Hifiman HE6-SE
Dec 6, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #857 of 3,880
Any sound comparison to V1? :beerchug:

Are you referring to my HE-560 V1? I haven't gotten a lot of time to listen to these still burning them in and also listening to an old HD 600 that just came in too haha.

Man the HE6se is just steps above my HE-560.. it makes my HE-560 sound a bit muffled??? More detailed, much more airy, sound stage is much wider and most importantly slams way harder :L3000: I steered away from HE6 series in general because of the price tag and also the power needed to correctly drive them but with the sale recently I am glad I took the plunge. This basically makes my TH900 obsolete because I only kept them around for their bass performance even with their sharper treble and unimpressive midrange.

Now I just gotta read through this whole thread about everyone's amping experience for these. I think these are pretty much my end game.. it has the exact signature I am looking for and I don't see myself paying 2k+ to hear something better.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #859 of 3,880
Are you referring to my HE-560 V1? I haven't gotten a lot of time to listen to these still burning them in and also listening to an old HD 600 that just came in too haha.

Man the HE6se is just steps above my HE-560.. it makes my HE-560 sound a bit muffled??? More detailed, much more airy, sound stage is much wider and most importantly slams way harder :L3000: I steered away from HE6 series in general because of the price tag and also the power needed to correctly drive them but with the sale recently I am glad I took the plunge. This basically makes my TH900 obsolete because I only kept them around for their bass performance even with their sharper treble and unimpressive midrange.

Now I just gotta read through this whole thread about everyone's amping experience for these. I think these are pretty much my end game.. it has the exact signature I am looking for and I don't see myself paying 2k+ to hear something better.

Most likely referring to HE6se v1. The new model is an Adorama exclusive. I don’t imagine the drivers are any different, just the headband and housing color.

HFM is still replacing drivers. And i believe they are all the same now...6se drivers.

You all need to try these on the Flux FA-10. It is a really great pairing, power of a speaker amp in the form factor of a headphone amp. Very good musicality, slam, extension, and air!!!

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #860 of 3,880
Most likely referring to HE6se v1. The new model is an Adorama exclusive. I don’t imagine the drivers are any different, just the headband and housing color.

HFM is still replacing drivers. And i believe they are all the same now...6se drivers.

You all need to try these on the Flux FA-10. It is a really great pairing, power of a speaker amp in the form factor of a headphone amp. Very good musicality, slam, extension, and air!!!

How is the FA-10 with other headphones?

Dec 7, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #862 of 3,880
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #863 of 3,880

Never a fan of the 560. The 500 and 6 (orig 4 & 6) both kill it. On paper and in reality the 6se v1 draws as much as a he-6 6 screw.

I have to put out a call on the pads used to give a wider sound stage on the 6se. I find that it's generalized. Specific instruments are well defined with air, but like the HD-600 on SS amps its just a blob. My modd'ed HE-500 crush my 6se in terms of size, shape, and consistency of the head space - and largely outside the head.

Yes the 6se > TH900. Better battles can be had vs Clear, E2 & Arya (2nd two EQ'd). At $699 however, you'd have to be talking used to make the battles closer.

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #864 of 3,880
Think the issue with tubes is finding an amp that can power the he6se properly. I know a few people running them off tube amps that love it.

Tubes that run well at lower impedances - sure. OTL amps - no.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #866 of 3,880
My take from experience with the: HE-500, HE5-LE, HE-5se, HE-400, HE-4XX, HE-6 6 screw, HE-6se all benefit from the rear screens off w/o exception.

OTOH didn't make any difference with the HEX v2 and Ananda long cups.

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #867 of 3,880
Just received my He6se v2 from Adorama and straight out of the box the left speaker is dead. I remember buying the V1 and returning it twice due to defects with the workmanship (literal pieces of the finish coming off and nicks in the cups) I love the HE6 sound though, it's amazing (when it actually works) I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed really didn't want to have to ship back another pair of HE6

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #868 of 3,880
Just received my He6se v2 from Adorama and straight out of the box the left speaker is dead. I remember buying the V1 and returning it twice due to defects with the workmanship (literal pieces of the finish coming off and nicks in the cups) I love the HE6 sound though, it's amazing (when it actually works) I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed really didn't want to have to ship back another pair of HE6
I had pretty much the exact same issue. Takes a week to get it ship it back to them and a week to get it back.. sucks.

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #869 of 3,880
I had pretty much the exact same issue. Takes a week to get it ship it back to them and a week to get it back.. sucks.
I think i'm going to opt for the refund and not even bother with getting a replacement. The fact that this is the third HE6 that I have had to return now says enough to me about the lack of quality Hifiman has. I'm honestly scared to own this longer then a year, I can see it breaking on me. What a shame Hifiman...

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #870 of 3,880
I think i'm going to opt for the refund and not even bother with getting a replacement. The fact that this is the third HE6 that I have had to return now says enough to me about the lack of quality Hifiman has. I'm honestly scared to own this longer then a year, I can see it breaking on me. What a shame Hifiman...
remove the metal mesh from the back of the ear cup and see if the wires are in check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back