Hifiman HE6-SE
Sep 23, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #3,739 of 3,894
Where can I buy HE 6SE V2 stock pad? I saw 4 of them on hifiman site but none says it's stock pads. If they are not available, which is closest? Interested in 3rd party alternative too.
Hifiman sells them, the stock pads for the 6se v2 are the PaliPad.
https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/palipad.html

They also have store fronts on Amazon and Ebay, so you can check there as well.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #3,741 of 3,894
Do you know if replacing the original grilles of version 1 with the more open ones of version 2 brings any benefit? If they bring any benefits, what are they and where can they be purchased? Thank you.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #3,742 of 3,894
Do you know if replacing the original grilles of version 1 with the more open ones of version 2 brings any benefit? If they bring any benefits, what are they and where can they be purchased? Thank you.
I think all round cup Hifiman headphones have the exact same stock grille, going all the way to back to the OG HE-400/500, so I don't think that the 6se v1 and v2 have different grilles. If you are asking about aftermarket grilles or running without grilles, there is some sonic benefit IMO, but it's not that massive.

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #3,743 of 3,894
I think all round cup Hifiman headphones have the exact same stock grille, going all the way to back to the OG HE-400/500, so I don't think that the 6se v1 and v2 have different grilles. If you are asking about aftermarket grilles or running without grilles, there is some sonic benefit IMO, but it's not that massive.
I had seen that some blue HE6se V2s had very large mesh grilles and thought they did who knows what. But maybe it's more aesthetic than anything else, so I'll leave the standard ones. However, I bought the Sundara pads which they say improve the frequency curve of the HE6se V1 quite a bit... I'll try it and let you know if I notice any differences.

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #3,744 of 3,894
I had seen that some blue HE6se V2s had very large mesh grilles and thought they did who knows what. But maybe it's more aesthetic than anything else, so I'll leave the standard ones. However, I bought the Sundara pads which they say improve the frequency curve of the HE6se V1 quite a bit... I'll try it and let you know if I notice any differences.
Unless you have an early production HE6SE V1, the pads that come stock on HE6SE V1 now are the same as the Sundara/HE6SE V2 pads.

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #3,745 of 3,894
Unless you have an early production HE6SE V1, the pads that come stock on HE6SE V1 now are the same as the Sundara/HE6SE V2 pads.
I honestly don't know which one they will send me, they should arrive tomorrow and in any case I thought (wrongly) that they were all the same since from what I understood they are limited in number to 700 pieces, but maybe I was wrong about this too.

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #3,746 of 3,894
I honestly don't know which one they will send me, they should arrive tomorrow and in any case I thought (wrongly) that they were all the same since from what I understood they are limited in number to 700 pieces, but maybe I was wrong about this too.
Yeah, I can't recall exactly but I have a vague memory of it being announced as a limited number of units as well, but I guess they went back on that decision. But yeah they've been shipping with Sundara pads for a good long time now so If you bought them recently, and they're brand new, you're good to go.

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #3,747 of 3,894
I'll realize it as soon as I compare them, I've already got the pads and since the HE6s will stay with me for a long time I'll keep them as spares. Thank you for the explanation. :wink:

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #3,749 of 3,894
I read that some specimens have transducer coupling problems, sorry but is there anyone who can explain to me what this means? Different volume between left and right or what else? How do you check that everything is OK? Thank you.

Sep 28, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #3,750 of 3,894
I read that some specimens have transducer coupling problems, sorry but is there anyone who can explain to me what this means? Different volume between left and right or what else? How do you check that everything is OK? Thank you.
Are you referring to the membrane being stuck to the magnets? If so, this post has some things to look for. I don't know if channel imbalance would be an indicator if both sides were stuck (which has happened to some people). The most reliable way to check is to remove the grilles and look for the magnets casting a shadow on the membrane all the way across. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he6-se.886229/post-16685778

Users who are viewing this thread

Back