HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jan 21, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #572 of 2,647
I actually use an Elmer's glue stick (the "2x Stronger" version of the purple School Glue) for all of my grilles' pantyhose dust covers. Not very messy, dries clear, easy to apply, and works great as long you don't skimp on the coating. Also, since it's water soluble, it comes right off with a little water.

Jan 21, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #573 of 2,647
With this kind of stuff, usually the bad results come from improper use.

In this case, I would spray the surface of the grill, wait 10 or 15 minutes for it to get tacky, and then lay the fabric down on top and weigh it down with ten or twenty pounds, then leave it for a couple hours or overnight.

If you just spray the stuff on and immediately slap on whatever you're trying to stick to it, you're not going to get great results.

This is the stuff they use to make Muppets, so it's definitely fit for purpose. You just gotta use it right.

Jan 21, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #574 of 2,647
With this kind of stuff, usually the bad results come from improper use.

In this case, I would spray the surface of the grill, wait 10 or 15 minutes for it to get tacky, and then lay the fabric down on top and weigh it down with ten or twenty pounds, then leave it for a couple hours or overnight.

If you just spray the stuff on and immediately slap on whatever you're trying to stick to it, you're not going to get great results.

This is the stuff they use to make Muppets, so it's definitely fit for purpose. You just gotta use it right.
I don't know, accordingly to 3M rep sounds like this is by design.
1642797995358.png

Is this the one antroid recommended?
https://www.amazon.com/Elmers-Multi...PV18IRK/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B00PV18IRK&psc=1

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #575 of 2,647
Yeah, I wouldn't use Super 77 for something like glitter. It's great for joining two surfaces when one or both of them are soft. Like, I've made plenty of boxes where I had to glue foam to wood and then fabric to that foam, and Super 77 has always been stellar for me adhering all those surfaces. For something like glitter, I'd have probably gone with a spray-on polyurethane.

Jan 21, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #576 of 2,647
I ordered my grills today and they shipped today. The vendor says to expect about two weeks to Canada. And now the wait begins.

I am mostly finished buying stuff now and mod fever is taking over. I tried to order some pads for my Elegia today, but they're discontinued (Stellia Ltd. Edition).
I finally ordered these grills and now I am looking at some tubes (WE396a's) for my iFi.:smile:

Jan 21, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #577 of 2,647
I tried to order some pads for my Elegia today, but they're discontinued (Stellia Ltd. Edition).
You are talking about these, I just had them ordered and delivered yesterday, they are not discontinued.

EDIT: But I see that they are out of stock now. may be I just lucked out.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #578 of 2,647
You are talking about these, I just had them ordered and delivered yesterday, they are not discontinued.
I contacted Dekoni today and was told they are done. If you follow the link you sent, they are listed as out of stock. Where did you get yours?

Jan 21, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #579 of 2,647
I contacted Dekoni today and was told they are done. If you follow the link you sent, they are listed as out of stock. Where did you get yours?
Man, should have bought two. :frowning2:
Guess Fenestrated lambskin might be second closest sonically. Stellia pads have very peculiar design.

Jan 21, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #581 of 2,647
Man, should have bought two. :frowning2:
Guess Fenestrated lambskin might be second closest sonically. Stellia pads have very peculiar design.
So they JUST ran out? I have been debating in my head about them for weeks. Sucks to be me, I guess.:rolling_eyes:

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #583 of 2,647
I pulled these out for the first time in a few months, honestly thinking I'd be putting them up for sale... but man do they sound good. Even better than I remember. Topping E50 feeding balanced to THX 789, dial in some sub bass and trim the upper treble a bit via Lokius and they just hit, all the way down to 20 Hz. Still need to do something about the headband but it's just a great complement to my Audezes and HE-500.

Can't listen to these all the time since my house gest noisy but I really need to pull them out more often.

Jan 25, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #584 of 2,647
I pulled these out for the first time in a few months, honestly thinking I'd be putting them up for sale... but man do they sound good. Even better than I remember. Topping E50 feeding balanced to THX 789, dial in some sub bass and trim the upper treble a bit via Lokius and they just hit, all the way down to 20 Hz. Still need to do something about the headband but it's just a great complement to my Audezes and HE-500.

Can't listen to these all the time since my house gest noisy but I really need to pull them out more often.
Agreed over all. But I don't think the brightness in the sound is just in the high treble. 3.6k, 6.8k, 9-10k (very narrow Q) ( from memory) but you also need a boost at 1.9k, a small dip. @ 900 and a double low bass setting. The Lokius can not give the tailor made fit u can get from parametric EQ IMO. The 500 is I agree also great.

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #585 of 2,647
Agreed over all. But I don't think the brightness in the sound is just in the high treble. 3.6k, 6.8k, 9-10k (very narrow Q) ( from memory) but you also need a boost at 1.9k, a small dip. @ 900 and a double low bass setting. The Lokius can not give the tailor made fit u can get from parametric EQ IMO. The 500 is I agree also great.
Yup, that's exactly what I have - cranked 20 Hz, 2-3 db at 120 Hz, 2-3 dB at 2 kHz, down 2-3 at 16 kHz, and occasionally down 2-3 db at 6 kHz depending on my ears that day. I have no illusions about the precision but also have no desire to mess around with digital EQ; the Lokius aligns well with the general areas my headphones benefit from adjustment, so I'm content to just turn some knobs and enjoy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back