HIFIMAN HE1000 STEALTH Impressions sharing
Jan 21, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #31 of 44
More or less like this you mean? With this setting I'm hearing the voices somewhat more full, if I go back to stock tuning they sound as more pure but yeah I understand what's happening now, I think Hifiman deliberately kills some upper harmonics, I can understand why some people might prefer this sound, not even sure what I prefer switching back and forth, I guess it's somewhat more natural with the EQ but without it's also quite interesting.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 18.02.43.png

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #35 of 44
So now you have about 2.9db boost at 2khz.
Try aiming for 4 or even 5 db . The rest seem on point .
True, I misread that!

Yeah very interesting, thanks mate! As far as the sound goes, I remain with my initial estimation: upper harmonics etc. It sounds more audeze like, kinda like it, I think it's somewhat more natural this way. Well that's interesting that one can play around like that, you can model it into whatever you like basically, isn't it cool.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #36 of 44
Yeah very interesting, thanks mate! As far as the sound goes, I remain with my initial estimation: upper harmonics etc. It sounds more audeze like, kinda like it, I think it's somewhat more natural this way. Well that's interesting that one can play around like that, you can model it into whatever you like basically, isn't it cool.
Exactly. I’m not into the Harman treble boost so for the rest you’re on your own but now you definitely corrected the most infamous Hifiman dip. The rest is for you to try and see what works best. Be careful if you boost the lower end, that’s a lot of energy and you’ll probably lose some definition if you go overboard.

Enjoy 😊

Jan 21, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #38 of 44
The best I can do, it actually won't let me do a very small bell.

P.S. Doing on this with HE1000 Stealth, I'm quite happy I have to say, the sound is so transparent, extremely comfortable too.

Perfect. But your bell is perfect as is so no need for smaller .

See how it goes and whenever you believe there’s something that might fall short ( or lack ) , do the same process until you’re fully satisfied .

Keep in mind to never go crazy with correction. The one you just did should be the most obnoxious.

Jan 21, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #39 of 44
Oratory1990 is setting 1900 Hz, 5,5 dB 1,4 Q

what ist your setting?

Jan 21, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #40 of 44
Actually I just discovered that I can input these params directly. I found these settings to make it closer to the Harman curve

Preamp: -3.45 dB

Filter: ON PK Fc 25 Hz Gain 3.4 dB Q 0.5

Filter: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain 3.4 dB Q 2.5

Filter: ON HS Fc 6500 Hz Gain -2.2 dB Q 0.7

Filter: ON PK Fc 9200 Hz Gain 1 dB Q 6

Filter: ON PK Fc 5400 Hz Gain 3.4 dB Q 6

(Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/14zoa9g/he1000_stealth_eq/)

I'm not quite sure if I'm interpreting them correctly, PK must be the "bell" in the software I'm using, HS is probably High Shelf, the thing is I'm not finding where I can setup the Q for High Schelf, doesn't seem that it's there.

Jan 23, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #43 of 44
More or less like this you mean? With this setting I'm hearing the voices somewhat more full, if I go back to stock tuning they sound as more pure but yeah I understand what's happening now, I think Hifiman deliberately kills some upper harmonics, I can understand why some people might prefer this sound, not even sure what I prefer switching back and forth, I guess it's somewhat more natural with the EQ but without it's also quite interesting.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 18.02.43.png
It has to do with the overhang depth of the cups (front and rear). Increase it or decrease it and watch the dip move. It's the baffle effect. I think that the ideal back and front would be tapered - say a ratio of 1 to 1.7 with serrations on the back side - say 6 serrations, of varying depth and width to further spread the effect - would look wanky but would spread that dip around, and mitigate its severity - a matter of physics. The front side could be tapered as well, but serrations would kill the aftermarket on the pads - which makers of the cans would like as it would assure more sales.

If I had access to a printer I'd make some up. Anyone want to volunteer to make some for the HFM round cups?

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #44 of 44
As for sharing impressions: OMG, these things are amazing! I kept reading and hearing about the detail but what these things reveal is astonishing, every note is crystal clear and sharp yet the overall sound is smooooth; everything sounds so real that at times it feels as if you're in the same room or on the stage with the band, I love these things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back