even.

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #794 of 2,701
What about Penguin mints? :o2smile: 0303222156.jpg

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #795 of 2,701
What would you all suggest as a good complimentary pair to these? I’m enjoying them so much as my main HPs but want to add a new pair to switch off with
The zmf eikon is a good alternative as well, like the aeolus. Closed back, biocellulose driver, lush and natural tone, tune-able a bit with pads.

Speaking of pads, i'm leaning towards the zmf universe suede perforated pads. I prefer the eikon perf suede on my auteurs and the solid suede on my eikons. Anyone tried these and NOT liked them? Any negatives to the overall sound? The other alternative is the dekoni elite sheepskin fenestrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back