Hifiman HE6-SE
Mar 15, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2,896 of 3,895
The quality of Schiit products is really questionable. My Schiit amp died in 1.5 years and they shipped a refurbished one to me, which is DOA. Won't buy any Schiit anymore.
OTOH my Schit Rag 1 and Gumby bought in 2015 have never burped once.

Mar 15, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #2,897 of 3,895
OTOH my Schit Rag 1 and Gumby bought in 2015 have never burped once.
Yeah I'm a little puzzled on complaining about quality if there's a 5 year warranty, but I get it's a pain in the ass to go through the RMA process. Even when my Ragnarok had an op-amp problem, they charged me almost nothing to fix it.

I'd also ask why we're even discussing an Asgard on an HE-6SE thread, but hey.

Mar 15, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #2,898 of 3,895
I have a barely used Topping A90 that I can sell to anyone who is looking for something to drive their He6SE... I've been meaning to place the Topping A90 in the classifieds for a long time now, but I guess my laziness is getting the upper hand in this case, so far. :)

Mar 15, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,899 of 3,895
Yeah I'm a little puzzled on complaining about quality if there's a 5 year warranty, but I get it's a pain in the ass to go through the RMA process. Even when my Ragnarok had an op-amp problem, they charged me almost nothing to fix it.

I'd also ask why we're even discussing an Asgard on an HE-6SE thread, but hey.
I don't want to rant too much, but unfortunately my personal experience is not good. It is smooth to go through the RMA process at the beginning. However, when I reported that that the replacement unit they sent to me is DOA, they just ignore my email and never responded.

BTW, I actually bought the "Schiit happens" book and watch many of the Jason's review videos. I like the story of this company and really want to like their products. Since the Schiit amp is already my backup unit as I bought Flux FA-10, I am no longer pushing on this issue any more.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2,900 of 3,895
That's a shame. They'd be a glutton for punishment making crap and than warrantying it for 5 years hah.

When my Raggy op-amp blew, they charged me a hot $40. I guess I can't harp on them for shipping charges hah.

(I wonder if they took out the "audiophile fuse" that was in there?? I'll never know hah)

Mar 15, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #2,902 of 3,895
It's just human nature to believe that your experience is representative. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. People who bought Hifiman and Schiit gear who never have problems don't understand the disappointed people who did have problems. And the people who had problems don't understand the people who are happy and have zero problems.

For me, at the end of the day it is not whether there are problems or not, but that if they come up, how they are handled is what counts. Count me in the camp of unhappy schiiters who got terrible service, repeatedly, and because of that, I won't touch their products with a thousand foot pole. And all the people who have their gear, even many pieces over many years, with zero problems, will not convince me that the company is ok.

Your reputation stands not on your products, but how you treat people. If you have crap products and great service you will make friends who will overlook a lot of aggravation. If you have good products and crap service you will lose friends.

Mar 15, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #2,903 of 3,895
Questioning the quality of some other companies products in a HFM thread is hilarious. HFM has the worse quality out of anyone. Haha
Yeah the book on HFM isn't good. I've been lucky it seems. I can't give them up because of the sound. Dislike many brands for sound - not HFM.

Mar 16, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #2,904 of 3,895
Questioning the quality of some other companies products in a HFM thread is hilarious. HFM has the worse quality out of anyone. Haha
If you could only see the state of my HE-5s....

Mar 23, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #2,905 of 3,895
Is there any place that I can buy some of the honeycomb grill replacements for these? I saw an ebay link a little ways back but they dont appear to have anymore for sale.

for trying out some different cups on them, are there any that might add a little bit more to the low end?

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #2,906 of 3,895
Is there any place that I can buy some of the honeycomb grill replacements for these? I saw an ebay link a little ways back but they dont appear to have anymore for sale.

for trying out some different cups on them, are there any that might add a little bit more to the low end?

All I could suggest is to keep an eye on ebay, I think that is where we have all got them from. But some sellers don't ship to some countries etc. Good luck!

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #2,907 of 3,895

Msg @theangelboy he 3D prints them. Check my post history or HE6seV2 thread to see one he's made for me.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #2,909 of 3,895
i also need one in Europe but there are no seller ):
Ditto :frowning2:

I'm away but when I get back to CR I will try to contact somebody in the very active 3D printing community.

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #2,910 of 3,895
Here's one - if someone with a measurement rig buys ZMF Ori cowhide pads, measures them, and hates them, I will buy the pads off them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back