Hifiman HE6-SE
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,846 of 3,903
Anyone know if the Schiit Asgard 3 has enough power to run the HE6se?

Jul 13, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,847 of 3,903
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #1,848 of 3,903
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,849 of 3,903
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #1,850 of 3,903
I still have the option.. Where are you located? Do you have an account on adorama?

try using the link from slickdeals 418ACEA6-2393-4F2B-AC94-F87DA165954A.png

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #1,851 of 3,903
I still have the option.. Where are you located? Do you have an account on adorama?

try using the link from slickdeals
Just ordered it. I actually already have a used set I got for the same price or there abouts.

But I’ve been wondering for ages if it was damaged or something by previous use. Kind of OCD, but I want to be SURE if a new set sounds the same or not. I’ll probably sell the used set on the forum and keep the new one, assuming the new $650 one actually gets to me now that I’ve ordered.

EDIT: if it wasn’t clear by my wording, I had purchased my current set from a previous owner. So I’ve never tried the HE6SE V2 in new condition. With everyone modding these things, including myself, I like to know if the drivers, chassis materials, or something was somehow changed during modification by previous owners.

I’ll share my impressions of the new vs old set I have, if there’s any differences, when I resale the older model in the Classifieds. I’m guessing there is no difference, and I’ll end up selling the old set for a good discount, like $500 probably. If anyone’s interested in a month when the new item says to be shipped, you might want to message me later or stay tuned on the classifieds.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,852 of 3,903
Just ordered it. I actually already have a used set I got for the same price or there abouts.

But I’ve been wondering for ages if it was damaged or something by previous use. Kind of OCD, but I want to be SURE if a new set sounds the same or not. I’ll probably sell the used set on the forum and keep the new one, assuming the new $650 one actually gets to me now that I’ve ordered.

EDIT: if it wasn’t clear by my wording, I had purchased my current set from a previous owner. So I’ve never tried the HE6SE V2 in new condition. With everyone modding these things, including myself, I like to know if the drivers, chassis materials, or something was somehow changed during modification by previous owners.

I’ll share my impressions of the new vs old set I have, if there’s any differences, when I resale the older model in the Classifieds. I’m guessing there is no difference, and I’ll end up selling the old set for a good discount, like $500 probably. If anyone’s interested in a month when the new item says to be shipped, you might want to message me later or stay tuned on the classifieds.
I'll take yours for 500 if it’s not damaged. 650$ is a steal.

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #1,853 of 3,903
I'll take yours for 500 if it’s not damaged. 650$ is a steal.
Well, I like to see the interest ahead of time! I’ll post in the classifieds when the new ones arrive in a month or later, and you can contact me again then. If I’m still selling them for that price, and you’re still in a place where you want to buy, then I would give you priority!

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #1,854 of 3,903
When I click on the "see deal" it takes me to a page which shows no deal:

https://www.adorama.com/hmhe6sev2.html?emailprice=t

Did they run out of them so soon? The page also says the cans are on backorder.
okay: the "see deal" accesses the correct page now. Yes, it's a fantastic deal so jump on one if you can. I did the last time this sale was on, and have not regretted it one bit.

How I wish someone would do a similar deal for the Arya or the HeKSE! Yeah, that sounds greedy, I know, but wouldn't that be just great?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #1,856 of 3,903
Jul 14, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #1,858 of 3,903
I purchased the OG HE-6 and just kind of assumed I had a 6-screw, but I finally decided to try on a different set of pads (Pali pads) and discovered this...

IMG_5036.jpeg

Looks like a late model 4 screw after all. Sounds fantastic.
d91.gif

....Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back