HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #2,056 of 2,647
A lot of us do have "average" equipment though. And then when you get to talking about requiring a top level setup to appreciate the improvements more, we move from a ($6,000-$600 if accounting for new) or $5,400 gap difference to a (much) larger one to account for the additional setup cost with a Susvara.
Yeah, I'm with you. Depends where you are with the rest of ones gears to some/more of an extent. BTW I had the Susvara on my Rag 1 and Gumby A1 (retail $3k, used now $1250-1300 - better than some, but no cutting edge system), and the Susvara was better no doubt. But like 6% better. Certainly not cost effective.
Not saying the Susvara isn't great, I haven't heard it and therefore I can't say but the price difference are - in fact - night and day. We are talking about an affordable level vs. something that is out of reach of most or even if it isn't - something many of us wouldn't be willing to spend.

At that level you get more into price is no object type people who only want the best and that is a different market of consumers - a much smaller one.
With the 6 SE/500/HD-600 (w/ OTL) I can't justify a headphone near the list of a Susvara.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #2,057 of 2,647
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #2,058 of 2,647
The 6 SE is like a calf that sucks happiest on the highest current cow it can find - once you are in that league, look for SS Class A. Hybrid tubes perhaps as long as they don't drive them esp. if your source is a digital with an edge.
Flux Volot

Mar 6, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #2,059 of 2,647
3 way tie currently, I follow. My memory was off there, I apologize.
No apology needed friend. I highly recommend the Questyle CMA Twelve from the used market. If I were forced to limit myself to only one amplifier of my collection, I would be keeping the Questyle CMA Twelve. The Twelve consistently either places first or ties for first with my other amplifiers when comparing amps on each of my headphones. The only thing that I would miss would being not able to listen to my Schiit Bifrost 2 OG anymore since the Twelve lacks analog input.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #2,060 of 2,647
Speaking of used, a used iFi Pro iCAN would bring you years of joy with the HE6se V2's. :L3000:
Because of you, I know that a used iFi Pro iCAN will eventually be in my future when I find one at the right price. From the experiences that you have shared, I am certain that it shall be a major amplification upgrade from any solid state amplifier that I currently own.

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #2,062 of 2,647
Mar 6, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #2,063 of 2,647
Speaking of used, a used iFi Pro iCAN would bring you years of joy with the HE6se V2's. :L3000:

Out of curiosity, have you tried Jot2 before? Really want to know how much improvement IFI Pro ICan can be compare to Jot2. Thanks!

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #2,064 of 2,647
Out of curiosity, have you tried Jot2 before? Really want to know how much improvement IFI Pro ICan can be compare to Jot2. Thanks!
Sorry, but I have not.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #2,065 of 2,647
Not sure but a Rag 1 or 1.5 at $625-700 is better than the Jot 2 for the 6 SE.

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #2,066 of 2,647
Even for HE6SE thread it's quite bold.
And the carrot is the sweetest thing. :)
Juat to be clear I was focused on bass - in particular impact - as in the way the 6 screw closes my eyes shut on quick hard transients, none of those others do, only the Phi does, not even the LCD-4 OG quite does the same thing, although the timbre is so good.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #2,067 of 2,647
Because of you, I know that a used iFi Pro iCAN will eventually be in my future when I find one at the right price. From the experiences that you have shared, I am certain that it shall be a major amplification upgrade from any solid state amplifier that I currently own.
Didn't you already have one? Or tried one out?

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #2,068 of 2,647
Didn't you already have one? Or tried one out?
Not yet. I have lots of gear just waiting for some spare time to evaluate and explore over this next year. My next move might be to finally obtain a pair of used Sennheiser HD800S. I also hope to carry out explorations into Stax electrostatics, RAAL-requisite, rejuvinate my vinyl setup and somewhere fit in a used iFi Pro iCAN. To conclude my journey, I hope to liquidate most of my horde of headphone gear and possibly move onto higher-end gear. Excluding tube amps of course. They are here to stay, forever.

Mar 8, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #2,070 of 2,647
Just finished a week with my Cascades. After consulting with my assistant I decided it was time to get back into my V2's.
IFi Pro iCAN set to mid gain, bass boost and 3D cranked up and away we go! :L3000:

20230308_122000~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back